3 vote(s)
    16.7%
  9. A Drone

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
  10. A Scale

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Everything. Just make and them and I'll buy a bundle!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. None of the above, but I still want an ecosystem.

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  13. None and I don't want an OnePlus ecosystem.

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  14. A bucket

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Apr 15, 2019

Cheetosdust , Apr 15, 2019 :
    Hello community, hope you are having a great Monday.

Recently I saw an interview with Pete Lau, OnePlus CEO and climber of mysterious stairs, where he mentioned a OnePlus ecosystem.

Lau talked about how the company is not interested in developing a foldable device right now, and he pivoted the conversation to a “OnePlus ecosystem”.

Granted, he was talking about the upcoming OnePlus TV being the center and the start of said ecosystem, mentioning that:

“It will be a TV that can communicate with the phone without any barrier forming a single true ecosystem.

To make the TV really smart you needed a company that knows a smartphone by heart. I prefer the term ‘smart displays’ rather than TV. Today, for example, when you come back home you have to look for the remote control to turn on the television and this is already a really dated system.

I imagine a screen that is always ready and anticipates various needs. Artificial intelligence from this point of view can do amazing things and is maturing very quickly. AI can learn from habits and provide what is needed when needed. We’re working on it, but it’s too early to talk about dates”.

The site, however, also writes that “Lau confirmed that this ‘smart display’ will act as a hub for other OnePlus smart devices, citing the dated TV remote as one area that would potentially see innovation in the future ecosystem”.

These are the facts - oh and that OnePlus is not interested in developing a car because “that is a very complex world”.

Now, if you are here reading this, you probably have or had a OnePlus device. Let’s take that “a hub for other OnePlus smart devices” quote and imagine that in ten years, OnePlus really does have an ecosystem of products talking to each other.

I would love to read what do you think of that. Do you see yourself buying into that and updating your devices one by one until you are surrounded by OnePlus devices or do you hate that idea because it’s hard to get out - like Apple customers usually say?

Not only that, but do you think OnePlus is able to seamlessly integrate them as Apple does with their devices? Easy to use, always working, be ready for you when you get home, etc.

And finally, I would love to know what products do you see OnePlus developing as part of that ecosystem. We have a phone, the Wireless Bullets and a television. What do you want to see with a OnePlus logo and how do you think that will improve your daily life?

Source: Repubblica via 9to5google.com.

2. KeepTransisting
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Apr 15, 2019

KeepTransisting , Apr 15, 2019 :
    I hate the idea. Every time a company does this, it turns into a "jack of all trades, master of none" situation. I'd prefer they stick with phones and cut out the side stuff. Although, on the other hand, I love my explorer backpack.

3. geo07
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 15, 2019

geo07 , Apr 15, 2019 :
    I think it's not easy for any company to create something like Apple did as an ecosystem, it needs a lot of work in many different departments especially in software and different devices. Samsung has many devices and they are close to it but still I think Android as it is now might be one reason that is hard to do it and also to create an ecosystem need to have many different devices and appliances.
    Really nice topic though!

4. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Apr 15, 2019

camohan , Apr 15, 2019 :
    Because Mi has air purifier, running shoes, security cams, smart bands, ad injecting software, we want OnePlus to have this too.

5. Cheetosdust

Hah, I actually find that fascinating.

How two companies that are always compared have such different strategies to the market.

Also: about the ad injecting software part, hope you are ready to be blamed when OxygenOS starts advertising the brand new Nike shoes. ;)

6. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Apr 15, 2019

camohan , Apr 15, 2019 :
    hahhaha

7. Moin2200
    KitKat Apr 15, 2019

Moin2200 , Apr 15, 2019 :
    Personally I would love an ecosystem like apples.
    I've had my fair share of devices and frustrations but with every oneplus device I feel satisfied and my money well spend. This has happened with oneplus phones and with their wireless headphones (never used wireless before)

So having the option of a oneplus tablet, laptop and maybe a smart watch would be a no brainer for me to buy as I'm not afraid of a bad experience as I've never really had one with oneplus.

And if they could make them all play nice with each other would be very appreciated. :D:cool:

ashv88, Oderus1Panda, Riwong5 and 8 others like this.
  8. Cheetosdust

Pete also mentioned (Twitter) that next Wednesday we'll have news about OnePlus next device. Pete.png
    Question is: Which device is he talking about? :p

9. Moin2200
    KitKat Apr 15, 2019

10. BeingIncog
    Marshmallow Apr 15, 2019

11. Cheetosdust

I really don't know. It can be the phone or the TV.

Maybe it's the hype machine starting to work for the OnePlus 7? If the rumors are true, we are a month away to the launch.

12. Rick Manders
    KitKat Community Expert Apr 15, 2019

Rick Manders , Apr 15, 2019 :
    I’m already hoping for a rehashed clicky buttons thread/announcement. :p

To be honest, the seamless way Apple has integrated their devices is really good so it should be a plus if OnePlus manages to pull that off.

Saliou, Shivang Joshi, SJBoss and 2 others like this.
  13. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Apr 15, 2019

14. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer Apr 15, 2019

Bouncer71 , Apr 15, 2019 :
    It would be pretty cool if the phone could communicate with the TV without barriers...

I hate the LG remote app and sorting channels on the TV.
    Plus I have to sort them again on the app... 8P
    If the come up with a true remote app for all the settings of the TV would be a real deal breaker for me...

But an whole eco system...?
    IDK...
    I can already select a movie or flick on Google movies, Netflix, YouTube with the phone and continue watching it on any TV at my home with a tap...

15. Liehjan
    Lollipop Apr 15, 2019

Liehjan , Apr 15, 2019 :
    It will be the pop-up cam phone that the whole world seems to hate... And still will beat the sales numbers of the previous phones:p

16. otto2
    Lollipop Apr 15, 2019

otto2 , Apr 15, 2019 :
    I do not see a big advantage of an Oneplus TV /Screen. Right now I start one of my casting apps and my TV screen starts showing me the content I ve chosen on my phone. (Have connected a Chromecast to my TV). So what 's so special?

17. meatandy
    Oreo Apr 15, 2019

meatandy , Apr 15, 2019 :
    To long , Read it anyways...:p

Not yet WE don't. ;) most of us .

18. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer Apr 15, 2019

Bouncer71 , Apr 15, 2019 :
    exactly what I'm saying... ;D
    But really controlling the settings from the smartphone and maybe being able the save a backup on it alone would be great...

I mean..
    It's already possible with my thermostats, why not with a TV...?

Shivang Joshi, SJBoss and otto2 like this.
  19. otto2
    Lollipop Apr 15, 2019

otto2 , Apr 15, 2019 :
    Content provider and DRM Don t like what you want to do...

Shivang Joshi, SJBoss and Bouncer71 like this.
  20. Neekeet
    Cupcake Apr 15, 2019

Neekeet , Apr 15, 2019 :
    True Wireless Headphones should not be overlooked considering OnePlus has taken out the jack and sort of mocked the idea of removing the Jack just a model prior to removing it. True Wireless Headphones at $99 makes so much sense but we will just have to wait and see :)

HayHayIsALoser and Mumonthebrink like this.