OnePlus Bullets wireless 2 fix

1. Nitin.S.Aher
    Froyo Jul 28, 2019

Nitin.S.Aher , Jul 28, 2019 :
    1564317499972.jpg

Hello, I use OnePlus 6t and I have fixed the OnePlus bullets wireless 2 and now they work like the best earphones, the things is, these earphones have Qualcomm aptx HD audio output which works on 24 bit rate and 48 KHz, and all u need to do is go to developer options and change the *audio rate per sample* to *24 bits* and *audio sample rate* to *48.0 KHz* and *audio codec* to *Qualcomm aptx HD*, it will solve the issue. And if not (for phones which don't have aptx HD) then Select *audio codec* as *aptx* and *audio rate per sample* to *16 bits* and *audio sample rate* to *48 KHz* and it will solve the issue on all devices. After doing the above settings, the problem of bass has been solved, and audio separation has gotten better.

Note for the developers - But there is another problem, when I exit the developer options window, the *audio sample rate* shifts from *48.0 KHz* to *44.1 KHz* can u please fix this problem in the next update?

Last edited: Jul 28, 2019

2. G_Aaraiz_Saeed_Tzrx
    Froyo Jul 28, 2019

Nitin.S.Aher likes this.
  3. G_Aaraiz_Saeed_Tzrx
    Froyo Jul 28, 2019

Nitin.S.Aher likes this.
  4. Nitin.S.Aher
    Froyo Jul 28, 2019

Of course they will, only thing is, this post should catch their eye, untill then they won't.

5. Raj Chelu
    Cupcake Jul 28, 2019

Raj Chelu , Jul 28, 2019 :
    Strange !! When I try to change any of the settings suggested above... It simply doesn't take that option.
    Any suggestions to fix this ?

Attached Files:

6. Nitin.S.Aher
    Froyo Jul 28, 2019

Raj Chelu

Strange !! When I try to change any of the settings suggested above... It simply doesn't take that option.
    Any suggestions to fix this ?​

Is ur developer mode on? and what device are u using may I know?

7. Raj Chelu
    Cupcake Jul 28, 2019

8. Nitin.S.Aher
    Froyo Jul 28, 2019

can u please send me a screenshot again because I didn't get any screenshot

9. Raj Chelu
    Cupcake Jul 28, 2019

1564318892347.jpg

10. Nitin.S.Aher
    Froyo Jul 28, 2019

Okay I found out ur problem, u must be connected to the earphone to make these changes, because if you are not, then it makes these changes default for every earphone that you connect to your device, and that is why it is not accepting it, so if you want to do this you have to connect your device to your oneplus bullets wireless 2 you and then do the settings as I had said in my article because I just now disconnected my earphones and it was showing the same way as you had sent me the screenshot.do the changes by connecting your earphone to your one plus 7 pro and I hope it should work

Last edited: Jul 28, 2019

SWAPPYONE likes this.
  11. Nitin.S.Aher
    Froyo Jul 28, 2019

Okay I found out ur problem, u must be connected to the earphone to make these changes, because if you are not, then it makes these changes default for every earphone that you connect to your device, and that is why it is not accepting it, so if you want to do this you have to connect your device to your oneplus bullets wireless 2 you and then do the settings as I had said in my article because I just now disconnected my earphones and it was showing the same way as you had sent me the screenshot.do the changes by connecting your earphone to your one plus 7 pro and I hope it should work

12. Nitin.S.Aher
    Froyo Jul 28, 2019

Hey man try changing sound enhancement mode to OnePlus bullets v2 by going to *settings*>*sound*>*audio tuner*>*OnePlus Bullets (V2), I did it just now and volume rate got up and it became more better with audio separation, which was previously set to general enhancement on my device.
    1564321534530.jpg

13. Raj Chelu
    Cupcake Jul 28, 2019

You're right... it does work now as I've connected by bullets 2 earphones. Thank You.
    1564321828875.jpg

Nitin.S.Aher likes this.
  14. Nitin.S.Aher
    Froyo Jul 28, 2019

15. Debo_brat
    Donut Aug 18, 2019

Debo_brat , Aug 18, 2019 :
    Hey Nitin,

just a quick question, did you try using equalizer with bw2 ?
    1. As many people reported that if device is connected over Bluetooth to any bt earphones, the OnePlus default equalizer doesn't work or show up like in the case of wired earphones.(This might be a software glitch too) Also heard about it's low bass, so I wanted to know if it is balanced or really low and if it is low then it can be fixed with equalizer on any music app we use, I suppose. Please try this out and share your feedback.
    2. Regarding latency, after you made all changes to aptx settings, volume settings, did you try playing pubg? I want to know if latency is fine or low, does the audio catch up with the video ?
    Please share your honest thoughts on the above. I shall be grateful for you. Thanks [e]1f44d[/e]

16. Nitin.S.Aher
    Froyo Aug 18, 2019

Nitin.S.Aher , Aug 18, 2019 :

Debo_brat

Hey Nitin,

just a quick question, did you try using equalizer with bw2 ?
    1. As many people reported that if device is connected over Bluetooth to any bt earphones, the OnePlus default equalizer doesn't work or show up like in the case of wired earphones.(This might be a software glitch too) Also heard about it's low bass, so I wanted to know if it is balanced or really low and if it is low then it can be fixed with equalizer on any music app we use, I suppose. Please try this out and share your feedback.
    2. Regarding latency, after you made all changes to aptx settings, volume settings, did you try playing pubg? I want to know if latency is fine or low, does the audio catch up with the video ?
    Please share your honest thoughts on the above. I shall be grateful for you. Thanks [e]1f44d[/e]​

Well initially before the August update my phone which is actually oneplus 6t mclaren edition did not show any error with closing apps until it was a 5 days prior to the update and the thing is that I saw a couple of reports regarding people complaining about closing apps a long time before that and the point at which I found my phone with the same error is when it accidentally shut down pubg without me having touch any button and one day prior to the update the phone actually did not turn on when it was on actually when I hit the power button I had seen about this thing happening with the oneplus 7 pro but since the last update its working completely fine and regarding the audio tuner, I tried using the audio tuner with oneplus bullets wireless 2 the day I got the earphones and it was working fine, it never shut off and even when I exited it, the audio tuner was just doing it's job the way it's supposed to be and I even tried to use the various presets given in the audio tuner to just adjust the bass to at least a limit where it can be said that yeah these earphones sound good, but actually after doing a lot of research on this and browsing a lot on YouTube and Google I found out that during the launch itself of the bullets wireless 2 they actually announced that it lowers the base to an extent to give you the detail in the midtones and that is exactly what the earphone is doing, you never miss even a single detail regarding the midtones and if you compare it with the high bass and treble being played on various other earphones, sometimes you tend to lose the lyrics that you actually need to hear in the song and yes the bass is terrible it's actually, too low than expected but if you have bought the earphone you have to cope with it because there is no way to do anything to fix it currently, but I have a sent a feedback on direct company which is powering oneplus 6t phones for audio supporting software, has its two major apps that are direct power sound and direct HD sound in these phones and yet using oneplus-bullets-wireless 2 it's not enough to get the required output out of these earphones to give the appropriate sound and for the same I looked into some details online and found that direct announced its direc bass software this year in CS 2019 and Mobile world Congress and I think if that software is back ported to these phones as soon as possible it may create a difference and as much as the latency is concerned I didn't have any problem with that, the earphones are just working correctly and in sync with all the games that I have been playing including pubg, there is no latency in the gaming and as compared to wired earphones, to be honest any wired earphone is not going to sound better or good on any phone which doesn't have headphone jack built-in and that's because if you look into it, like the phones with headphone Jack are actually tuned to give a good audio experience for the same and as we don't have one, the type C dongle is not going to make a big difference, you will get the required output like for a 50% of what it is supposed to give with the one with the Jack so I say it's not a big problem, well I didn't stop to just my device, I went ahead and used them on my friends Samsung S9 which has Dolby Atmos and I used them on few budget phones with Dolby Atmos and the results were outstanding, for any phone with Dolby Atmos, I would rate this the number one earphone considering all the specs it has, but if u use a OnePlus 6t I wouldn't recommend this earphone, instead go for any earphone with aptx, cause aptx HD is not yet ready for OnePlus 6t, while 7 and 7 pro are the devices with Dolby Atmos, so it's contrary for the two. I hope I answered to all ur questions, and sorry for having made u read this essay, I am hated for writing essays for any answer by my friends [e]1f602[/e].

Debo_brat likes this.
  17. Debo_brat
    Donut Aug 18, 2019

No probs, I liked your essay, it was descriptive. BTW I am using OnePlus 6. I got your views on Dirac HD but oneplus 6 supports aptx HD, so I don't think there should be a problem with it. Regarding music, I like balanced sound, not a fan of bass heavy earphones like sony, Skullcandy, etc. But I do like to listen to music such as hip-hop/edm with earphones which does justice to it, if not overkill it. Hence my concern is earphones need to be balanced so that I can make changes using an equalizer according to my taste. I wanted to make sure if bullets wireless 2 can handle this ? Also few users reported latency issues with YouTube videos and games like pubg (I guess they haven't enabled aptx) which is actually normal for Bluetooth but considering things like Bluetooth v5.0 and aptx HD, it is said to make the latancy normal. Well according to you, latency is fine, so I will go with your feedback. Anyways thanks for your time. [e]1f44d[/e]

18. Nitin.S.Aher
    Froyo Aug 18, 2019

Nitin.S.Aher , Aug 18, 2019 :
    Well to honest, u got me wrong with dirac HD and dirac Power Sound, dirac software is just like Dolby Atmos, which means it's not the audio codec, where as aptx and aptx HD is concerned they are the audio codecs and my phone has aptx HD and aptx, the thing is all the OnePlus phones since Oneplus 2 use dirac till OnePlus 6t, OnePlus is using Dolby for OnePlus 7 and 7 pro and that will make a difference, so according to me, u should once try out OnePlus Bullets wireless 2 on ur phone before u actually buy them. Cause I don't want u to regret it after u do buy them. So I say u try them out from ur friends if they have one, or just go to the OnePlus store and see if they allow u to try em out.

19. Debo_brat
    Donut Aug 18, 2019

well my friend, that's the problem. I know no one to try it and OnePlus experience store doesn't have one to try.

20. sshafiee
    Cupcake Dec 4, 2019

sshafiee , Dec 4, 2019 :
    Hello guys, i just switched from the BW1 to BW2 and i have to say that the sound is not good at all. I have a 5T and i can not use the System EQ while connected to Bluethooth.
    I also tried to set it to the setting that is showed here in the thread but i cant apply the 48kHz. It always goes back to 44.1kHz

Is there someone with the same problem?

N.hossain123 likes this.