[Oneplus Buds Pro] ANC and pinch issues via OnePlus 8T

1. G_alexis_tran_rEVZ
    Cupcake Dec 2, 2021

G_alexis_tran_rEVZ , via OnePlus 8T , Dec 2, 2021 :
    Hi everyone,

I am an aficionado of Oneplus. I have bought the Oneplus 3T, Oneplus 6T and now the Oneplus 8T.
    I wanted to try the new Buds pro but I have to say that it is a HUGE deception. It has just too many issues to be used on a daily basis.

First, the pinch on the earbuds works VERY randomly. I can pinch 3 times, then it would simply stop working. Sometimes, I can pinch on the left side but not on the right, and vice versa. So I basically never use this feature to control my buds.

Then, the transparency mode is SUPER annoying. It just keep switching to this mode while I'm listening to my music. The least thing I want when I'm listening to music is to hear the amplified ambient noise around me. It just can stay to "off" and it will keep going back to transparency mode...

Finally, the ANC is bothering me the most. It keeps saying that I need to insert my earbuds when they are already in my ears. I would then twist them FOREVER to try to make them detected so I can enable the ANC. This is the main reason I've bought these earbuds, and it just doesn't work.

So basically, the basic functions of the earbuds don't work properly for me. Obviously I've read all the solutions in the forum, update the firmware and tried all the possible settings. I'm not asking for a super sound quality, or perfect sound cancelation, I just want working earbuds!

If someone face the same issues, please comment.

2. Gor.
    New Star of Community Award 2021 Dec 3, 2021

Gor. , Dec 3, 2021 :
    Hey there,

Yes, the pinch is inconsistent. Maybe it would be better if it were a bit more sensitive to fingers.

For the ANC case, did you confirm the insertion with the available internal earbud fit test option?

drl431 likes this.
  3. G_alexis_tran_rEVZ
    Cupcake Dec 3, 2021

G_alexis_tran_rEVZ , via OnePlus 8T , Dec 3, 2021 :
    Yes I did.
    It just say it is good on both earbuds. Honestly I don't see any difference before and after.
    Just now I spent 10 min repositioning my earbuds in my ears. Eventually, it would finally work for 1 min and then switch back to transparency mode because again they are not detected in my ears...

4. barnabyj
    Honeycomb Dec 3, 2021

barnabyj , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Dec 3, 2021 :
    Try turning off in ear detection. If this is on, and the buds cannot detect they are in your ear, it will turn off anc and only allow transparency mode.

5. Gor.
    New Star of Community Award 2021 Dec 6, 2021

Gor. , Dec 6, 2021 :
    Oh okay. I assume you have the best fit ear tips fitted because that can also play a role.

Not sure if you've done this, but did you reset the buds and see if it helps? If yes, you can apply for a replacement. There's a possibility that the unit you have at present may be buggy or may have some sort of defect with it's internal components.

6. G_alexis_tran_rEVZ
    Cupcake Dec 6, 2021

Gor. likes this.
  7. Gor.
    New Star of Community Award 2021 Dec 9, 2021

Gor. , Dec 9, 2021 :
    No problem :). What matters first is if you bought the buds from an official OnePlus store. If yes, you can contact them directly through their local direct helplines and ask for guidance because every region would possibly have variables.

If you didn't purchase them from an official store, I doubt if they'll accept the return/replacement request, although, again you can still contact them and confirm the same.

G_alexis_tran_rEVZ likes this.