OnePlus Buds Pro appearing in Oxygen OS 12 as OnePlus Buds Z via OnePlus 9 Pro

1. Noah_Cosmo
    Donut Apr 19, 2022

Noah_Cosmo , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Apr 19, 2022 :
    Often when connecting my OnePlus Buds Pro to my OnePlus 9 pro, they appear with an image of the OnePlus buds Z, it started with the Oxygen os 12 update, with OOS 11 i never had this problem, forgetting the device an reconnecting also doesn't change anything. I find it very disappointing having bought both the most expensive smartphone and most expensive earphones from OnePlus and be facing this kind of issues...
    1650381142907.jpg

2. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Apr 19, 2022

3. Noah_Cosmo
    Donut Apr 23, 2022

Swejuggalo likes this.
  4. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Apr 23, 2022

Swejuggalo , Apr 23, 2022 :
    Well "oplus" and merged code base with Color OS. A lot of things is shared by both brands.
    This app came automatically for me. But of some reason some users lack it.

5. NanoKa
    Cupcake May 12, 2022

6. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert May 12, 2022

Swejuggalo , May 12, 2022 :
    No issues for me on 10 Pro. I started clean and did not transfer any apps or settings from any other device. It just works.
    Perhaps there is some conflicting data somewhere. Do you happen to have the OnePlus Buds app transferred to the device?

7. NanoKa
    Cupcake May 12, 2022

NanoKa , via OnePlus Community App , May 12, 2022 :
    Yes, i had a oneplus 6 and i used oplus clone. I have a lot of apps and data on the phone, it's very hard for me to just reinstall everything. And i could not find wipe cache anymore from recovery mode so I don't know how to clear the buds app. I uninstalled it and reinstalled but nothing changed

8. Swejuggalo

Sometimes the time you spend on solving problems may be larger than what a clean setup would take.
    Personally have all media files automatically synced online via Onedrive. I manually save some files there too.
    I manually install the most important apps right away. All my 2FA is recovered within minutes without adding them all manually. Then I simply add the less important apps every now and then.
    Need to add my BandID manually though.
    All in all, in my case, not a major issue with a full wipe.

9. NanoKa
    Cupcake May 12, 2022

NanoKa , via OnePlus Community App , May 12, 2022 :
    It seems like this will be my only option. I just wanted to reconfirm with you that on your oneplus 10 pro, it appears the picture of the buds pro and not just white color buds like below?
    1652360193893.jpg

10. Swejuggalo

Last time I connected them, it was correct.
    Don't have them with me at the moment though.

NanoKa likes this.
  11. NanoKa
    Cupcake May 17, 2022

NanoKa , via OnePlus Community App , May 17, 2022 :
    Finally I made full format data of the phone, and did not make restore as u advised and started installing everything from the beginning, but still same thing with the earbuds pro. It just does not read them correctly and due to that no quick guide for them opens neither shows the correct earbuds picture. Comparing to my old oneplus 6 which shows everything perfect. I did download the wireless earphones as u suggested and still the same. So weird check below screenshots, the correct ones is the op6 and the wrong is op10pro.
    1652827336217.jpg

1652827336370.jpg

1652827336511.jpg

1652827082796.jpg

1652827082832.jpg

12. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert May 18, 2022

Swejuggalo , May 18, 2022 :
    Really weird. I guess I can do some tests and see if I can replicate something.
    Maybe some glitch is triggering it somehow. You can report it via the feedback tool. That way bughunters may help with forwarding logs to the Devs.

View attachment 1791208

13. NanoKa
    Cupcake May 18, 2022

NanoKa , via OnePlus Community App , May 18, 2022 :
    This is what I did today, I reported 2 cases, one for this and another for the 5g issue. I found today another issue with wireless charging, in my car I have built in wireless charging, all phones works perfectly except my new op10, it starts for 5 seconds and stops, after words u can't charge nothing till you turn the car off and back on.
    Honestly I am facing a lot of issues with the op10, I am a very big supporter for the brand and I never had issues with their previous phone versions but this one I am having a lot of bugs.

14. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert May 18, 2022

Swejuggalo , May 18, 2022 :
    So the charger in the car needs to be powered off to allow charging again? Sounds like it ends up in some kind of self protection mode. Not totally sure if that is something that a software update can fix.

Certain cases, thicker ones and those that may have metal parts at the back may be problematic and fail. But even then powering them off just to use them again is nothing I can remember experiencing.

15. NanoKa
    Cupcake May 18, 2022

NanoKa , via OnePlus Community App , May 18, 2022 :
    This is so weird, because I don't use case at all on my phone, I always like to enjoy my new phones look for a while before using any cover.
    The more weird is that only this phone acts this way, all other phones I tried or even the op buds pro just charge perfectly. I can't think of a reason for that. I even tried to charge it while the phone is off and still the same, connects and disconnects after 5 seconds.