OnePlus Buds via OnePlus 6T Midnight Black

1. shetharsh30 , via OnePlus 6T Midnight Black , Aug 4, 2020 :
    Sorry if this has been repeated previously, wanted to confirm something.

I pre-ordered the OnePlus Buds (Gray) from Amazon UK which stated as release date as 4th August. Does anyone know if that is accurate? As I find it odd it still says coming soon on OnePlus' store.

I mean neither Nord nor the buds are available on Amazon anymore and so I assume it might be a pre release just like how John Lewis had an earlier release date for the Nord?

Idk, any kind of insight would help :)

Thanks!

2. Kieron4444
    Cupcake Aug 5, 2020

Kieron4444 , via OnePlus 8 , Aug 5, 2020 :
    I'm in a similar boat, pre-ordered through Amazon, which has stated it will be delivered today. It's now been updated to basically say they don't know when they will have them.

3. bezilz
    Honeycomb Aug 5, 2020

bezilz , Aug 5, 2020 :
    you got the grey one, sweet!!!

shetharsh30 likes this.
  4. shetharsh30 , via OnePlus 6T Midnight Black , Aug 5, 2020 :
    Hmmm see that's false advertising from Amazon even if OnePlus hasn't updated Amazon.

I called yesterday as I felt this would happen and they said that because you have pre-ordered you will get your item by the stated delivery date.

I did my order as standard delivery which is due this Friday, but if you did yours with prime it might be worth contacting them and finding out.

Let me know how it goes if you do contact them

5. Kieron4444
    Cupcake Aug 5, 2020

I've spoken to them this morning as they were due today through prime and they state they currently have no idea when they will be dispatched. They weren't even able to confirm if they have them in stock.

I've been told they will try to dispatch again in the next 48 hours (if they even have them) and to let them know if I haven't had them in the next 7 days.

so in short don't hold your breath for Friday.

6. shetharsh30 , via OnePlus 6T Midnight Black , Aug 5, 2020 :
    Brilliant 🙄

I had a gut feeling this would happen as OnePlus hadn't even shown them available to purchase on their own store and no release date is available on any reports.

That's one thing I kept asking yday if they are certain they have stock and all I got was "you will get it by the stated delivery date as you have preordered it" obviously a scripted response.

I think we're eligible for £5 comp or something from Amazon as they haven't/won't be able to deliver by the stated date and they never updated us prior to date of delivery (I've been through this stuff before sadly)

7. Kieron4444
    Cupcake Aug 5, 2020

Unaware of the comp, could be worth looking into.

I was torn between the Nord and the Grey, if I'd realised I'd have picked the Nord Blue. That said they are listed as unavailable as well now.

8. shetharsh30 , via OnePlus 6T Midnight Black , Aug 5, 2020 :
    Yhh they give out a minimum £5 comp to "satisfy" the customer and that comp is automatically applied at checkout on Amazon sold and dispatched products. So if it's not delivered by the end of today then call them tomorrow or on live chat and complain that they should've notified you rather than you having to call to find out what was happening.

In the end their delivery date is what enticed us to purchase regardless whether OnePlus provided the stock to them or not.

I think the Nord was available to purchase 3 weeks back on OP's site but yh idk what's going on with it :(

9. cloitzl
    Cupcake Aug 5, 2020

10. T1560423570185
    Cupcake Aug 6, 2020

T1560423570185 , Aug 6, 2020 :
    I pre-ordered the Nord buds back on July 22nd, stated they would be delivered yesterday. I have the same issue, it states they do not know when they will be dispatched and to just wait for the email. I will get in touch with them for the £5 comp - that's handy but frustrating that they took my pre-order but failed to deliver. Not sure if they just took too many pre-orders or if it's a OnePlus supply issue. Still very frustrating!