OnePlus Buds Pro: Everything we know so far

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. razzor228
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Jul 16, 2021

razzor228 , Jul 16, 2021 :
    Buds Pro Header.jpg

OnePlus Buds Pro has managed to keep a low profile for quite a while now. Unlike most products that get leaked weeks or sometimes even months before their launch date, the Buds Pro has been under wraps until now. Only when OnePlus itself made an announcement last week everyone came to know that the Buds Pro would be launching alongside the Nord 2.

This is the first time that OnePlus is launching a proper active noise-canceling (ANC) earphone, opposed to the ‘environmental noise cancellation’ on the OnePlus Buds, that only filtered microphone noise on outgoing calls. According to @Kinder L.'s – Head of Research and Development – interview with CNET, The Buds Pro will feature something OnePlus calls adaptive noise cancellation, described as a type of ANC that "adjusts how much noise canceling is needed, auto-tuning itself from a minimum of 15 decibels to a maximum of 40db".

In the interview Kinder also revealed a bit of information about the Battery Life, claiming up to 28 hours with adaptive noise cancellation enabled and up to 38 hours with it turned off, 8 hours more when compared with the Buds and Buds Z 30-hour claim. OnePlus also confirmed that Warp Charge is still onboard allowing the earphones to provide 10 hours of battery life from a 10 minute which is absolutely bonkers 🤯! The Buds Pro will also support 2-watt Wireless Charging, down from the 10W USB-C wired charging.

Amongst the things revealed to CNET, they also confirmed the presence of a touch interactive stem which allows controlling the earbuds, namely to ‘toggle noise cancellation by holding down on the stem of the left or right earbud.

CNET also mentioned that they were able to take a sneak peek of the new earbuds, comparing them in design and size to Apple's AirPods Pro. ‘Available in matte black, the Buds Pro features a combination of matte and glossy finishes, with the buds themselves being matte and the stems a glossy metallic covering.’ Kinder added that a ‘non-conductive vacuum metallization technology’ was used to create this design.

budspro-kv-cnet.jpg

"This creates a smooth and shiny metallic finish on the control area of the stem and offers a better operating experience," he says, adding that the "matte texture on the rest of the surface" makes the Buds Pro "less slippery and more sweat- and dust-resistant than glossy metal."

Now, coming on to the thing probably most of you might be interested in knowing - the price. Nothing was said during the interview, but some rumors point to the Buds Pro being priced under $150.

Given the track record, OnePlus simply doesn’t give the Pro moniker to their devices unless they are worthy of it. So what are your thoughts on the information that has been leaked so far? Is there anything that you feel needs to be present on the upcoming Buds Pro?

Join me below in the discussion and share your thoughts!

Source: CNET

2. Cheetosdust
    Junior Moderator Junior Moderator Jul 16, 2021

Stickied Post

3. razzor228

Stickied Post
    razzor228 , Jul 16, 2021 :
    OnePlus Buds Pro Confirmed specs:
    • ANC with adaptive noise cancelling from 15dB to a maximum of 40dB
    • 28h playback time with ANC on, 38h with ANC off
    • 10-hour battery life from a 10-minute charge
    • 10W Wired USB-C Charging
    • 2W Wireless Charging
    • Noise Cancellation Toggle via the left or right earbud stem
    • Color: Matte Black Body with Glossy Metallic Covering on Stem

4. razzor228
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Jul 20, 2021

Stickied Post
    razzor228 , Jul 20, 2021 :
    OnePlus just posted a new Promo for the Buds Pro, giving us a sneak peek at how the Stem Pinch thingy works. You can also see the design of the Buds Pro here.

Karun Deep and McJader like this.
  5. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Jul 23, 2021

Stickied Post

the_o2 and sritejkoduru like this.
  6. Moka69
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 16, 2021

Moka69 , Jul 16, 2021 :
    This got me wrong 😜

7. itachi_095
    Froyo Jul 16, 2021

itachi_095 , Jul 16, 2021 :
    This sounds exciting but I'm really counting upon Nothing Ear (1) rather than the Buds Pro from OnePlus.

drummer79, ham009, abidbunny and 17 others like this.
  8. nerdkabir

9. Cheetosdust

Cheetosdust , Jul 16, 2021 :
    They sound - no pun intended - really promising.

Thank you for the thread, that teaser with two finishes of black looks gorgeous. Hopefully, it carries for the retail unit.

That's an interesting observation. Can I ask you why? Honestly interested in knowing why. They are promising too.

pkg3107, KaranRIyer, SRD. and 5 others like this.
  10. itachi_095
    Froyo Jul 16, 2021

itachi_095 , Jul 16, 2021 :
    Maybe they've been marketing their product like the original Nord that I've purchased. And also their prospect seems interesting and well definitely at a lower price.

11. camohan
    Moderator Moderator Jul 16, 2021

12. Cheetosdust

I don't know how much the OnePlus Buds Pro are going to cost - be it in Europe or India.

Usually, and we saw this many times, including with the ear (1), we shouldn't convert the prices.

But it's going to be interesting, I am sure they're going to be compared extensively.

Whatever you end up buying, I hope they suit your needs.

Helder_DAlmeida and superplus like this.
  13. McJader
    Marshmallow Jul 16, 2021

McJader , Jul 16, 2021 :
    You like to make these threads when you already have the product for quite some time, eh?😏
    Like you did for the Watch.:rolleyes::D
    Double agents don't get to speak here:rolleyes:

14. Cheetosdust

I have two ears, double the earbuds. :rolleyes:

Plus, I believe the Bluetooth connection on my phone supports more than one device at a time. :cool:

15. iharshjjain

iharshjjain , Jul 16, 2021 :
    Naming it Pro won't make it comparable to Airpods Pro.
    Expecting flagship killer like specs n price.
    But inclined more towards transparent buds.
    Also touch sensitive gestures is need of the moment.

16. McJader
    Marshmallow Jul 16, 2021

McJader , Jul 16, 2021 :
    People are sure going to be amused after seeing Alan Moore wearing OnePlus Nothing :rolleyes::D:p

17. anunayC

anunayC , Jul 16, 2021 :
    Now this confuses me. Buds Pro or Ear (1)s? 👀👀
    What do you guys think?

NIKHILHUMBE and anujthakurece like this.

19. Starcommander

20. Dineshnagar553
    Eclair Jul 16, 2021

21. youbi
    Assistant Head Moderator Assistant Head Moderator Jul 16, 2021

youbi , Jul 16, 2021 :
    Glad that OnePlus is finally joining the ANC team and curious to see how the first reviews talk about them. Let's hope they live up to their expectations if what a pro product is for OnePlus.

I'm currently in the market for a new pair of wireless earphones since my old airpods v1 battery can barely last 10 min now, so more options to choose from always helps making the better choice. :D

Curious ok how the case will be, hope they make it portable enough for fitting in the jeans small pocket, that's my essential criteria for portability. :p

May I ask exactly what you don't like about them? The truth is that one can barely see anything, so one can't really make a proper judgement.

23. Pulkit_Bhansali , via OnePlus Nord Gray Onyx , Jul 16, 2021 :
    Have you seen buds?
    You were.using airpods and you doesn't even notice the design

PRMOULESHWARREDD likes this.
  24. ashish960
    Honeycomb Jul 16, 2021

sritejkoduru, devishian and kpcivil22 like this.