scotty97 , Jan 8, 2015 :
    He may as well be asking for that too. Haha

2. driesvanmarcke
    Cupcake Jan 8, 2015

driesvanmarcke , Jan 8, 2015 :

3. Souliere
    Honeycomb Jan 8, 2015

Souliere , Jan 8, 2015 :
    Hard to push for waterproof and have a removable battery. Almost guaranteed to leak

veratoloz2005 and s-dex like this.
  4. s-dex
    Eclair Jan 8, 2015

s-dex , Jan 8, 2015 :
    Some of your points are good. Some of them are really more about you than mass appeal or building a good phone.

This phone is already the best bang for the buck today. If it were waterproof it would so much value. So add that, put in image stabilization and excellent photo processing like the iPhone 6 or Note 4 has, and the rest falls into place for the next version.

I would love to see some borrowing of the "peek" notifications from Moto.

I would agree that q-HD screens are meh and mostly drain battery for very little visual improvement (in fact, for some games and apps it breaks stuff because people are bad at app development scaling).

Of course there will be the regular iteration to CPU/GPU, RAM, and battery so that's not really worth even going into.

5. LordOzi
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 8, 2015

LordOzi , Jan 8, 2015 :
    I dont like the amoled part, make it LCD, amoled has some weird lightning... Plus, you can only see 170 degrees with amoled before the screen gets black.

Want to make the best phone? Copy motorola project ara.

6. tgooose
    Honeycomb Jan 8, 2015

tgooose , Jan 8, 2015 :
    How about going out and raising the capital, using your "expertise", and putting your financial future on the line. If your not willing to do that, you are just another poser in a world full of them.

7. Edbit33
    Jelly Bean Jan 8, 2015

Edbit33 , Jan 8, 2015 :
    All your points are valid. Be realistic, To implement all your suggestions would invariably entail a significant PRICE INCREASE and that will defeat the very essence of opo. Great phone at affordable prices.

veratoloz2005 likes this.
  8. londonappdev
    Gingerbread Jan 8, 2015

londonappdev , Jan 8, 2015 :
    The phone is not too big IMO. It could probably be a bit bigger.

9. okak24
    Gingerbread Jan 8, 2015

okak24 , Jan 8, 2015 :
    With ak kernel i have 9 hours display on battery life. And ak 74 I think i have 10 hours. I talk to my friends i have 1hour display in 10% battery. For me this is very nice.

10. kalali
    Gingerbread Jan 8, 2015

kalali , Jan 8, 2015 :
    Point 1-3 are useless for me. I don't know why he prefers himself as "we" as i certainly not going back smaller screen.
    Apple has battery built in for 7 years and they could careless about apple fans complaining or even complaint at all. At long as it is a good and big battery inside, it is all good.
    16g or more are just to suit the market. Yes it is not enough for most but i do know a lot not even use any storage at all.

veratoloz2005 likes this.
  11. siocnarf13
    Jelly Bean Jan 9, 2015

siocnarf13 , Jan 9, 2015 :
    I have a HTC one M8 (snapdragon 801,adreno330 and 2Gb RAM) and it's enough.
    I don't need 64bit processor
    I dont need more than 3 GB ram
    I don't need a waterproof phone.
    I don't need a removable battery.
    I don't need more than 32GB of internal storage

Last edited: Jan 9, 2015

12. apxrdm
    Gingerbread Jan 9, 2015

13. sergandra
    Donut Jan 9, 2015

14. vdd65
    Jelly Bean Jan 9, 2015

vdd65 , Jan 9, 2015 :
    I hope this was not your Resume for the Oneplus team :eek:

15. jkbhso3
    Jelly Bean Jan 9, 2015

jkbhso3 , Jan 9, 2015 :
    Agreed. Also, to the OP, what works for you is all personal preference and not necessarily what everyone else wants.

16. Dave1482
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 9, 2015

Dave1482 , Jan 9, 2015 :
    Wow, way to attack a new company like that.
    Yeah, all better specs like a 64-bit processor, 4 gigs of ram, but I personally like bezels on the phone. And if you don't like the soft keys (which I don't) DONT USE THEM! And if you are talking to them like you are, are they really going to listen to just one person with a few agreeing? I think not. To have a say as to what the company will do, you either have to own it, or get a lot of people who know OnePlus to agree and ask. Otherwise, they have their own schedule. And what's up with 135 mm? Why be that restrictive? The reason behind the 3 gigs of ram is because 32-bit only supports that much. I would say they should probably two different sized phones next. (goes with the OnePlus Two name, wouldn't it?)

siocnarf13 likes this.
  17. mardonibong
    Gingerbread Jan 9, 2015

mardonibong , Jan 9, 2015 :
    First of all, I want to say that you can't NEVER satisfied everybody.

Second, about the display
    Do you know about qHD and AMOLED?
    I suggest you do some readings before you brag about them.

Third, about the processor and RAM
    I think Snapdragon 805 is 32-bit, if you're talking about 64-bit then you should go with 810.
    As for RAM, I think 4GB RAM is just available recently.

18. landenone
    Honeycomb Jan 9, 2015

landenone , Jan 9, 2015 :
    Was going to say something about the fact that the first post was from may, but I have realized that OP is still actively posting here. I agree with most of your points, but who are YOU to represent the entire smartphone community? Where was I when we elected an official community ambassador?

I must have missed it. But either way this community loves their company, so being publicly bossy with it is proooobably not the best idea.
    Try sending them an email.

19. MSalam11
    Froyo Jan 9, 2015

20. jswaggy
    Cupcake Jan 9, 2015

jswaggy , Jan 9, 2015 :
    I feel the opo is nice the way it is, there is nothing like it on the market