OnePlus connect via OnePlus 7 Mirror Red

1. 8_himanshured.Red8 , via OnePlus 7 Mirror Red , Jan 27, 2021 :
    OnePlus connect app is working more better in ios devices rather in oneplus own devices. The app connectivity is more stronger and compatible and stable in iphone xe ios 14.3 then oneplus 7 running on android 10(stable).

2. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Jan 27, 2021

Venky61 , Jan 27, 2021 :
    Hi,
    Can you define what you mean by Stronger and Stable?
    Android App management is different than IOS. So, if you need the best performance of Connect App, remove connect app from "battery Optimization".

Tokolozi and Yash Pratap Singh. like this.
  3. Yash Pratap Singh.
    Jelly Bean Jan 27, 2021

Yash Pratap Singh. , Jan 27, 2021 :
    The iOS version of Connect App doesn't have OnePlus Account Login, User Metrics data, Power off timer, Clear background TV Apps, Multi-cast, etc....these features are available in ver 1.5.0 of Connect App in android.
    The only reason that you maybe experiencing issues is due to wrong settings, update the app in play store, clear its Cache data and as @Venky61 mentioned, remove the app from battery optimisation in system settings to maximize the performance of the app.

Tokolozi likes this.
  4. 8_himanshured.Red8 , via OnePlus 7 Mirror Red , Jan 27, 2021 :
    I know. I am professionally software engineer. It about how the OS is not able to connect everytime out of 10 tries only 6 connection it establishes. Where as in ios devices it is 9/10 why with there own devices it make so many issue. And specially when it belongs to oneplus their own environment

5. Yash Pratap Singh.
    Jelly Bean Jan 27, 2021

Tokolozi likes this.

7. Yash Pratap Singh.
    Jelly Bean Jan 27, 2021

Yash Pratap Singh. , Jan 27, 2021 :
    Please try this once (skip setup and just go to homescreen to cast to TV)-

9. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Jan 27, 2021

Venky61 , Jan 27, 2021 :
    Never actually faced the issue of "Wifi Password sharing failed" on the connect App. Unless the TV and phone are on different networks or one of them is offline, the connection always happens for me on the Android Connect App.
    First of all... Which TV variant is that? Y or Q series?

Tokolozi likes this.

11. Yash Pratap Singh.
    Jelly Bean Jan 29, 2021

Yash Pratap Singh. , Jan 29, 2021 :
    Umm...I use a Q series and the TV connects via both 2Ghz and 5Ghz band. I think its an issue with your router settings maybe