ONEPLUS DEPRESSED ME via OnePlus 7

1. Wolverine001
    Cupcake Jan 28, 2020

Wolverine001 , via OnePlus 7 , Jan 28, 2020 :
    I Just put my phone on my table slightly and the screen glass broke. Is OnePlus is really attaching gorilla glass 6 or it's a joke? I'm really depressed and will never recommend one plus. I've referred almost 8 friends but not again.

2. akks
    Jelly Bean Jan 28, 2020

akks , Jan 28, 2020 :
    Sorry for the mishap, i can feel your sorrow. But glass is afterall glass, whether gorilla or chimpanzee. Can break if hit on irregular surface even mildly. Our fortune

Scherpenseel likes this.
  3. femiuex
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 28, 2020

femiuex , via OnePlus 7 , Jan 28, 2020 :
    I think really what the thread starter wanted to say is that, the device is advertised as having Gorilla glass which is rated as resistant to falls.
    But if a slight tap could make it break, that is a concern for buyers as the fragility of the glass used.
    If the glass could break so easily, what's the point of marketing it as Gorilla glass?

4. akks
    Jelly Bean Jan 28, 2020

akks , Jan 28, 2020 :
    Gorilla glass marketing is actually by Corning company, and not OnePlus. There should be multiple factors to consider, not only the force of impact, but the angle, the surface, hardness of the surface, temperature etc.. Can't be sure how the OP exactly experienced. So finally glass is glass only!
    Yeah, i agree, it should withstand regular mild traumas, and so again, this being an isolated event and not experienced by all OnePlus users, can't generalise against their marketing.

Scherpenseel likes this.
  5. Gav_W86
    Starting Point Expert Jan 28, 2020

Gav_W86 , Jan 28, 2020 :
    As you say it is resistant to falls, that is not impervious to falls. As Corning's spec sheet says, they talk about percent better that other glasses, and average number of drops. It all depends how it falls, onto what, and add in things like how many times previously has it dropped.

npatel70 likes this.
  6. Liehjan
    Lollipop Jan 28, 2020

Liehjan , Jan 28, 2020 :
    Oneplus uses gorilla glass, yes... Have you dropped your device prior to this accident?
    What has your accident to do with how many fiends you referred to buy the device? This accident wouldn't have happened if you had a case on.

7. Wolverine001
    Cupcake Jan 28, 2020

8. Scherpenseel
    KitKat Jan 28, 2020

Scherpenseel , Jan 28, 2020 :
    Why disturbing? Or why even is it depressing you? It's glass, you were uncarefull, and the glass broke. Fix it or live with it. Don't complain about it here.

DA7801 likes this.
  9. kinghaloman
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 28, 2020

kinghaloman , via OnePlus 7 Pro Nebula Blue , Jan 28, 2020 :
    yeah sometimes glass breaks, sometimes it doesn't. There is a million things that could have cause it, I dropped my phone many times and I have friends who have and the glass hasn't broken, without screen protectors. So don't condemn the company over 1 bad piece of glass or some bad luck.

10. npatel70
    Honeycomb Jan 28, 2020

npatel70 , Jan 28, 2020 :
    It's unfortunate. But I'm sure it wasn't just slightly? 🤔. Or if it genuinely was lightly then there might have been already a minute unseen stress fracture in the glass (created by your use or manufacturing defect) . Twang it with the correct resonance or touch & BOOM.

Mine is in an original oneplus flip case and sometimes I have it in the one that came in the box. Dropped many a times from say between shoulder & waist hight. Touchwood, it's still intact and not a scratch nor crack.

It's down to how an owner treats the phone
    Glass is glass after all. Corning gorilla glass or normal.....it will bust if shown disrespect