OnePlus Bullets Z doesn't detect OnePlus 6T

1. Praveen Naiik
    Cupcake May 20, 2020

Praveen Naiik , May 20, 2020 :
    OnePlus Bullets Z looks very promising on paper and for the price point, big yay!

I've been using it for a day now and realized that 2/6 features mentioned at the back of the box or advertised on the website actually don't work. Now, if these missing features weren't important to me, I would have just ignored them. But I got them solely for these advertised features.

What's not working?
    1. Quick Pair: On the website it says, OnePlus6T is compatible with quick pair with a little demo. I got the bullets out of the box and was very disappointed to see that I've missed out on that feature. I tried doing just as others suggested, but nope!
    2. Magnetic Control: I missed out on the magnetic control on 3 of my older earphones. I badly wanted to experience them on bullets. Another major reason I bought them. But the Bullets don't even detect OnePlus 6T.
      When magnets together, they work just fine. But on separating them, the song/video doesn't pick up from where it paused. Tested on Spotify, Play Music, YouTube, Netflix, and Prime Music.
    Update: After changing the settings in the Sound and Vibration section by enabling the Auto Play, the magnetic control started working. However, there is a huge delay of 10s.

What's the problem?
    I can only infer that the bullets don't recognize the OnePlus device, which will simulate it like a non OnePlus device. I can't actually tell if it's the OnePlus 6T's issue or the OnePlus Bullets Z's issue. Either way, I'm missing out on the key User Experience I bought them in the first place.

I'm just hoping this is a software issue that can be fixed else I would have to claim replacement. So do let me know if you guys are facing the same issue.

Last edited: May 21, 2020

Mridul.S likes this.