OnePlus Community Team - Ask Us (Almost) Anything!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bradon H
    Honeycomb Oct 31, 2016

Bradon H , Oct 31, 2016 :
    newguy_780x400.png

EDIT: Alright guys! Thanks for all the amazing questions! We're gonna head out for now, but we'll all keep checking in on this thread over the coming days and answering questions. So, feel free to keep asking!
    Hey Everyone,

We take community feedback seriously. You've probably read about our OxygenOS beta program, which gives you a huge say in the direction of our software. You've also probably participated in more than one survey here on the forums, which helps to guide our hardware decisions. These examples of formal feedback are just a small part of our community focus. Constant communication with you guys is another big part of it, which is why you constantly see tons of staff members hanging out on the forums.

We held a software AMA on reddit just last month, but now it's time to bring the AMA format to the core community. We're excited to announce that we're holding a live AMA right here on the forums! We have some familiar faces joining us today:

@Bradon H (Yours Truly)
    @Adam Krisko (HQ Community Team)
    @Akis E (France Community Manager)
    @Andrea C. (Italy Community Manager)

We'd also like to introduce you to our 2 newest Community Team members:

@Duci (Germany Community Manager)
    @Pym C. (UK Community Manager)

We're excited to answer your questions about the forums, community events, or the OnePlus community in general. This thread is live, and we're here and ready to answer your questions!

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016

2. Akis E
    VP France Staff Member Oct 31, 2016

Akis E , Oct 31, 2016 :
    Looking forward to catching up with all of you guys !

3. Bradon H
    Honeycomb Nov 1, 2016

4. Archies
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 1, 2016

Archies , Nov 1, 2016 :
    Op3

Recently oneplus asked question in feed back form....

"If you could choose between us focusing on new features (among others: AppLocker, Shelf, Expanded Screenshots, Dark Mode) or keeping Android more stock and providing faster updates to Android versions (like 7.0, 7.1), what would you choose?"

Firstly this question is difficult to reply. :confused:

1. What if you rollout nougat and then try your all features over nougat?? Users can enjoy nougat aswell as you can try/taste your features???? :rolleyes:

5. Plenkske
    Dutch POC Assistant Head Moderator Nov 1, 2016

Plenkske , Nov 1, 2016 :
    Thanks for this AMA on the Forum ! I like it more then on Reddit.

I have a few questions:
    - Why did you decide to create these languages tags ? And remove subforums for the regions ?
    As it is right now, I dont like it. Because going from 3 subforums to check, to ~10 subforums to check is bad. I hope the first page of the forum gets the tag filter asap. Currently its killing the amount of regional forum users, and it was already at a low point.

- You guys planning some more contests on the forum ?
    - Can we expect something(events/contests) during, or before, the christmas season ?

- Are there more community managers coming soon, for other countries in Europe ?
    - Will there be more community events (not only in France), even without a new product ?

An other dutch member asked:
    - Are you gonna translate some (more) support pages ? I had a hard time with the english RMA procedure page.

luxuskamel, gaster, rarog and 6 others like this.
  6. runboy93
    Jelly Bean Nov 1, 2016

runboy93 , Nov 1, 2016 :
    Hi, I have very important question that interest pretty much everyone within community and outside.

OnePlus 3T, is it true or false?

There has been many rumors about next "upgraded" OnePlus 3 version, first it was "OnePlus 3s", then "OnePlus 3T", leaks are different thing, but there has not been any official information yet about this.

Carl Pei has confirmed that future phones will use Optic AMOLED screen, so if OnePlus 3T would be released, would it use same Optic AMOLED as OnePlus 3 and not IPS LCD?

What would be release ETA for this? Would it be better wait for OnePlus 4 in June/July 2017 than OnePlus 3T?

Please, give us finally something official!

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016

7. FriendWithin
    Eclair Nov 1, 2016

FriendWithin , Nov 1, 2016 :
    There's been a lot of circulation about this, and I'm sure you guys were expecting this, but are the rumours about this "new" OnePlus 3T true?

argcdm likes this.
  8. Simolation
    Froyo Nov 1, 2016

Simolation , Nov 1, 2016 :
    When is Android Nougat comming to the OnePlus 3?
    And is there really a OnePlus 3T?

9. Jaswanth11
    Froyo Nov 1, 2016

10. itssandeepd
    Honeycomb Nov 1, 2016

itssandeepd , Nov 1, 2016 :
    I know this AMA is about community, but i would like to know if OP have any plans releasing OxygenOS 3.5.x Community builds to Oneplus 2. Or like Carl said indirectly in XDA interview that you are ditching Oneplus 2?

rahulnani, Satej21, Tbjames and 7 others like this.
  11. samuelchan727
    Gingerbread Nov 1, 2016

12. Bradon H
    Honeycomb Nov 1, 2016

Bradon H , Nov 1, 2016 :
    Nougat and useful features? Sounds good. Let's do both :)

13. r.rohit89
    Nov 1, 2016

14. FriendWithin
    Eclair Nov 1, 2016

FriendWithin , Nov 1, 2016 :
    Want to congratulate you guys on making one of the best phones in existence. I love everything about this phone, Dash Charge is a beautiful addition to an amazing phone that is the OnePlus 3. But I must ask: Will there be a Dash Charge Powerbank?

Hulkya, sagepoil, rarog and 2 others like this.
  15. jhajhria
    Honeycomb Nov 1, 2016

jhajhria , Nov 1, 2016 :
    i attended event in Delhi for oneplus3 launch. dash event where we could buy oneplus3 on the spot and coud also have a proper look at it. event was a disaster, i was one of the very first people there. it was chaos, oneplus employees or volunteers were all inside standing and looking at crowd. if they were doing something then i would have understood but bunch of people were just standing there and doing nothing. it soon turned into a fish market and they still did nothing and kept laughing from inside the shop. i asked them to come out and say something to calm people or give some info to people so that people outside will shut up(or calm down) but they didn't bother.

have been to MI, YU etc launch events and other events as well. oneplus event was by far the worst. on a scale of 0-10 i would rate it minus 10.

i got total 5 second with the device and after that i was told to move along.
    5 seconds, i brought cash with me as my friend asked me to purchase the mobile if i found it good enough, but i barely managed to look at it. after those 5 seconds i tried talking to oneplus employees but they also sort of pushed me forward. they didn't knew anything. i asked about camera and they were blank like someone picked them from streets and told them to stand there. i was out of the exit in less than 2 minutes. not even 120 seconds from entry to exit for an event for which i stood outside for hours.

is this how all events in india going to be? what are you doing to improve these kinds of meets? were you aware of the situation at this delhi event?

oh BTW mall cops and actual police came to the event as well. they came to teach you guys how to do your job. i have seen people handle lot more people with lot less staff. you people were not prepared at all and didn't even reacted properly.

drrahul, rahul2685, neelabh06 and 2 others like this.
  16. Mehul.S
    Froyo Nov 1, 2016

17. mickcost
    Honeycomb Nov 1, 2016

18. marcellobrattoli
    Cupcake Nov 1, 2016

19. ashwani12131
    Gingerbread Nov 1, 2016

Lekhram kothari and matt_tee1970 like this.
  20. raj.ini
    Donut Nov 1, 2016

raj.ini , Nov 1, 2016 :
    About the stock OOS and the community build for oneplus 3. Why you want to build and focus on two build? If u combine both and build it for official OOS, it would be good.