Oneplus Buds - The being free playlist

1. youbi
    Marshmallow Assistant Head Moderator Jul 20, 2020

youbi , Jul 20, 2020 :
    Hello everyone,

As probably many of you already know, after all the cool bullets that OnePlus has “shot” in the past, they are about to release a pair of new buds for life (read more about it on this great deep dive here). :) One of the great new things about them is that they are the first truly wireless earphones from OnePlus (commonly known as TWS - True Wireless Stereo), and the first ones that really set you free to listen your favorite songs.

I don’t know how it is with you guys, but for me music ends up being my coffee and what makes the blood properly run through my veins. If I want to focus on work, I have a playlist for it, if I go on a run, my running playlist is ready to deploy, if I’m having a bad day, there’s a nice playlist to cheer me up. Basically, in my life I need my music as much as my Oxygen, so to fully enjoy it, a good pair of earphones is the ideal companion. With the added bonus that you can even enjoy all your guilty pleasures songs without upsetting others. :D :p

In the past we had to make the wired earphones work, and yeah, for the most they did the job, except for the amount of time you lost everyday disentangling the wires, or when there was the occasionally phone on the floor accident, after you forgot they were still connected. The first wireless bullets solved half the problem, because you could finally cut cords and walk freely around the house/office without having to bring the phone always with you. And for that they do work great, but when you are on the move they end up still being a compromise, because of the not so portable “box” to carry them and the inconvenience of having a wire always around your neck.

With the new OnePlus buds, you are finally ready to be genuinely free and enjoy music like never before. And to celebrate that, what better way than to make a thread about our favorite songs that honor that spirit of being truly free.

If you feel up to the task, share here a playlist of up to six songs that help you feel truly free everyday, either by their awesome lyrics, the breathtaking melody or just because of some personal memory they bring up for you.

I will start first, here is my playlist:

1 - I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel to Be Free (Nina Simone - 1967) - This song has it all, a wonderful combo of great melody and lyrics with a powerful message, with the extra bonus of having an unique performer like we rarely see nowadays.

2 - Perfect day (Lou Reed - 1972) - A perfect song that celebrates what music is all about, Lou Reed created a timeless song that really transports you directly to another dimension when you listening to it and that really makes you feel free.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYEC4TZsy-Y

3 - You make my dreams come true (Daryl Hall & John Oates - 1980) - This is one of those songs that when you hear it makes it really hard to keep still, and tends to cheer every mood. A perfect example of its use is in the soundtrack of “500 days of summer” movie (great movie BTW), when it expresses Gordon-Levitt feeling of being happy in loved and so free that nothing can stop him.

You can also see the original videoclip here, but I must say that it didn’t aged that well (kind of like most music videos done in the 80’s feel nowadays :p :D)

4 - I want to break free (Queen - 1984) - great song from a giant band and that does fit the being free theme perfectly.

This song actually helped many during these quarantine days keeping busy at home. If you search for it, you will find all sorts of funny videos about it. :D

5 - One more time (Daft Punk - 2000) - This song was a huge dance hit in the 00’s, and despite turning 20 years this year personally I think they did a great job and the song still feels fresh and up to date with current dance music standards (and usually dance songs tend to age worse than others).

“Music's got me feeling so free
    We're gonna celebrate
    Celebrate and dance so free
    One more time”

Reading this part of the song clearly shows that they were thinking on the new OnePlus buds when they wrote that. :p :D

6 - Society (Eddie Vedder - 2007) - I'm putting just this song here, but the truth is that the entire soundtrack from the "Into the wild" movie is amazing, and a perfect fit to the being free theme. This great movie from Sean Penn, finds its perfect companion on Eddie Vedder songs, and Pearl Jam lead singer ends up showing that he can also do amazing things on his own.

This song talks about setting yourself free from the rest of the society and in a sense that's what you end up doing for a bit every time you put some nice earphones on. You get trapped in your own little safe bubble and focused in you alone.

And since we are in a community, it's always nice to dedicate a song to someone from here, so let's also have a special community sharing bonus track. :p

I dedicate this song to @SoniaB, our favorite community Scottish user, and since this thread is about freedom, what better way to do it than with her “favorite” movie and actor of all times... :p ;)

“They may take our lives but they'll never take our freedom”

Yeah, I had to go for that one. :p Here is the main theme to cheer up your day and help killing that homesickness. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozGga3PzxDA

Jokes a side, I must confess that I'm a sucker for James Horner amazing soundtracks work. He really can help on turning an average movie in a great movie experience.

Here his BraveHeart soundtrack, for those that may actually like it. :p

Feel free to share your favorite songs, and if you don’t have 6 to share don’t worry, just share the ones you have. And remember that sharing is caring, so if you want, tag someone you want and dedicate him a bonus track with the song you want to help him feeling free for bit. :)

Thanks everyone

2. SRD.
    KitKat Jul 20, 2020

3. HarshKK14
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 20, 2020

HarshKK14 , via OnePlus 7 , Jul 20, 2020 :
    By the initial pics, I do not like the looks. Can't comment much on this since no proper image has surfaced yet, but by the video released, I didn't like it much.

4. Chinda
    Jelly Bean Jul 20, 2020

Chinda , Jul 20, 2020 :
    Nice playlist @youbi I was actually listening to Lou Reed It's such a perfect day yesterday. I listen to a wide range of genres music so hard to choose just 6 but here's 6 songs that I listen to feel happy, get motivated, reflect, relax.

1: Michael Jackson - Man in the mirror

2: The Who - Won't get fooled again

3: Phil Collins - In the air tonight

4: Ray Charles - The Train

5: Faithless - Imsomnia

6: Mark Knopfler - Going Home
    https://youtu.be/3DB-uJ0TxKQ

Last edited: Jul 20, 2020

5. Girish.Pranav

Girish.Pranav , Jul 20, 2020 :
    30 hours is too much! I'll add all the songs I've ever liked in my whole life. It would be a perfect recap

sandeep.ebenson, YRJ and Chinda like this.
  6. NiyasAhamed
    Honeycomb Jul 20, 2020

Eduardcc, YRJ and youbi like this.
  7. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Dresa91 , Jul 20, 2020 :
    nice one @youbi:)

my playlist contains great beats and some childhood memories:)

1. Winona Oak, Robin Schulz - Oxygen

well - okay: Oxygen - just leave it here ;)

2. Robin Schulz, Wes - Alane

Heard it very often as a little child (Wes - Alane, 1996) :)

3. LUM!X x MOKABY & D.T.E x Gabry Ponte – The Passenger (LaLaLa)

Just because of the beat:)

4. LA Vision & Gigi D'Agostino - Hollywood

Gigi was THE fav DJ for me as a child :)

5. VIZE & Tom Gregory - Never Let Me Down

Good mood incoming:)

6. Dennis Lloyd - Alien
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOGKJdwVkIQ
    This is for me Sting in 2020 :)

8. suhantm

9. JashnChhabra
    Froyo Jul 20, 2020

JashnChhabra , via OnePlus 7T , Jul 20, 2020 :
    Thanks for the amazing post @youbi.
    Great choice of songs
    The list of songs that I like to share are which stress buster and mood uplifters

1. Have you ever seen the rain- Credence Clearwater Revival

2. Country roads take me home- John Denver

However a Nepali artist and American Idol 2020 finalist Arther Gunn did his version of Country roads song as well which one my favourites

3. Dance Monkey- Tones and I

Popularity of this one is so high that one time I was humming this song at a park and I could hear others around me humming it too [e]1f602[/e]

wattsman10, Chinda and youbi like this.
  10. youbi
    Marshmallow Assistant Head Moderator Jul 20, 2020

youbi , Jul 20, 2020 :
    Thanks. :relaxed:

And yeah, not easy to pick just 6 (my initial playlist had more than 30 songs :expressionless:), but it was mostly to prevent the posts of getting too long. :sweatsmile:

Great selection of songs. Always nice to remember some songs I haven't listen in a while, like for example the Insomnia one. :hearteyes:

11. G_plusone
    Nougat Jul 20, 2020

12. SeanPlus

SeanPlus , Jul 20, 2020 :
    One More Time (Daft Punk) is up there, but making a snap decision I would say:

Mr. Brightside (The Killers)

Are You Gonna Be My Girl (Jet)

Chelsea Dagger (The Fratellis)

A-Punk (Vampire Weekend)

I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor (Arctic Monkeys)

Take Me Out (Franz Ferdinand)
    [VIDEO]

Can only embed five pieces of media in a single post.

IamIRONSman, script, Cakepips and 3 others like this.
  13. Chinda
    Jelly Bean Jul 20, 2020

Chinda , Jul 20, 2020 :
    Gigi D'Agostino's L'Amour Toujours was one of my favourite songs as a teenager.

It's a classic 🎶

Shubham_Ag. and Dresa91 like this.
  14. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Dresa91 , Jul 20, 2020 :
    ohhh yeah!! great song:)! love it:)!

SRD. and Helder_DAlmeida like this.
  15. Starcommander
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Jul 20, 2020

Starcommander , Jul 20, 2020 :
    Thanks for the thread Mod friend

16. C1571025336668
    Donut Jul 20, 2020

17. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 Jul 20, 2020

YRJ , Jul 20, 2020 :
    This is a fun thread, @youbi , just in time for the Buds!

I can't wait to listen to this playlist when I get the buds!! I hope I can win one :p

Really sorry about the rule. You were clear that we should post only 6, but it was just impossible to pick 6 out of this playlist. Anyways, with the buds you can listen to this entire playlist 10 times ;)

Chinda, suhantm, SRD. and 4 others like this.
  18. Batman360
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Jul 20, 2020

Batman360 , Jul 20, 2020 :
    I would rather not share my playlist 😂😂😂 But will copy all yours'😜😂

19. Attano_26
    Froyo Jul 20, 2020

Attano_26 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 20, 2020 :
    Is 30 hours with charging box or the earpiece alone!!?

Girish.Pranav likes this.
  20. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 Jul 20, 2020

YRJ , Jul 20, 2020 :
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    I dare you share it!!