Oneplus Buds Z pausing music all the time

1. Zidan80
    Donut Apr 1, 2021

Zidan80 , Apr 1, 2021 :
    I bought 2 month ago Oneplus buds Z and whole this time buds auto-pause music all the time even when buds are still in my ear. Then i need to push them littlebit to make music continue and maybe it last 30sec and then stop again. Why oneplus do not make firmware update where we can disable ear-detection sensor? Its clearly faulty and too sensitive. I really cant recommend these buds to anyone before they fix ear detection not to be so sensitive or option to disable it completely.

adi.muhic and Codein_Linctus like this.
  2. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Apr 2, 2021

Dresa91 , Apr 2, 2021 :
    Hey,
    Does this Troubleshooting guide help?
    https://support.oneplus.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5461/~/oneplus-buds-troubleshooting

3. Zidan80
    Donut Apr 4, 2021

Zidan80 , Apr 4, 2021 :
    No it did not help. It just that that proximity sensor is way too sensitive. When music stop i can even jump and shake my head and buds do not fall out. But when i littlebit push them in (i feel they do not even go deeper) music continue. So damn sad because these buds would otherwise be perfect for me but i cant understand what engineers have thinked when they made that sensor so sensitive and do not make one of the most important option to disable proximity sensor. I just hope there is even possibility to disable that sensor in future update rather than its build into hardware.

4. adi.muhic
    Froyo Apr 12, 2021

adi.muhic , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Apr 12, 2021 :
    I agree they should disable that in-ear detection. When running or walking faster, buds just stop/pause playing the music which is really annoying. Also, sometimes they pause music just by chewing a gum in mouth. Honestly this feature is really not needed for most people who just use their buds on regular basis.