Oneplus -Enable Native Call Recording in ANY country (No Root Required)

1. sonny.haze
    Gingerbread May 20, 2020

sonny.haze , May 20, 2020 :
    Follow these steps (No Root Required)

I wrote this for beginners mainly. I factory reset my phone and went through the process so I could write it in great detail.

1. Go to settings>about phone> then click on Build number box 7 times. You will see a dialog appear telling you that you are now a developer. From go to settings>system>developer options and turn on USB debugging.

2.I'm guessing you are not sure how to use adb. So lets start there. The easiest way I can think of for you to download a tool called Tool All In One. Here's the link:
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...ck-twrp-factory-image-stock-recovery.1176717/

3. After installing tool you prob will need to install drivers so plug in your phone and open the tool and click install drivers.

4. You will need two apps to turn call recording on. Search "joneplus tools [adb/root]" and "tasker". Both can be downloaded from the play store. Tasker which is like $3.49.

5. Once downloaded open joneplus tools it will instruct to enter an adb command in order to use it that command is: adb shell pm grant net.jroot3d.joneplustools android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS

6. To do this go back to Tool all in One and click "advanced options" click the bottom bar that says " open free terminal with adb and fastboot privileges." In the box that opens copy the command above and paste it and hit enter. Now if you can open joneplus tools.

7. In joneplus tools click the bar that says "import profile for tasker users. That will open a browser to a certain page. Click the green button that says "import". A window from tasker will open asking you to accept terms so hit "ok". When tasker opens click the check mark at the top right. On the next page do the same. Next it will ask if you want to learn how to create your first automation profile click "no".

8. Now you need to go back to the browser and click the "import" button again. It will then ask you if you are sure so click "yes". Do you want to enable click "yes". Run lauch task "restore call recorder" now? click "yes".

9. Open phone app and click the three dots in top right. Click settings. You will now see call recording at the top. Turn it on and you are good to go!!!

10. If you keep getting notifications from tasker choose the option to turn the off completely. You dont need or want them.

11. Turn off battery optimization on both apps.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: Technically you can turn on call recording by entering a single command but I DO NOT recommend it. If you want to try it just going to Tool all in one, clicking advanced options then opening the adb terminal and entering this command:
    adb shell settings put global op_voice_recording_supported_by_mcc 1

Then open phone settings and turn on call recording. HOWEVER, whenever your phone restarts you will have to go back into the tool and enter the command again. Thats what's great about tasker. If you follow the 11steps above when your phone restarts call recording will always be on.

You could also root your phone and change practically everything. but if you are like me the only feature I wanted that the phone didnt have was call recording

2. U1607436929258
    Cupcake Dec 8, 2020

U1607436929258 , Dec 8, 2020 :
    Thanks a lot!
    One last thing, where do I find the folder that restore all these recordings?

I'm using OnePlus6 / Android 10

3. sonny.haze
    Gingerbread Dec 9, 2020

sonny.haze , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Dec 9, 2020 :
    Internal Storage>Record >Phone Record.

4. R1599059866165
    Cupcake Jan 1, 2021

5. sonny.haze
    Gingerbread Jan 3, 2021

6. L1587064137674
    Donut May 12, 2021

7. L1587064137674
    Donut May 15, 2021

L1587064137674 , May 15, 2021 :
    Brilliant! I just did this on an OP 9 Pro running A11 with the 2021-05-01 Security Update and OOS 11.2.5.5.LE15AA right here in the USA. No longer need to root my phone to get this functionality which I need for work.

Note that I first downloaded and installed the OnePlus Phone/Dialer app referenced in this article:

https://piunikaweb.com/2021/01/06/o...atic-call-recorder-available-for-oxygenos-11/

and set is as default before following Sonny's instructions above. This whole thing only works if you use the OnePlus Phone/Dialer app.

Last edited: May 15, 2021