OnePlus ecosystem. What do you want?

1. The1Lion Lollipop Apr 15, 2019 at 10:47 PM

G_plusone likes this.
  2. G_plusone Lollipop Apr 16, 2019 at 12:04 AM

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019 at 12:12 AM

The1Lion likes this.
  3. Discostu Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 16, 2019 at 1:56 AM

Discostu, Apr 16, 2019 at 1:56 AM :
    I've never been someone to buy into an ecosystem from a manufacturer, I tend to chop and change my devices yearly and don't often stick with the same device maker for more than 12 months. That said, if there is a compelling reason to do so I will.

Personally I think OnePlus should continue to build out their brand in the smartphone space and release their devices officially in Australia. I wouldn't be compelled to buy into a TV box or smartwatch for example.

Mind you, I am embedded in the Android ecosystem so there is that....

4. Bouncer71 KitKat Apr 16, 2019 at 5:40 AM

Bouncer71, Apr 16, 2019 at 5:40 AM :
    why wouldn't content provider want that I backup the channel list, picture or network settings.?

TibiTibi and buntycubal like this.
  5. Aziz_Amin_Oneplus Jelly Bean Apr 16, 2019 at 7:55 PM

Aziz_Amin_Oneplus, Apr 16, 2019 at 7:55 PM :
    They can but it will take time, before iphones were born Apple was all about their software and if Oneplus keeps their Software fast and Speedy as they are right now so they can build their own ecosystem.

6. Bobbie63 Lollipop Apr 16, 2019 at 8:12 PM

Bobbie63, Apr 16, 2019 at 8:12 PM :
    I think it was software combined with the hardware. Those days were different compared what's going on now. At the time Apple entered the market (in general, so not just phones) there was only Microsoft. Apple made the right decision to enter a nice market with their product and were an innovative company back then. (although they had their share of "misshapps")

For now, Oneplus can hardly be called innovative, hardware wise, nor software wise.

7. Aziz_Amin_Oneplus Jelly Bean Apr 16, 2019 at 8:25 PM

Aziz_Amin_Oneplus, Apr 16, 2019 at 8:25 PM :
    Yeah hardware also matter but as I said with both combine they can but competition is now tough and they need more time to take their strategy to other level, they can but needs more on hardware as you said and software they already are.

Bobbie63 likes this.
  8. Plenkske Dutch POC Assistant Head Moderator Apr 17, 2019 at 11:24 AM

Plenkske, Apr 17, 2019 at 11:24 AM :
    • Do you see yourself buying into that and updating your devices one by one until you are surrounded by OnePlus devices or do you hate that idea because it’s hard to get out?
    It totally depends on how good the device is and if I dont have or see something better. Talking about home automation I really like the software Domoticz and pretty much all things from Xiaomi. Domoticz give me total control over my devices. And Xioami is just the best in price/quality.

• Do you think OnePlus is able to seamlessly integrate them as Apple does with their devices?
    Probably it will have its bugs etc. in the beginning. But in the end they can pull it off. Its not that hard... Apple is overrated and has a lot of bloated stuff that most dont need or use. Or stuff they háve to use but is frustrating.
    I hope they also keep stuff (if it are home automation prudcts) open so I can use it with Domoticz. That way you are also not dependent if the company suddenly decides to stop support.

• And finally, I would love to know what products do you see OnePlus developing as part of that ecosystem. We have a phone, the Wireless Bullets and a television. What do you want to see with a OnePlus logo and how do you think that will improve your daily life?
    The thing I am hoping for the most is something like the SuperBook (I have it), but a lot better. A shell to make your OnePlus phone turn into a laptop. How awesome is that.
    What else: a nice smartwatch. I know there are plenty of options already (using the ZeTime myself) but I think there still can be something better.

9. the_o2 Lollipop Apr 17, 2019 at 12:11 PM

the_o2, Apr 17, 2019 at 12:11 PM :
    A flagship killer Laptop :rolleyes::rolleyes:

G_plusone likes this.
  10. G_plusone Lollipop Apr 17, 2019 at 12:23 PM

the_o2 likes this.
  11. the_o2 Lollipop Apr 17, 2019 at 12:24 PM

G_plusone likes this.
  12. YRJ KitKat Apr 20, 2019 at 10:14 AM

YRJ, Apr 20, 2019 at 10:14 AM :
    First off, great thread and congrats on being the author of TOTW 12

This question shouldn't be hard:

I will buy every device from any brand, that I think enhances the everyday experience, makes life easier and above all is a requirement. I will not buy a product or a service just for the sake of getting into an ecosystem.

For being only a little bit over 5 years old now, the advancements that the brand has done us commendable, also recently they entered the top 5 of the premium segment. (Something that would take a brand decades) the achivements that they have made speak volumes of their potential and dedication towards building a reliable and concrete foundation. I believe that they will do everything in their power to achieve the best!

Before speculating on, what products will be served it is important to understand what "we" as consumers really need.
    And is the need of the hour being met by someone else in a better way? If yes, don't disturb it. Getting yourself involved into too many things will lead to the division of attention from something that deserves it more. In the process of discovering new things you have to be sure not to forget your priorities.

There are many products that can be added to the system question is can you do it better?
    • A watch sells but in a very limited number and one can't think of anything but Apple.
    • Tablets: I will give it to Apple again, they get it right almost everytime. The software is perfect and what they did with the iPad pro recently is laudable it's a powerful machine! (S*it happens the design failed but it's okay, people still buy it!)
    • PC's / Laptops: given that even OnePlus employees use Mac's and Apple computers we all can agree that this is just another stuff that apple does it perfectly.
    Ofc, Apple products aren't the end. I believe that there will be advancements and another company will get it right.
    But for OnePlus to be able to master all this, (I'm skeptical) they will have to make a perfect product, a mind blowing price and inistate trust in the mind of the buyers.

Just my 2 cents :p

SJBoss likes this.
  13. JelleZon KitKat Apr 20, 2019 at 10:40 AM

swapnilshah52 likes this.
  14. swapnilshah52 Froyo Apr 20, 2019 at 10:44 AM

swapnilshah52, Apr 20, 2019 at 10:44 AM :
    SmartWatch .. there are good smart tvs in the market but definitely not a good smart watch....

so now op is in the tv market.. hope op could make a smart watch and can integrate their tv watch and phones together.. that will be the perfect basic ecosystem required

15. Liehjan KitKat Apr 20, 2019 at 10:54 AM

16. Pankkajarora Eclair Apr 20, 2019 at 12:27 PM

Pankkajarora, Apr 20, 2019 at 12:27 PM :
    I would want my smart display should be quite and have few features like:

1. Big No to Notification beeps, it's irritating while watching your favourite show.
    2. Enough RAM & storage for new apps.
    3. No third party advertisement.
    4. capable to cast without using any HW devices.
    6. access to Netflix and other steaming provider.
    7. Touch enabled ;)
    8. seamless integration with OnePlus phones & bullet earphones.
    9. do give an option to connect Bluetooth devices especially earphones & woofers, get rid of wires

I'm using smart TV but I have only used maximum 5 times for the YouTube or any other internet applications.

17. Helder_DAlmeida Froyo Apr 20, 2019 at 1:21 PM

Helder_DAlmeida, Apr 20, 2019 at 1:21 PM :
    Thanks for the thread! I think that the TV is the first step. I will buy it for sure and hope to see something that works better for us, the consumer. Another device? A smart device for cooking just like bimby, all connected! Always with the "never settle" in mind

18. buraksy Cupcake Apr 20, 2019 at 3:01 PM

buraksy, Apr 20, 2019 at 3:01 PM :
    A whole ecosystem is a bit daring and takes a lot of RND let alone money.

But why not make Oneplus Book with the same ideology as your smartphones? High end hardware, beautiful and durable design for less money?

And maybe with amoled display? I havent seen any amoled laptops or dont know if that would make their price sky high but hey that would be fantastic.

19. G_Fabio_Formicone_BrxJ Cupcake Apr 20, 2019 at 3:04 PM

G_Fabio_Formicone_BrxJ, Apr 20, 2019 at 3:04 PM :
    And the price always go higher

20. sommersy KitKat Apr 20, 2019 at 4:00 PM

sommersy, Apr 20, 2019 at 4:00 PM :
    So maybe a smart speaker then? What would we call the new OP voice assistant? (Besides the clear front-runner* obviously... =D )

Hate to admit, but the only apple product I really want is the Watch (latest one for preference) :oops: ;)

*Bzzby.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019 at 4:45 PM

SJBoss and YRJ like this.