Oneplus Buds Z Microphone quality via OnePlus 7

1. B1581320222160
    Cupcake Mar 23, 2021

B1581320222160 , via OnePlus 7 , Mar 23, 2021 :
    These buds are not made for making calls. The microphone in them is a disaster. You cannot have a normal conversation because it records all the background noise, but your voice is almost inaudible. Always when I get a call and I have the buds in my ears, I have to take them out because the person on the other end can't hear me or understand me.
    The mic is not the problem because it can record all the other sounds around me just fine. I think it's a software issue, but it's been a while (4-5 months) and there's no fix.
    I paid 70 euros for a bunch of buds that are essentially just headphones. For 20 extra euros you can buy Sennheiser buds and they know a thing or two about sound experience.
    Oneplus get you sh*t together and make a firmware that solves this problem

Last edited: Jun 28, 2021

joepaulc likes this.
  2. ndrewy3
    Cupcake Jun 19, 2021

joepaulc likes this.
  3. Adnane Saidani
    Cupcake Jul 1, 2021

4. bazilio_lg
    Cupcake Aug 2, 2021 at 9:46 AM

bazilio_lg , Aug 2, 2021 at 9:46 AM :
    Just after I started using OnePlus Buds Z for calls, people on the other end started telling me that they can hear all my background noises better than my voice. As I dig through the Internet about this issue, it looks almost as if the audio streams inside the firmware are mixed up, the background noise is amplified and fed to a call, and the voice stream is suppressed as if it was background noise.
    And no fix, no new firmware from OnePlus. Come on!