OnePlus Cloud Syncing issues and plausible resolution - 7T series via OnePlus 7T

1. Manoj955
    Cupcake Jan 20, 2020

Manoj955 , via OnePlus 7T , Jan 20, 2020 :
    Hey there Community folks

This is Manoj and I am a proud 1+ 7T series n a loyal fan.

With the much hyped launch of OnePlus cloud and Red cable club, OnePlus has shown that it is the best consumer n fans oriented company in this industry. However the OnePlus cloud service is not without any problems.

Issue with OnePlus Cloud:-

First of all it Queries with the cloud service too much n too often. When started in the Gallery app it takes a lot of time for Querying.

View attachment 1236235

When the Querying phase is done, it shows the number of pictures n videos to be uploaded and continues with uploading some 40-50 of the total.

View attachment 1236243

But then suddenly it stops uploading and shows the rest of them to be uploaded.

View attachment 1236241
    This will continue for sometime and forces you to relaunch the app later. By that time it will be back to the Querying phase and the whole process repeats itself in a loop.

My Guess on the reason for the problem n resolution:-

1. Being in it's early stages of rollout, OnePlus cloud might not have all the required back-end infrastructure in the place.

2. This was evident from the fact that not much control over the cloud service has been handed over to the users and the lack of a definitive commands in the handset at a place.(Many are sprinkled through settings, Club area and Gallery)

This brings us to resolution which can be done by creating a dedicated app or at least revamping the cloud segment in settings for handing over the upload process commands to the user.

These are the issues from my side, if anyone has found a solution or jugaad to solve this please feel free to share it below

Signing off.