OnePlus Devices Have Serious Network Issues

1. isubhambapna Donut May 24, 2019

isubhambapna, May 24, 2019 :
    Except for the OnePlus 5T, I've used all the OnePlus devices till date. But after using their devices for a few years, I've realized that there's a serious issue with the network mode on all the OnePlus devices.

How I tested?

I have 2 Jio SIM cards, 2 Idea and 2 Airtel.

Using a Xiaomi Redmi 4, Samsung Galaxy S8 and OnePlus 6T.

First I uses Airtel in Redmi 4 and Samsung Galaxy S8 - there was no movement from 4G to 3G or 2G. I then shifted the SIM to OnePlus 6T so now there was one Airtel sim in Redmi 4 and one in OnePlus 6T. The speed was good at the beginning, suddenly the network shifted to 3G, I had to turn on Airplane mode and turn it off to get back 4G.

I repeated the above process with all the SIM cards, The S8 and Redmi 4 didn't at all shift from 4G to 3G and provided good data speeds. But on the OnePlus 6T, I did get good speeds, but the network would randomly switch from 4G to 3G.

I also tested the same on OnePlus 5 and there was a fluctuation in it too. I think the company has some issues with networking on the devices, it should be solved soon. Also, Android has a code which I can use and make network mode as 4G, but that's not something I'd want to do again and again, so I never tried.

I didn't find this issue at places where network coverage was good, but at places where there were network isn't that strong, the Redmi 4 and S8 provided stable network and remained on 4G while the OnePlus had too many network fluctuations and kept switching to 3G

Additional details:

1. All the devices were fully charged.
    2. All the devices were on the same table.
    3. At the time of testing, the devices had only single sim active - slot 1.
    4. The SIMs didn't have any issues and were working fine on the other two devices.

Xnatty likes this.
  2. toastytoast1234 Lollipop May 24, 2019

toastytoast1234, May 24, 2019 :
    Slow learner?

3. theshinybeast Lollipop May 24, 2019

4. ngydat KitKat May 24, 2019

ngydat, May 24, 2019 :
    That may be true but why did you keep buying One Plus phones then ?

I mean, my first One Plus phone was the 2 and because of the way One Plus handled the updates for this phone, I didn't buy the next models but I kept following the news about One Plus.

Then, the 3 and 3T came out and I read how great One Plus did for the updates but still, it was only a generation of phone after the One Plus 2 so I told myself "Let's wait for another year".

The 5 and 5T came along and most users were satisfied with the devices ( at least at the time I was reading the reviews). That's when I considered I would buy again a One Plus device.

And now, I own the One Plus 6 and so far, I have zero issue.

otto2, Kytharsis, xnutzii and 2 others like this.
  5. Maverick2.0 Jelly Bean May 24, 2019

Maverick2.0, May 24, 2019 :
    My first OP phone is the 6. :)

H1555762060349, Kytharsis and ngydat like this.
  6. Xnatty Honeycomb May 24, 2019

Xnatty, May 24, 2019 :
    Dumb and
    Dumber writing! or should i say immature and childish writing?. reminds me of the garbage writing of GOT S8 by dan and dave..

Staticx, Shivam_sakral and Afzal Khan like this.
  7. toastytoast1234 Lollipop May 24, 2019

toastytoast1234, May 24, 2019 :
    The dude had:-
    • OPO
    • OP2
    • OPX
    • OP3
    • OP3T
    • OP5
    • OP6
    • OP6T
    and only just recognised a pattern of poor network reception, but we're the dumb ones?

Ok, I should clearly take your screenwriting analysis really seriously.

Kytharsis and xnutzii like this.
  8. Xnatty Honeycomb May 24, 2019

Xnatty, May 24, 2019 :
    -he is not hating nor complaining just analyzing
    -his money so he can spend it until the last paper if he wants
    -he is saying it in a positive way so it can be resolved in the future phones not cause he wants a fix.

reason for calling you dumb is unlike @ngydat , you and the other dude only "cyber bullied" him rather than discuss about it, if you don't like his discussion maybe just ignore it?

Staticx and Afzal Khan like this.
  9. Lord_Babass Ice Cream Sandwich May 24, 2019

Lord_Babass, May 24, 2019 :
    I feel the same as the poster.

Had X, 3 and 5.

When in train around Paris i have some areas where i have no data (even if it displays 4g) while people next to me on the same network, but with samsung or huawei keep internet browsing !

Not cool

malidan and Xnatty like this.
  10. isubhambapna Donut May 24, 2019

Guys, I really didn't post this here to spread hate towards a brand. I posted this because I felt like this is a place where I could get responses to get the problem solved.

The reason why I tested it with multiple devices and SIM cards is because I wanted to be sure that it isn't a problem with my device alone.

The previous place I lived had WiFi and Good Network coverage too. I recently moved to a place where there's a lot of Network fluctuation. So I first thought, it's because my carrier isn't providing quality network here.

But then I had some emergency work so I got my friends Redmi 4 and used it. Since I moved here, I asked him about his network company. He said, it's Airtel. I was shocked, because I also am an Airtel user. So I then contacted the customer support and explained this to them. They sent settings and other stuff which was quite basic (I knew it wouldn't solve the problem) but still gave it a try.

I then wanted to test it, so I tested multiple SIM cards with different devices. With all the tests I did at that particular location, Samsung S8 and Redmi 4 were having stable network and there was a fluctuation with my OnePlus 6T. So I then used another OnePlus 5 and it also had the same issues.

After doing the tests for multiple times I realized that there's surely some issue with the network mode. It was a genuine issue and I felt like the community would be there to help me or if it is a serious problem, the company can solve it, so that the upcoming devices and the current devices no longer have it.

I've heard that OnePlus community is really helpful, but then I saw the replies to my post. I'm really sorry for being a dumb writer, for being a slow & dumb learner. I didn't know the post title would hurt people this much. Really sorry, guys.

Xnatty likes this.
  11. Xnatty Honeycomb May 24, 2019

Xnatty, May 24, 2019 :
    your post was to point! some people just don't have any respect or manner. don't be sorry about it

Staticx and isubhambapna like this.
  12. isubhambapna Donut May 24, 2019

Yes, sir. I had 6 SIM cards. Not that I owned all of them, I asked my friends so that I can test it before posting it here. I didn't post this to be judged, but yeah, feel free to!

13. Tobikage Marshmallow May 24, 2019

Tobikage, May 24, 2019 :
    You know what would have been useful to make and prove your point ?
    Screenshots of actual signal strength values for all the SIM and phone combinations as reported by the phones.

But you...."OP devices have network issues" :rolleyes:

drl431 likes this.
  14. Muzaffar Pasha Chiya Eclair May 24, 2019

Muzaffar Pasha Chiya, May 24, 2019 :
    you are right, my OP3T has network issues compared to my colleague's Samsung M20 in the weakest coverage zone.
    which sucks the battery out..

15. MADMAC05 Froyo May 24, 2019

MADMAC05, May 24, 2019 :
    Unfortunately I don't think this is solved with software since the problem is most likely the hardware. I have a similar situation, a work colleague has an S9, I have 1+6, we work in an area with low network coverage and are both on the same operator but while he gets 1 or 2 bars, I get zit, nada, niente, nothing!!!!!!
    For OP to offer flagship similar phones at a lower price something has got to give, and in this case it seems to be the quality of some of the internal components (antenna, camera, etc).
    If you want the best of the best then you need to open your wallet, if not, you have to settle, no matter what 1+ motto says....

16. ironass KitKat May 24, 2019

ironass, May 24, 2019 :
    Network signal bars are meaningless as there is no industry standard for what they mean. Different phone manufacturers assign different signal bars and so one can be reading a 2 bar strength and another, a 4 bar strength.

drl431 and Kytharsis like this.
  17. MADMAC05 Froyo May 24, 2019

MADMAC05, May 24, 2019 :
    I don't think I made myself clear. I cannot call anyone or receive any calls as I have no signal at all, he can!

18. Afzal Khan Jelly Bean May 24, 2019

Afzal Khan, May 24, 2019 :
    When will the two of you - "Tom & Jerry" learn Not to interfere. When someone wants to discuss something serious you two should stay out of it..learn some manners for God sake.

Xnatty likes this.
  19. Afzal Khan Jelly Bean May 24, 2019

Afzal Khan, May 24, 2019 :
    I guess you have a valid point. Me too actually facing the same issue. I am always out of the signals where my brother & parents are getting full signal strength on Redmi, Honor & Le Max2.

Xnatty likes this.
  20. theshinybeast Lollipop May 24, 2019

theshinybeast, May 24, 2019 :
    When will you mind your own business and stop trying to tell us what to do?

Kytharsis likes this.