oneplus customer support experience - please advise.

1. fbenitezbello
    Donut Mar 24, 2016

fbenitezbello , Mar 24, 2016 :
    Hi everyone,

@admins not sure if this should go in this forum so just move it to the appropriate one if this is incorrect, thanks.

I was wondering if any of you have had issues with customer support, and above all how you solved it/got them to react.

I'll explain why I'm asking:

TL: DR = oneplus X died - repaired under warranty but repair wasn't done properly/ alert slider is now broken/stuck in 'no interuptions' - customer support only replies with generic emails.

The long story:

my OPX died february 8th (faulty motherboard)- I opened a ticket and february 15th I had a repaired opx on my doorstep.
    But the repair hasn't been done properly.. the device boots up yes.. but the alert slider is broken and stuck on no interuptions.
    I have been trying to get them to understand that I need to send in the device in for another repair.. it's been 5 weeks since I reported that the device hadn't been repaired properly and so far the replies I've been getting have been generic.. it seems the persons that provided me with an update didn't even take the time to read through the ticket.. I'll add a timeline of the lifespan of my ticket

Timeline:
    feb 8: my phone dies - unable to start - I open a ticket
    feb 9: I have a remote session with 2nd level - they can't solve it
    feb 9: ticket goes to Repair Returns and Replacements (RRR)
    feb 10: I receive a shipping label from the repair partner
    feb 11: I drop off the device at a ups shipping point
    feb 15: I receive the device with a new motherboard so it boots up
    but there is another hardware issue that was not present before (I sent the proof via email: see attachments in ticket):
    *alert slider is broken/stuck on 'no interuptions'
    * the backplate on the device has a visible 1mm gap at the bottom​
    feb 15: I email RRR to inform that the repair has not been done properly..
    feb 16 to feb 25: emailing back and forth (plus several contacts with live chat) where I try to my best to explain that the repair has not been done properly and I need to send the device again.
    feb 25: I receive an email where RRR tells me that the device will have to be sent in for another repair
    feb 25 to march 24: I email RRR several times asking for updates plus several contacts via live chat.. informing that I still haven't received notice from the repair partner.. I received some replies from RRR but it seems they didn't even read through the ticket / one to ask me for the tracking number so they can expedite the process / one now to inform me that the repairs are being performed and I should be expecting the device shortly.. even though the device has been sitting on my desk for the last 5 weeks..
    march 28: RRR emails me asking to confirm address information, I reply confirming
    march 30: I receive the RMA notification and the email from ARVATO
    april 04: I hand in the parcel at a UPS
    april 04 - april 05: parcel is on it's way to Nuernberg germany.
    [​IMG]

april 12: I email for a status check => you confirm that the parcel has arrived and you are coordinating with arvato..
    april 13 - april 17: several mails back and forth.. aksing for status as the device should have arrived at arvato on the 5th of april..
    april 17 I request an update and clarification on what is going to happen
    april 18 I get a mail asking if the device repair has now passed my standards?? even though the device is still in germany and not in my possession??

any of you guys have experienced something similar and have advice on how I can proceed, what my options are?

I mean.. I love my oneplus X, and it's killing me that it has been sitting on my desk for 5 weeks unusable.
    But I'm really frustrated with the support, I'm fed up and I'm starting to think I would rather have a refund than to have to go through more hassle.

Thank you

Fernando

*edit: updated timeline up until april 18th

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016

keithnyc likes this.
  2. Ron1122
    Froyo Mar 24, 2016

Ron1122 , Mar 24, 2016 :
    My Oneplus X display was broken and replaced / repaired by ARVATO Bertelsmann in the Czech Republic! Oneplus support couldn't give any details about the repair progress of my OPX. I found myself a link from ARVATO where I could see all the details I need to know about my device.
    If your device is repaired by ARVATO fill in your IMEI number and your order number that your received by ARVATO. :

https://portal.teleservice.com/tassweb2search/orderstatus/search-cz.seam

3. fbenitezbello
    Donut Mar 25, 2016

fbenitezbello , Mar 25, 2016 :
    hi LV426&zgm,

Thank you for your reply,
    my device has been repaired and has already returned to me. but the repair was not done well so it has another hardware issue now (alert slider broken) .
    So I need customer support to have arvato send me a new shipping note so I can send in the device for a second repair.
    but it has been a nightmare to get customer support to understand that I received the repaired device but the repair has not been done well..

4. Ron1122
    Froyo Mar 25, 2016

Ron1122 , Mar 25, 2016 :
    I've contacted the Oneplus support via Twitter and later with DM via Twitter (with your old ticket number) also. I got the answers around 2-4 hours later, much faster! Try this + good luck.
    Or reopen your old support ticket again.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2016

5. Mr. BG
    Marshmallow Mar 25, 2016

SoniaB likes this.
  6. toymotor
    Froyo Mar 25, 2016

toymotor , Mar 25, 2016 :
    I've had faults reported to them from new which has been ignore and fobbed off.
    My OPX has all these faluts and is usless.
    1) keeps trying to use data & connect to the internet when all data is turned off and internet aps deleted
    2) Won't pair with any other blu tooth devise on any platform regardless
    3) camera is all but useless in any light conditions.
    4) on off switch flickers the screen and fails to work.
    5) Aps and contacts change their own settings to suit themselves.
    6) MY OPX contacts change its permissions and shows duplicate contacts all the time
    7) MY OPX phone does not recognise my SD card and won't store pics on taken on the camera the sd card
    8) It shows your contacts every time instead of the home screen
    9) the battery won't charge fully when plugged into a laptop
    10) MY OPX Blu tooth won't export my contacts to my cars infotainment system.

7. Allyn T.
    Gingerbread Mar 25, 2016

Allyn T. , Mar 25, 2016 :

Sorry for all the troubles you've run into. Could you please PM me your ticket# so we could provide further assistance?

dsmonteiro, Ron1122 and Mr. BG like this.
  8. eggman99
    Donut Apr 14, 2016

eggman99 , Apr 14, 2016 :
    I have bad customer support / RRR experience with OnePlus too. To cut the long story short, below is the brief timeline:

Mar 10 - OPX screen stopped working and I logged a case with OnePlus Support. I'd to wait for 10 days for the next available session for someone to look at my phone remotely.
    Mar 20 - OnePlus level 2 support inspected the phone remotely and couldn't resolve the problem. Case routed to RRR.
    Mar 31 - Another 10 days, received instructions from RRR to send the broken phone to Hong Kong warehouse.
    Apr 1 - Sent the phone together with purchase invoice by local courier
    Apr 2 - The package was delivered, and notifed RRR
    Apr 5 - RRR said nothing is pending from me and they will update me the progress
    Apr 11 - Recieved a notification saying that if I don't have further update, they will close the ticket in a few days. WTH?! Emailed CS/RRR that the phone was sent 10 days ago, and I'm indeed waiting for the RRR status.
    Apr 12 - RRR came back and said they're waiting for the warehouse to confirm if they'd received my phone. It seemed like OnePlus has lost track of my phone ... :(

I like the company and the phone but am frustrated and disappointed at the after sale services ...

9. Mr. BG
    Marshmallow Apr 15, 2016

Mr. BG , Apr 15, 2016 :
    That doesn't look good, have you tried contacting one of the Mods already?

keithnyc likes this.
  10. Peggy H.
    Eclair Apr 15, 2016

Peggy H. , Apr 15, 2016 :
    @Allyn T. will be able to help.

Allyn T., keithnyc and Mr. BG like this.
  11. keithnyc
    Marshmallow Moderator Apr 15, 2016

keithnyc , Apr 15, 2016 :
    Hi mate:
    Sorry for the bad expereince. Hopefully Customer Support has reached out to you on this. If not, please send me a PM and I will also try to escalate. Thanks

(and thanks @Mr. BG )

SoniaB and Mr. BG like this.
  12. Allyn T.
    Gingerbread Apr 15, 2016

Mr. BG likes this.
  13. Mr. BG
    Marshmallow Apr 17, 2016

Mr. BG , Apr 17, 2016 :
    CS is far from perfect, I'll give you that. But I don't recognise the said stalling by Adam, you're doing him injustice here.

Furthermore you got your OPT back in three weeks, and do your really expect to be compensated for any inconvenience buying one of the cheapest phones in the market?

Not even the premium brands do that, if you want red carpet treatment you pay top dollar. Criticism is fine, but you are expecting too much...

14. eggman99
    Donut Apr 18, 2016

eggman99 , Apr 18, 2016 :
    Yes, I've contacted @Allyn T. , and he's taking care of it now. Hope this will get resolved real soon.

15. Sumit Katara
    Cupcake Apr 18, 2016

Sumit Katara , Apr 18, 2016 :
    my battery in draining veery fast aftte updating recently?
    its oneplusx
    specialy from 30 to 0 its been drained in 5 minutes can anyone help?

16. fbenitezbello
    Donut Apr 18, 2016

fbenitezbello , Apr 18, 2016 :

I updated my timeline/story in my original post, this 2nd repair is also far from going smooth.. sent in to arvato for 2nd repair and now waiting for almost 2 weeks.. still nothing visible on arvato portal.

17. LaurieCrist
    Cupcake Apr 18, 2016

LaurieCrist , Apr 18, 2016 :
    I guess my customer experience is too typical then? Similar to all others here. So forums reps and twitter are best methods to resolve is what I am getting from this thread?

update: Allyn T. was communicative and helpful in looping in others and I now have my phone back.

RMA ID: 590924
    Mar 28th (21 days ago)
    - first contacted customer service
    Mar 30th - repair authorized label sent (yay!).. wait for me to get a new intermediate phone
    Apr 8th (10 days ago) - shipper confirms phone was received.
    Apr 10th - this ticket will be closed email sent. What? you have my phone?!
    Apr 10th - sorry email, "we will update you when it has undergone inspection"
    Apr 16th - "We will keep you updated once the returned package is confirmed received." I try chat support, no dice, no matter what I type I get "we haven't heard a response, will close this session"
    Apr 18th (today, nearly a month later) I read this thread and worry that if I do get a phone back it will be in worse shape than before?
    April 19th Asked Allyn T. in support forums for guidance. Got a response (!!):) was contacted by "escalated support individuals" soon after. Advised my address they were trying to ship to was wrong (even though there was clearly no attention paid to the address I had supplied on the return authorization slip) and somewhere the company has my address anyway as my phone was originally delivered without a problem...
    April 27th (1 month later) I get my phone back! Repair slip says they "reinstalled OS" I sent it away for a month for that? gosh. I wish there was a little more in the way of guidance. I really wouldn't have mailed it thousands of miles had I known that was what they were authorizing and planning to do.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016

18. eggman99
    Donut Apr 20, 2016

eggman99 , Apr 20, 2016 :
    Sorry to hear that :(
    Now they're sending me a replacement, but they somehow put 2 city names in the address. Hope the courier are smart enough to deliver me the package ...

19. eggman99
    Donut Apr 21, 2016

Allyn T. likes this.
  20. Allyn T.
    Gingerbread Apr 21, 2016