OnePlus Buds Z2's pairing pop-up animation is not appearing on my OnePlus 7T. via OnePlus 7T

1. M.I.HARIS
    Donut Jan 21, 2022

M.I.HARIS , via OnePlus 7T , Jan 21, 2022 :
    I just bought the new OnePlus Buds Z2 pearl white color running on 600.600.486 firmware. But, the problem is whenever I try to pair it with my OnePlus 7T device which is running on 11.0.5.1.HD65AA the buds show no pop-up animation on my device. I always have to manually pair it via HeyMelody app. Please help me.

Upmanyu430 likes this.
  2. Jeremy.Ran
    Eclair Jan 23, 2022

3. M.I.HARIS
    Donut Jan 23, 2022

M.I.HARIS , via OnePlus 7T , Jan 23, 2022 :
    I'm frustrated with this brother. Just hoping that our voice would reach to higher level and we would get some help.

4. raghuram_87
    Cupcake Jan 23, 2022

raghuram_87 , via OnePlus 8 , Jan 23, 2022 :
    Hello There,

This was not normal. Usually OnePlus or OPPO devices don't support HeyMelody App. The buds customization was built right into our devices. Seems buds may be the issue ?

Btw, how was the sound Quality , ANC and other customisations .... ?

5. M.I.HARIS
    Donut Jan 24, 2022

M.I.HARIS , via OnePlus 7T , Jan 24, 2022 :
    Other functionality is normal though just while pairing I need to install the HeyMelody app to connect the buds. Nothing else other functionality is as normal as it should be. I've previously used the buds z it showed no problem at all. But I bought 2 pieces of the Buds Z2. Both of them showing the same problem while pairing. Although I've seen some of the YouTube reviews where they use the OnePlus 9pro series running on OxygenOS 12 probably and they're phone shows normal behavior while pairing. Still, I don't know the proper reason why this problem is occuring on OnePlus 8T, 8pro(probably), 8, 7T and 7 series phones running on the latest software version. If you know the proper reason then please help me brother. It's a request.

6. SobinZz
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus Nord 2T Jan 26, 2022

SobinZz , via OnePlus Community App , Jan 26, 2022 :
    Hello,
    The popup only comes once for Google fast pair. After you press pair the first time during popup, the buds will automatically get connected with the device later.

7. M.I.HARIS
    Donut Jan 26, 2022

M.I.HARIS , via OnePlus 7T , Jan 26, 2022 :
    Yes I know that. I've previously used oneplus buds Z so, I know how the entire thing should work... But unfortunate for me my buds z2 doesn't show any pop-up animation while pairing with my device for the first time... Suppose I reset my buds and I turn on location, connect my wifi and turn Bluetooth on too. The pop-up animation should appear on my device. But it doesn't show any pop-up animation. Rather I have to install HeyMelody app just to pair it with my device... Other functionality is normal though. Just like it should be. Hope you'll understand my problem.

8. SobinZz

Hmm, If that's the case try these steps:

Go to settings> Apps> Google play services> notifications> enable all.

Turn on your mobile data while pairing.

Reset the buds and try to connect it again.

Hope it helps.

9. M.I.HARIS
    Donut Jan 26, 2022

Thank you brother.❤️ sorry to say but it still didn't help.😅

10. SobinZz

Oh, sorry to hear that😅

Google Play Services is the app which is responsible for sending the popup, but I don't know why it is not coming in your case.

11. M.I.HARIS
    Donut Jan 26, 2022

I can understand. Thanks for your help brother❤️. Probably my luck's on the low level😅.

SobinZz likes this.
  12. Jeremy.Ran
    Eclair Jan 27, 2022

Jeremy.Ran , via OnePlus 8T , Jan 27, 2022 :
    No pop up for me even right out the box, even after factory reset. It's acting like it's not compatible Google Fast pair protocol. My previous Buds didn't have that issue, nor my Oneplus Watch.
    My Oneplus Buds App is up to date but it's not showing the battery level nor the image of the buds and case. I find it not normal because on other non Oneplus Devices with the Hey Melody App it's better looking 😤

13. M.I.HARIS
    Donut Jan 31, 2022

M.I.HARIS , via OnePlus 7T , Jan 31, 2022 :
    You spoke the truth ❤️.

14. Liehjan
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus Buds Pro Community Expert Jan 31, 2022

Liehjan , Jan 31, 2022 :
    That's strange. I have the z2 and there was indeed the google quick pair notification. And battery life is showing up in the bluetooth settings.