OnePlus buds - Right bud charging issue via OnePlus 6

1. Rohan Mane
    Froyo Nov 26, 2021

Rohan Mane , via OnePlus 6 , Nov 26, 2021 :
    The right earbud has trouble charging. I've seen quite a few posts where multiple users are facing the same issue. In my case, the right bud doesn't charge when the case is closed, I have to leave the case open and the buds should be disconnected from all devices and it should be in a certain position or else it doesn't charge. Plus, sometimes the case doesn't detect the right bud. The right bud will only charge 2/10 times and even then, it looses charge quickly.
    If I use it for phone calls, it looses charge even faster.This issue is present only with the right bud. The left bud charges properly even with the case closed.

I sent the buds to the OnePlus service center 3 TIMES while they were under warranty and they could neither fix the issue nor did they replace the buds. The customer care service is just as pathetic as the service center. Can't say whether its a software or a hardware issue as OnePlus buds haven't recieved an update since a few months after launch.

Overall, I suggest you avoid OnePlus products. If you get a product that functions well, good for you. But if you do start facing any issue, the customer care and after sales is one of the worst I've seen. You'd be better off buying Airpods or Galaxy buds.

ANYONE ELSE FACING THIS ISSUE, LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS IF YOU MANAGED TO FIX THIS ISSUE.
    1637919050309.jpg

1637919053623.jpg
    1637948010604.jpg

Last edited: Nov 26, 2021

DanPurple2 and ru3110 like this.
  2. ru3110
    Cupcake Dec 7, 2021

ru3110 , via OnePlus 7T , Dec 7, 2021 :
    Yes, similar issue I have faced multiple times.
    I have to press little bit while putting right ear bud in case. But sometimes it work and sometimes doesn't.

OnePlus need to consider this and need to fix this.

Rohan Mane likes this.
  3. Rohan Mane
    Froyo Dec 7, 2021

Rohan Mane , via OnePlus 6 , Dec 7, 2021 :
    Yes, pressing the right bud does seem to make it charge but not only is it uncomfortable, it could also make the charging issue worse if you end up damaging the connectors.

OnePlus has done nothing to fix this issue. Even their own service center couldn't fix this issue.

ru3110 likes this.
  4. ru3110
    Cupcake Dec 7, 2021