OnePlus Buds Pro Updates via OnePlus 9 Pro

1. RyanM1976
    Froyo Dec 1, 2021

RyanM1976 , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Dec 1, 2021 :
    So I have a pair of OnePlus Buds Pro, I'm neither over excited or disappointed with them, mainly because of of what I feel are empty promises on the back of the box, does anyone know if there will be an update soon to fix this.

2. CFL246THO
    Cupcake Dec 2, 2021

CFL246THO , Dec 2, 2021 :
    Update to fix what? If you are referring to something besides what is on the box, I don't know what it is. Did you get the $75 Cyber Monday special? If you did I'm wondering how you feel about them when obtained inexpensively.

3. Gor.
    New Star of Community Award 2021 Dec 2, 2021

Gor. , Dec 2, 2021 :
    Hey there,

Kindly elaborate further on what exactly you are disappointed with or what issues you've been having trouble with. Further details will enable someone to help you out here.

In regards to updates, OnePlus never releases any timeline of scheduled updates if there are any queued up for the future.

4. RyanM1976
    Froyo Dec 2, 2021

RyanM1976 , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Dec 2, 2021 :
    I'm talking about LHDC , Dolby Atmos, Smart Noise Cancellation . These either don't exist even though they are listed on the packaging or are poor.

Alexou_ likes this.
  5. RyanM1976
    Froyo Dec 3, 2021

RyanM1976 , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Dec 3, 2021 :
    Read my question, did I say I bought then inexpensively?

6. barnabyj
    Honeycomb Dec 3, 2021

barnabyj , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Dec 3, 2021 :
    All these features exist, but only under certain conditions. The box unfortunately also had fine print that said lhdc is only currently supported on OnePlus phones with Android 12. Currently only the OP 9 supports it, and soon any OP device that is getting updated to Android 12. Dolby Atmos is supported only on OP phones that included Atmos. Smart ANC will work on any phone, assuming you configure it via the OP buds app, or hey melody app.

SynchroT likes this.
  7. CFL246THO
    Cupcake Dec 10, 2021

CFL246THO , Dec 10, 2021 :
    No, you didn't say you got them at any price. I was just curious if you got that deal, and if you did how that might inform your decision. No big deal.

Good points, if they are promoting features they need to back them up immediately

8. danishhazari
    Gingerbread Dec 11, 2021

RyanM1976 likes this.
  9. Liehjan
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus Buds Pro Community Expert Dec 12, 2021

Liehjan , Dec 12, 2021 :
    It was said to come later... But no one knows when that is. I've been waiting for this feature since launch.

10. danishhazari
    Gingerbread Dec 12, 2021

danishhazari , via OnePlus 7T , Dec 12, 2021 :
    I don't think they will bring this feature. If it has to come, it should have been came till date. Same they did to oneplus watch. I hate oneplus now for buggy software and late firmware updates. Oneplus is now BugPlus.

My old OnePlus buds were good atleast they were having that quick switch feature. The upgrade happened for being pro and lost the basic features.

RyanM1976 likes this.