Why does the riffraff always win the raffles ..:p

Congratulations! ;)

Bouncer71 and Cheetosdust like this.
  2. G_yash_Verma_oNMF
    Donut Jan 5, 2020

3. Chayan Ray
    Donut Jan 5, 2020

Chayan Ray , Jan 5, 2020 :
    can this concept be used for the front panel also ? Selfie camera and sensors will appear once activated, otherwise it will be a screen

4. SrujanPandu@123
    Cupcake Jan 5, 2020

5. babanomania
    Eclair Jan 5, 2020

6. tuumke
    Honeycomb Jan 5, 2020

tuumke , Jan 5, 2020 :
    I wish you would do more about bugs then new phone shit... Fix old shit first! 0 response on bug report...

7. Haritha Shree
    Froyo Jan 5, 2020

8. MrAggarwal07
    Donut Jan 5, 2020

9. paulomodesto
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 5, 2020

paulomodesto , Jan 5, 2020 :
    It's something good for a concept or prototype, for real life don't bring us any useful value.
    I would prefer to pay for something useful like having fast wireless charging like Xiaomi and other brands are bringing to they costumers, that have to pay a lot for a gimmick feature that didn't bring us no useful value.
    Just my honest opinion!
    OnePlus it's wasting time developing things that don't bring they costumers value for money, and lefting things more important like improve the camera quality of actual, older, and next devices, or giving better support for they "older" devices.
    Yes i say better support because OnePlus give us an year and a half of good amount of updates but not really big improvement's, quantity cannot be confused with quality.

Haritha Shree likes this.
  10. cozzmat

11. A_rose_by_any_other_name
    Froyo Jan 5, 2020

A_rose_by_any_other_name , Jan 5, 2020 :
    It seems a good idea but surely a battery drain with the voltage needed to keep it hidden as, as far as I'm aware, transparent is the default, and voltage is needed to keep it dark etc 🤔

12. TibiTibi
    Photography Expert Jan 5, 2020

TibiTibi , Jan 5, 2020 :
    As the color change is persistent and energy need only be applied to affect a change,
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrochromism

script and Bouncer71 like this.
  13. srinivas0301

srinivas0301 , Jan 5, 2020 :
    using electrochromic glass for disappearing camera gonna be super cool in smart phone industry .
    1578251416009.jpg

Voxmagna likes this.
  14. Martin_VN
    Honeycomb Jan 5, 2020

15. johnhart

johnhart , Jan 5, 2020 :
    We're beginning to enter an age where more and more people are concerned about being spied upon by our devices. My ideal OnePlus phone would use this tech on a front facing camera -- providing said black dots render the camera useless.

A year or so ago I made a hardware suggestion I'm surprised someone isn't doing. Instead of a selfie camera that pops up and goes back down -- flip the waterdrop notch UP. Up means the top of phone would have a protrusion... so that the phone had 100% screen.

up.jpg

Using your 'hideway' tech could offer privacy, my reverse waterdrop would eliminate delayed face ID, and the phone would have a distinguishing feature known only to OnePlus.

zix47 and Bouncer71 like this.
  16. P1578283224426
    Cupcake Jan 6, 2020

17. Voxmagna
    Eclair Jan 6, 2020

18. Leniwiec551
    Cupcake Jan 6, 2020