OnePlus Device Repair Experience

1. Rdbanks
    Cupcake Mar 7, 2020

Rdbanks , Mar 7, 2020 :
    Hi all!

I've sadly cracked the screen on my 7t Pro and was wondering if anyone has used the OnePlus Repair Service in the EU?

I'll be sending from the UK.

Main points I'm looking for are "turn-around time", "quality of repair" and "date of repair".

Thanks all!

2. Cervantes
    Moderator Moderator Mar 7, 2020

3. L1589453380877
    Cupcake Jun 11, 2020

L1589453380877 , Jun 11, 2020 :
    Did you go through with your repair? I need to replace the screen on my 5T and was a little bit concerned (and surprised) that I have to send it to Poland. Is that really where the work takes place? If you did go through with it, what were the labour charges. I don't like doing this without even an estimate.

4. Boomgoat
    Cupcake Dec 21, 2020

Boomgoat , Dec 21, 2020 :
    i used them in my 8t bad bad more problem now then i had before uk to poland

5. 2pints
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 24, 2020

2pints , Dec 24, 2020 :
    Did you move from the UK to Poland?? appologies but your post doesnt make much sense

6. Timalay
    Gingerbread Jan 19, 2021

Timalay , Jan 19, 2021 :
    I think what the poster is trying to say is they had to send it to Poland from the UK. I'm pretty sure OnePlus's main shipping hub for the UK is in Poland. I know when I had to send my faulty OnePlus X back, it went to Poland, and both phones I've bought from OnePlus have been shipped from Poland.

7. G_Chelsea_Dale_NYsn
    Cupcake Jan 29, 2021

G_Chelsea_Dale_NYsn , Jan 29, 2021 :
    ive had this same problem. i live in the uk have reuested my repair but the UPS label is saying milton keynes did yours all have to go there first ?

8. kovanite
    Eclair May 7, 2021

kovanite , May 7, 2021 :
    I am currently facing major issues with the OnePlus repair service. I sent my 7 pro for repair on the 19th of April. Delivered on 20th. Since then there have been no updates. Every time I send emails to them they say check back in 48 hours. I called them and got the same response. Started online chats, same response. It is so poor, it is unbelievable. I just don't understand how even diagnosing what's wrong with a phone (it is absolutely dead) takes so long. They haven't even acknowledged delivery to their center. I can see because of the Royal Mail tracking details.

9. Boomgoat
    Cupcake May 9, 2021

Boomgoat , via OnePlus 8T , May 9, 2021 :
    When I had a problem with my first 8t I was asked to send to there repair centre ( UK to Poland ) by ups which was drop it off two days later I had a conformation via my account that they had it .this was never the problem for me it seemed fixing it was the issue go on to live chat and ask for a update hope you have more luck then I did with the repair centre

checkpointcharly likes this.
  10. Ghazala.Yasmeen
    OnePlus Bug Hunter Staff Member May 9, 2021

Ghazala.Yasmeen , May 9, 2021 :
    We may have to check this further and have contacted you through personal conversation.

Regards,
    Ghazala

11. kovanite
    Eclair May 10, 2021

kovanite , May 10, 2021 :
    Mine didn't have to go to Poland. I dropped off my phone the next day after getting the service booked. It was sent to some company called SBE ltd in Kent. It was received in one day. Every time I ask someone on the chat to update me on this, they say it's being inspected. But when I track my service request, it doesn't even acknowledge that the parcel was received and it is now being inspected. And I find it unbelievable that they need more than 10 days to even tell me what is wrong. I wonder if they just lost the phone.

checkpointcharly likes this.
  12. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow May 10, 2021

Bobbie63 , May 10, 2021 :
    did you check your DM here? Seems someone from OnePlus dropped you a message.

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/oneplus-device-repair-experience.1197043/#post-23185596

Tobikage likes this.
  13. kovanite
    Eclair May 10, 2021

Bobbie63 likes this.
  14. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow May 10, 2021

Bobbie63 , May 10, 2021 :
    No I'm not either but I'm interested to know if something happens. Let us know if it does and of course when it doesn't.

Good luck

kovanite likes this.
  15. kovanite
    Eclair May 13, 2021

kovanite , May 13, 2021 :
    A funny update on my service experience that started above: I received an email from OnePlus support today asking if I received any emails from the service center. They say "it seems the phone is currently with the engineer and is repaired under warranty". The funny part here is, my phone is 4 years old. Tracking the service request on my account still shows 'Service Requested' which is step 1 out of 7 or 8 steps (step 2 is 'Device Received' and even that is not yet acknowledged). I am inclined to think they have genuinely lost my phone and they have no idea what to tell me. Does anybody have weirder predictions? :)

16. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow May 13, 2021

Bobbie63 , May 13, 2021 :
    But a OP7 pro can't be 4 years old, it's from early 2019, so it still could be well in warranty. Concerning any predictions??? I could start something with a parallel universe and stuff...

I don't dare to predict anything, I've seen some weird stuff going on here but it's nice to read your updates, whatever it means.

kovanite likes this.
  17. kovanite
    Eclair May 13, 2021

kovanite , May 13, 2021 :
    Bobbie, you are right! I don't know why I am thinking it's 4 years old. Perhaps because I am confusing about the purchase of my Oneplus 3T in early 2017. That fits the timeline better, doesn't it! I have slightly more hopes, thanks to you.

Bobbie63 likes this.
  18. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow May 13, 2021

tenor (35).gif

McJader likes this.
  19. kovanite
    Eclair May 13, 2021

checkpointcharly and Bobbie63 like this.
  20. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow May 13, 2021

Oh well, you've sent it in before it would expire, got the message it will be repaired under warranty, so that part is covered. Now hope what they told you is all true and the are repairing your phone (although it's taking a long time) and your phone didn't get lost.

As for dramatic repairs, one hasn't lived without experiencing the OnePlus CS adventure. Now you can scratch off the bungee jump from your bucket list, because surviving OnePlus CS is way harder. :rolleyes: