Oneplus buds Z case battery drain via OnePlus 6

1. lisa_miranda
    Cupcake Mar 27, 2021

lisa_miranda , via OnePlus 6 , Mar 27, 2021 :
    The buds z case drains instantly from 40% to 1%. Have tried resetting it multiple times, but it hasnt fixed the issue. Have also tried draining the case and resetting it and charging it again. Issue still persists. Anyone facing the same issue and found a solution?

adi.muhic likes this.
  2. drmartin
    Moderator Moderator Mar 27, 2021

3. samardash
    Honeycomb Mar 29, 2021

4. adi.muhic
    Froyo Apr 12, 2021

adi.muhic , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Apr 12, 2021 :
    Same issue here. Battery case is just terrible. Doesn't charge, shows you wrong percentage, discharges without using the case or buds. I think it's faulty product because I got my pair from a friend that also bought same earbuds, and it appears that only I have this issue. His are working just fine and case can last him for a week. On the other hand, I need to charge my case on daily basis, because only that way the buds can charge. Case doesn't provide nothing honestly. Also, the red indicator on case goes green just after few minutes of charging. After I unplug it from charger and plug it in again, it goes red, but changes to green really fast. Here are some screenshots of battery percantage of buds and case. Note that I didn't use buds or case in between taking those screenshots. Just connected the buds and case those two times. First screenshot was taken in 20:56. Both buds and case are 100%. I didn't use them or connect them to phone or even opened the case. Second screenshot was taken in 21:43. Buds are 100% as they should be, but the case is now on 44%. That kind of drop is unacceptable.
    1618257193544.jpg
    1618257193587.jpg

Last edited: Apr 12, 2021

5. adi.muhic
    Froyo Apr 12, 2021

adi.muhic , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Apr 12, 2021 :
    My verdict is faulty product. Try to exchange them for new pair if you can. There is no other solution to this problem. I will buy another pair and hope for the best. If the other one has the same issues, will try to get something else, like anker soundcore liberty air 2.