OnePlus Bullets Wireless Z + Nord CE 5G - switchover problem

1. plasmaangel
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2021

plasmaangel , Oct 18, 2021 :
    Hello,

I am experiencing a problem with switchover of OnePlus Wireless Bullets Z between my phone (Nord CE 5G) and my laptop.

When the last connected device is in reach, then the headphones auto-connect to it perfectly and I can easily switchover to the second device using the shortcut button.

However, if I last used the headphones with my laptop and then leave home and take my headphones out, then they won't auto-connect to my phone neither automatically, nor with a switchover button. Every time I have to go to phone's Bluetooth settings and connect manually.

Same behavior with the opposite situation: if the headphones were last connected to the phone and I take them out when the phone is not around, then they will not connect to the laptop with the switchover button. Only through manual connect in the laptop.

Is this normal behavior that switchover won't happen if the last connected device is not in reach?
    Previously, I had OnePlus 8 + Bullets Wireless Z combination (both of which were stolen) and I don't remember experiencing the similar problem with then.

I have tried performing factory reset on the headphones and re-pairing the devices. It did not help.

Any ideas?

Anton