OnePlus Bullets Wireless 2 variants/ fakes?

1. Popc0rn993
    Gingerbread Jan 29, 2020

Popc0rn993 , Jan 29, 2020 :
    Hi guys,

I just wanted to know whether there are different variants such as China/ International when it comes to the BW2 because in my country (Sri Lanka), the box has a slight difference and they sell it for a bit less than the current retail price (Which is $99).

The only difference I noticed between YouTube unboxing videos by well known channels and the one that's being sold here is that the "Recycle icon" (at least that's what I think it is, circled in red) is present in the box right under the Qualcomm® aptX™ logo on the back of the box.
    [​IMG]

I know this is really minor but there seem to be a lot of BW2s sold online in "some sites" and the photos posted by the customers are almost exactly the same as the ones being sold here.

[​IMG]

I have been a fan since OnePlus One and wanted to try out the BW2, but this really worries me because they're sold for pretty much half the price online and in my country they sell that same one for the actual price ($99). Am I missing something?

Is there some sort of a way to check the authenticity of OnePlus accessories maybe using the serial number? Haven't found any so far. Haven't really been active on the forum although I signed up a long time ago. Appreciate your response :)

2. Popc0rn993
    Gingerbread Jan 30, 2020

3. BJRG
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 1, 2020

BJRG , Feb 1, 2020 :
    All I know that it carries a 1 year warranty if you buy from the official oneplus website. So, if anything happens you can always visit the service centre. And I have confirmed this with the service centre guys that if anything happens to the earphones apart from physical damage you will get a completely new one because these can't be repaired.

So, I don't think there is anything to worry about as long as it carries an official warranty.

Also, the recycle icon is not there on my package.