OnePlus Buds Pro Launch Celebration: Perfect Match Unboxing Challenge

1. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Aug 25, 2021

dsmonteiro , Aug 25, 2021 :
    banner.jpg

Hey everyone,

Today we're all excited as a new product hits the market, our premium pair of true wireless earbuds, the OnePlus Buds Pro. Thanks to their Smart Adaptive Noise Cancellation, you're able to enjoy a next-level of immersive listening experience, devoid of noise.

To celebrate the launch, we've cooked up an interesting activity for you. If you're just getting your OnePlus Buds Pro, join the Perfect Match to win some cool prizes.

1680880-c54b6d87bde971bedceecdc6a4337d73.jpg

How to enter:
    • Drop 3 photos, or videos, or gifs of your OnePlus Buds Pro Unboxing
    • The theme is Perfect Match. You can either match your OnePlus Buds Pro with music or video apps or with the devices you're pairing them with, like your phone, computer or smartwatch. As long as you think OnePlus Buds Pro matches them perfectly, any opinion is welcome. (Try to keep you posts under 200 words, no limitation on content)
    Awards:
    • Top 3 entries will be awarded a brand-new OnePlus Watch
    • Top 4-13 entries will be awarded a Never Settle T-shirt (chosen your own size)
    45fdcb965fdd17c15dd471d407c625ab_2796_0.jpg 下载.png

Rules:
    • Please post no more than 3 photos / videos / gifs per post
    • Please post no more than 3 posts under this thread
    • This contest will run until September 30, 11:59 PM CET.
    • Plagiarism is strictly prohibited. Any user found indulging in plagiarism will be disqualified and warned per forum rules. You'll also be banned from winning any community awards for a year.
    • This challenge is open for those who purchased the OnePlus Buds Pro, those who got it from the Lab can join for fun.
    • Standard Terms and Conditions are applied.

Once the challenge is over, we'll close this thread and announce the winning posts by October 4. We'll update this thread with the winners' names. Don't hesitate, come and join us!:smile:

2. dsmonteiro

Stickied Post

3. DIVITH.C
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 28, 2021

Stickied Post
    DIVITH.C , via OnePlus 8T Aquamarine Green , Aug 28, 2021 :
    1630109351701.jpg
    Looking forward to unlock the Pro experience on the new OnePlus Buds Pro! The best about these are.. its Matte BLCK, you don't even need to try to match it with anything! It would only unlock more to the paired just like Plus One!

Last edited: Sep 7, 2021

4. denzelwilson
    Froyo Aug 28, 2021

Stickied Post

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 12, 2021

5. preeti13gupta95@
    Cupcake Aug 28, 2021

6. akki4891
    Cupcake Aug 29, 2021

Stickied Post

mohdkhaidir, Gor. and Manu Henintsoa like this.
  7. akhilesh_m
    Froyo Aug 29, 2021

Stickied Post
    akhilesh_m , Aug 29, 2021 :
    Here is my entry-

It was the launch day & my nimble fingers were ready to click 'Proceed to Buy'. 48 hours later, they are very much pleased to feel the ritzy chrome stalk with matte texture of Oneplus Buds Pro.

The first thing that you see as soon as you unbox is the tactile matte case which opens like a treasure trunk. (I swear my face lit up and beam of light shone through as I opened the case just like in those treasure hunt movies :hearteyes:)
    IMG_20210829_140419.jpg

The case is water resistant which is a welcome addition and should be an industry standard going forward. They are somewhat scratch resistant and will likely endure rough use, in other words they are Cat-Resistant. My kitty is definitely not happy.:cryingcat:

IMG_20210829_134326.jpg

Speaking of Perfect Match, it bodes well with my Timex Mariner watch and my high-performance 10th Gen i7 Lenovo ThinkPad that I use for work.

IMG_20210829_131815.jpg

My first TWS was the original Oneplus buds and with the Pro edition I can assure you that my audio experience has been highly elevated. To experience what a rich and mellifluous audio feels like, I recommend watching Director Chloé Zhao Eternals Trailer from Dolby. If you got an immersive full screen like my Oneplus 7T Pro, then it's Dolby Cinematic Experience at its best :wink:

Being in IT project with WFH setup, I do have to speak and attend meetings and thus I am glad that these Pros now help me focus better in spite of the construction noise and chatter outside, all thanks to superb ANC tech embedded smartly. After a hectic day, these Pros help me relax and sleep by including soothing white noise of Zen Mode Air.

Thank you Oneplus for hearing to the community feedback. You heard me and now I truly #HearTheUnheard.

8. iharshjjain
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 31, 2021

Stickied Post
    iharshjjain , Aug 31, 2021 :
    The Unusual Pro’s

THe Unsual Pros.gif

So this happens to be the most unusual pair of Pro’s that i could afford.

Latest Pro's Unboxing:

Unboxing Pro.gif

Been associated with OnePlus before there debut in sound accessories. The reason I bought these earbuds is because @Starcommander had recommended them (hahahah, may be yes.) but because of the quality sound they produce, ANC and Matte Black with shinny bottoms. I have been waiting for these since the launch of OnePlus 9 Series. And now I can say that they were worth the wait. To be honest, I didn't tried any of the Apple AirPods, so not comparing them with those but yes I had all the previous versions of OnePlus Wireless Bullets and Buds and these are the best version of all. Though dual connection is not yet out but I am looking forward to it to use on my recently bought iPhone 12 Pro and 2014 manufactured MacBook Pro (hope it works).

Review:

As for the initial connection and after installing Hey Melody, the process was pretty quick with no hassles.

The First song I played on my OnePlus Buds Pro was Firestone - Kygo. The notes, the strokes, the vocals were crystal clear and from that moment I finally found my Buds. From the hard tips of Buds to the bulky case of Buds Z I settled for the sleek Buds Pro.

The 2nd song was Dynamite - Taio Cruz. The bass was accurate & upto the mark and when on ANC its like the song is playing inside your mind and you feel like just to relax on the couch and enjoy the music.

OnePlus Buds Pro.JPG

Pro's N Con's:
    Very much comfortable on ears (using Medium ear tips).
    Connectivity range is good.
    The buds case is good in size and weight.
    The 3 modes are a good enhancement to use the ability of the buds.
    Got my buds pro yesterday so haven’t kept them on charging yet.
    The app is somewhat buggy on iOS but i hope improvements will come in future updates.
    Mic is glitchy sometimes on Bike (with helmet on head).
    The magnetic pull up mechanism on the case for buds is not that strong.

9. Gor.
    KitKat Sep 1, 2021

Stickied Post
    Gor. , Sep 1, 2021 :
    Hey @dsmonteiro! Thank you hosting such an interesting contest :).

upload_2021-9-1_17-40-0.gif
    I got my hands on the Glossy White ones! The not so famously sought ones ;). They look classy to me though :cool:. Haven't gotten much usage time with them yet but so far I can say that the noise cancellation is 👌👌. The audio is indeed crystal clear as advertised. I am deeply excited to use them more in days and months to come.

upload_2021-9-1_17-55-42.gif
    Unboxing experience for OnePlus products is always cool and satisfying! The packaging is :hearteyes::hearteyes:. However, I was wondering what was happening with the picture section on the box. Frankly speaking, it could be improved further :neutral:. Overall, its a great mouth watering red and white cake 🍰🍰 ready to be devoured!

upload_2021-9-1_17-44-44.gif

A huge thank you and congratulations to the OnePlus team 👏👏! The first impressions are outstanding and promising. Still getting used to the pinching/pressing gestures :sweatsmile:. I guess need a bit more practicing and I should be good to go :).

Thank you for viewing this post :).

Last edited: Sep 1, 2021

10. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Sep 2, 2021

Stickied Post
    Dresa91 , Sep 2, 2021 :
    So, here is my „unboxing“-story @dsmonteiro :) It could be a kind of everyday life ;)

The day starts well with a round of running 🏃‍♂️ : the music matches thematically Run Boy Run - Woodkid 🎶
    540D59BD-AC22-4EC2-BA90-C6886F7513D6.jpeg
    Btw: The Matte Black is a perfect match for my running shoes 😎

After I had my fun outside and Enya was a bit offended that I was outside without her, now it's her turn 😊. During the dog walk 🦮 I can still talk on the phone or just listen to music 🎵:)
    You know: Who Let The Dogs Out - Baha Men ;)
    EFB58EEC-00AB-4AE3-A48D-DF8571E4E2E4.jpeg

Finally, at the end of the day I can then relax with a glass of red wine 🍷 and a podcast or likewise music, and let the day end :)
    Summer Wine - Ville Valo & Natalia Avelon
    B099D9FD-236F-4BD5-838E-E9DC2D517466.jpeg
    BTW: Montepulciano d'Abruzzo is one of my favorite wines, we had this red wine at our wedding :)

hope you enjoyed this „unboxing“-story:)
    Cheers everyone:) ☕️ 🤗

11. Poslannik
    Donut Sep 6, 2021

Stickied Post

12. RacerZ
    KitKat Sep 8, 2021

Stickied Post
    RacerZ , via OnePlus 9 , Sep 8, 2021 :
    The artist Lauv and the OnePlus Buds Pro go hand-in-hand.

I Like Me Better - Lauv

I like me better when I'm with you
    I knew from the first time, I'd stay for a long time 'cause
    I like me better when
    I like me better when I'm with you

1631058723823.jpg

1631058723875.jpg

1631058723914.jpg

13. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Aug 25, 2021

Bobbie63 , Aug 25, 2021 :
    Well I would make a picture of me and my twin brother, each wearing a bud.:)

Only problem is I haven’t got a twin brother. So everyone participating………give it your best and good luck to you all.

14. McJader
    Marshmallow Aug 25, 2021

McJader , Aug 25, 2021 :
    I'm not sure too many people want that at this point. :rolleyes:
    Cool contest, I would participate if I would've bought the Buds Pro now.

15. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Aug 25, 2021

Dresa91 , Aug 25, 2021 :
    Nice one:)
    Looking forward for the watch ⌚️

Good luck everyone:)

16. hbk1402
    Jelly Bean Aug 25, 2021

17. dsmonteiro

dsmonteiro , Aug 25, 2021 :
    You still have a month to pull the trigger.

18. McJader
    Marshmallow Aug 25, 2021

McJader , Aug 25, 2021 :
    I'm tempted for sure, let's see.
    :D

19. Karun Deep
    Jelly Bean Aug 25, 2021

Dresa91 likes this.
  20. DarshanMeniya
    OnePlus TV Product Ninja 2021 Aug 25, 2021

21. camohan
    Moderator Moderator Aug 25, 2021

camohan , Aug 25, 2021 :
    Well.. Seems like a my type of contest minus buds pro minus creativity.

22. suhantm
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 25, 2021

suhantm , Aug 25, 2021 :
    @dsmonteiro and/or @Cheetosdust and/or @Ryan Fenwick now's your chance!

23. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Aug 25, 2021

Bobbie63 , Aug 25, 2021 :
    Looking forward to your anti-creative, "OnePlus buds pro"-less entry.

Maybe a video of you opening a can of Pringles while rapping? :rolleyes:

Caomhin, superplus, hbk1402 and 9 others like this.
  24. KOMAL BLORIA
    Cupcake Aug 25, 2021

rayprayas03 likes this.
  25. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Aug 25, 2021

Dresa91 , Aug 25, 2021 :
    E-Mail: no, there are enough apps in PlayStore, like Gmail or Outlook
    Fm radio app: well, there is no FM chip. You can’t use a fm radio app.

26. NarasimhaV
    Cupcake Aug 25, 2021

27. udaybhaskar22
    Gingerbread Aug 25, 2021

28. B_Wrath
    Nougat Aug 25, 2021

B_Wrath , Aug 25, 2021 :
    It's too costly a trigger though:rolleyes:

29. sumitMZ007
    Jelly Bean Aug 25, 2021

Dresa91 likes this.
  30. RonaldM
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 25, 2021

RonaldM , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Aug 25, 2021 :
    Exited to enter this contest, having pre-ordered the new OnePlus Buds Pro I can't wait to start unboxing (shipping approx September 2nd) 🎉
    Especially seeing a lot of positive reviews on YouTube and Tech sites!

Bobbie63 , Gor.V and Overzee like this.