2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  9. A Drone

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  10. A Scale

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Everything. Just make and them and I'll buy a bundle!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. None of the above, but I still want an ecosystem.

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  13. None and I don't want an OnePlus ecosystem.

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  14. A bucket

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. SJBoss KitKat Apr 22, 2019

SJBoss, Apr 22, 2019 :
    not talking about your appearance :rolleyes:
    Not that I intended to but... meh

Shivang Joshi likes this.
  2. Shivang Joshi Starting Point Expert Apr 22, 2019

SJBoss likes this.
  3. DeadPool171198 Cupcake Apr 22, 2019

DeadPool171198, Apr 22, 2019 :
    A smart watch from one plus would be really nice and it should integrate well.with existing oneplus devices....

One plus glass with minimalistic user design just to show the things we require like time,directions,imp notifications before our eyes and options to control music playing through oneplus truly wireless earphones...

An Android Tablet with the latest processor and just the right amount of ram would be awesome....

4. ierisch Gingerbread Apr 22, 2019

5. G_plusone Lollipop Apr 22, 2019

G_plusone, Apr 22, 2019 :
    I am just teasing him

FlixbusLennart likes this.
  6. HankVenture666 Cupcake Apr 22, 2019

HankVenture666, Apr 22, 2019 :
    I would honestly rather you make a tablet than focus on a eco system.

Most Android tablets are garbage or extremely expensive. and have the 6t for almost a year now I would buy a one plus tablet in a heartbeat.

eco systems are already established with bigger companies that it would take people away from the one plus platform to your competitors.

7. abhishekrk Donut Apr 22, 2019

8. Thevili03 Froyo Apr 22, 2019

Thevili03, Apr 22, 2019 :
    Smartwatch with minimalistic design and big screen, with NFC, GPS, heart rate sensor and Google's Wear OS. It would be very nice to see one like that in OnePlus ecosystem.

GAZMANFOREVER likes this.
  9. GAZMANFOREVER Cupcake Apr 22, 2019

10. Dwein_S Cupcake Apr 22, 2019

Dwein_S, Apr 22, 2019 :
    I think it's a great idea, but it shouldn't be as close down as Apple's is. Allowing other android phones and other smart devices to connect via an app would be ideal so people don't feel locked down. On that note, a smartwatch would be a great early addition to the ecosystem. A home speaker/hub would be great for later.
    Phone, tv, bullets and watch would be a great start to it.

11. meatandy Nougat Apr 22, 2019

12. Hjhitesh07 Eclair Apr 23, 2019

13. jetdragon67 Froyo Apr 23, 2019

jetdragon67, Apr 23, 2019 :
    Idk about all this TV talk.. I thought the next step was adding a Oneplus Watch, maybe a Laptop but a TV? It just doesn't seem interesting.

14. brisam007 Froyo Apr 23, 2019

brisam007, Apr 23, 2019 :
    The reason that Samsung, Apple, Google, Microsft and Sony create an ecosystem is because they are very large corporations. They are usually very good in one apartment and applies it to another product. Like how Sony does with cameras because they make camera modules for every single smartphone or Samsung does with their screens because they are one of the biggest producer of AMOLED screens.

Now if Oneplus wants to expand I do not see a reason why they shouldn't. But the product has to be priced competetively and needs to have a good arrange of smart features for people to be interested. We will have to wait and see what Oneplus comes up with. Im excited [e]1f601[/e]

15. J1550092704643 Froyo Apr 23, 2019

J1550092704643, Apr 23, 2019 :
    Before we worry about 'ecosystem' how about presenting timely updates and keeping the existing user base happy before they get annoyed and jump ship? The last update for the one plus 6t and the speed and lackluster of an update that was is an embarrassment and an abomination for a company that seems to have high ambition. Before trekking on this ambition, thinknamd axt carefully, lest those ambitions just remain that...ambitions and no user base.

Word of mouth is a very powerful thing.

16. Blazko666 Eclair Apr 23, 2019

Blazko666, Apr 23, 2019 :
    Well, I may be a bit skeptical.. But I just feel OnePlus should, atleast for the time being, concentrate more on their core business which is ofcourse making good *flagship killer* smarphones. The evolution of OnePlus as a smartphone manufacturer is pretty impressive, best explained by youtuber Arun Maini a.k.a Mrwhosetheboss in one of his latest video.
    But I do feel there has been a gap somewhere in their journey of smartphone business. For starters, there has been no upgrades on the oneplus x which was a real good midrange phone. The best part being the screen size. I sincerely feel they should develop their complete range of smartphone devices.. The midrangers... The flagships & the pro version. Keeping in mind the core values like good hardwares backed by excellent softwares at an affordable pricing structure. I don't see the company could go wrong here once they truly adapt in this direction.
    Speaking of an ecosystem, it looks pretty intresting & good on paper, but I feel the R&Ds needs to be done much for now before releasing half baked products. I know I'll be in the minority here, but Xiaomi - Mi, I'm frankly not much impressed with their line-up of products. Especially the fitness band. I have used their fitness band 2, which was riddled with many errors plus finally the band completely refused to pair with their app & simply bricked. The less I talk about their advertisement based MIUI os, the better.
    In short, I would like OnePlus to further develop their range of smartphones devices with an innovative approach. Launching half baked products just to develop an ecosystem could be a bad idea. Nevertheless, a OnePlus smart TV is an exciting proposition & I sincerely hope once launched, it could revolutionize the television industry as it did with Smartphones.

17. manuel19 Jelly Bean Apr 23, 2019

manuel19, Apr 23, 2019 :
    Hey Cheeto,

Amazing thread as always! Nice read on a super interesting topic.
    I would like to answer your questions with my own opinion.

I think I would hate that. Being in any ecosystem takes away some kind of freedom and sooner or later you will regret it, I think. But I think it'd be easier to get out of a OnePlus ecosystem than an apple one :D

All ecosystems have some kind of flaws, and so will have this one. And the one day everything works perfectly, there will be an update a week later that f's everything up again. :p I think you should never expect too much from such a system :D

I'd really hope for a smartwatch to be honest. One with better specs and a appealing design, to a better price than current ones, for sure. :p I'd want it to have GPS, NFC and a heart rate tracker. It would improve my daily life by keeping track of my fitness and health and that's the thing I'd like to have a smartwatch for. :)

One thing I hope OnePlus won't do, is a tablet. :D Most of the system on pie doesn't even support horizontal layouts, so I wouldn't rely on them creating tablet or horizontal layouts for the system/apps. :p

18. ravijain87 Gingerbread Apr 23, 2019

ravijain87, Apr 23, 2019 :
    Hey,

So my take on an ecosystem is that it needs to be done right and each thing really needs to add to each other.

The other thing is that when a company is looking to create an ecosystem, they should focus on what they do well. I believe for OnePlus this is a focus on software including adding features to a device post launch and also on providing top quality hardware at a an affordable price point.

The ecosystem would be built on top of the three devices we know about, Phones, TV and Wireless Bullets. The aim of an ecosystem is to make sure that the sum of the parts are more than the individual items. Again, I believe this is where the software would come into play.

Based on these three items together the combinations could look like:

1) Multiple Wireless Bullets paired to the TV for listen at night time with personalised sound profiles. This could also enable multiple people to listen to different things at the same time if they wanted to.

2) Phone to be used as a remote for the TV. This would allow queuing up of content from different sources so going from a YouTube video to a Netflix show to an Amazon prime movie.

When looking to add to an ecosystem, it depends on what your goals are. These could range from Health and AV benefit to general lifestyle. They shouldn't be a shotgun approach though and each item should add something actually benefitial.

Health:

1) Smart-watch: This would have HR sensor and pair with WearOS with Google Fit. Personally I don't think WearOS or the processors powering them are good enough (the QC3100 is a joke). It wouldn't fit in with the "Never Settle" and speed branding of OnePlus. If we are talking a few years down the line, then this could change and it would make sense. The watch would have NFC for contactless payments making your life genuinely easier. it would be great to have GPS but priority would be on battery. Ideally it would have some smart warp charging tech (wireless I presume) so you don't have to keep your watch off your hand for too long. The bootloader would be unlockable and the watch would be supported for custom WatchOS's.

2) Smart scales: I have the Fitbit scales and from a health measurement point of view these are really handy. I imagine the profit margin on these are good at their current price so a good idea for OnePlus to flesh out the ecosystem.

AV:

1) Smart speaker's: These would come in a few price points and integrate with Google Assistant. They would develop the audio capabilities of OnePlus and also connect into the Google Home platform. Audio played on your phone could seamlessly be transitioned over to the smart speakers. The speakers would use their microphones when you're out as an alarm mode. If they hear breaking glass or unusual noise they would ping your phone to say they think your home might be broken into.

2) Smart Display: This would be used to help control the ecosystem, play music together with speakers and also consume visual content like the TV in other rooms.

Lifestyle:

1) Wireless mesh router: This would allow customers to get high quality WiFi throughout their homes. The Never Settle brand would extend to great WiFi to play your games fast with low lag and help serve all other OnePlus devices in the ecosystem. Given how OnePlus supports opening bootloaders, they could do something similar and support open source alternative firmware installation to the same level. In terms of software optimisation, the mesh routers could have vpn code built in, including wireguard for security and connect through Cloudflare VPN as standard.

2) Smart CCTV: This would connect into Google Home and Alexa home automation systems. It would have a 4k camera and give you the choice of uploading content at 1080p or 4k depending on your internet connection. this could all be managed through the OnePlus mesh WiFi so this internet activity is prioritized, especially when you're not home. The software would work in conjunction with the microphones in the various other OnePlus devices so if someone breaks into your home, the audio from the various devices would be combined to get a voice profile of the person(s) with background noise cut out so you can identity them and/or pass this on to the police. You would have the option through the mesh WiFi to record this information onto a wireless networked harddrive.

3) Network storage: You could have a network harddrive with the latest 10gbe network connection or the latest Wireless 6 standard. this would allow for storage of music, videos,be assessible from all devices in the house. If a OP device, it would act as expanded storage and also be remotely accessible from anywhere in the world seemlessly from your OP device. This would be managed through the VPN connection of your mess WiFi for additional security. If you have CCTV, then you could choose to store your video data locally and not use up internet bandwidth or have anyone else have access to your personal recordings.

This would be a significant pipeline of products and would really flesh out the system. I have given a few ideas of how things could link together but there are always more with software optimisation and updates and generally with a good imagination. One thing I've pointed to is much better alarm capabilities above just recording video. Microphones can be used to record burgers from many devices into one high quality recording additionally, you could have AI now help identify different situations like broken into windows or doors etc.

Aaron Hughey likes this.
  19. Ajay Balaji Cupcake Apr 23, 2019

Ajay Balaji, Apr 23, 2019 :
    Absolutely nothing. The way Apple did it was pretty bad, and felt pretty selfish. Let this company provide it's users the best smartphone there is and let it be the "King of one trade".

20. Q1545504703112 Honeycomb Apr 23, 2019

Q1545504703112, Apr 23, 2019 :
    It would be much more convenient to have a OnePlus ecosystem like apple do