25 vote(s)
    52.1%
  2. Bad

23 vote(s)
    47.9%
  1. Tuaregchavez
    Eclair Nov 3, 2015

Tuaregchavez , Nov 3, 2015 :
    Personally i think it is a good idea, unlike other brands this one feels like it worth it, and you can really stand out and said to other people: hey here is my phone, sorry you can´t have one vip only ;):):D:rolleyes: haha just think about it

Rogel and nexus123 like this.
  2. nexus123
    Jelly Bean Nov 3, 2015

nexus123 , Nov 3, 2015 :
    That's a good way to look at it.
    Kind of like having the Ebola virus. You will really stand out. Other people will say "Hey, what is wrong with you!". And you can say " Ebola virus sorry™ you can't have it, VIP ". :eek:

3. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Nov 3, 2015

dsmonteiro , Nov 3, 2015 :
    I thought that design, specs and build quality were the things that mattered, but thanks for clearing that out!

pgidia, TheAhti, Tuaregchavez and 2 others like this.
  4. fawzanc
    Gingerbread Nov 3, 2015

fawzanc , Nov 3, 2015 :
    it's a marketing tactic to get you feeling that way. The 1st product was decent due to the features and cost. The 2nd isn't that incrementally great. You seem to get your satisfaction from the attention received from having the phone. It could be anything and you would like that exclusivity aspect.

Tuaregchavez likes this.
  5. AbeHaverkamp
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 3, 2015

AbeHaverkamp , Nov 3, 2015 :
    I always looked at it that way, for such an awesome phone it's worth the wait. I really like how quick they started rolling out oneplus X invites. I hoped this would also have happend with the Oneplus 2 launch :rolleyes:

Tuaregchavez likes this.
  6. Tuaregchavez
    Eclair Nov 3, 2015

Tuaregchavez , Nov 3, 2015 :
    well that is in the first place, if the device won't have it we will not having this discussion, but there are lots of competition on the market and in my point of view this invite stuff help oneplus to increase the hype

7. SeeminglyRandom
    Eclair Nov 3, 2015

SeeminglyRandom , Nov 3, 2015 :
    I don't know about OnePlus' production capacity, but if we assume that they'd probably want to sell as many units as possible as close to the product announcement (=peak of the hype) as possible, the invite-system would be the wrong way to do it.

The fact, that many people seem to be wanting to buy it but don't get an invite shows, that demand clearly outgrows the supply at the moment. So OnePlus can't serve as many people as they would like.

And rather than setting up a normal storefront with a red-lettered "sold out" plastered all over the place for the first couple of weeks, an invite system will add some flair of exclusivity and extra-hype. Giving people a "reserved place on the waiting list" is much more encouraging than having them stare at an "delivery time unknown"-product-page every now and again, wondering when your order might be fulfilled.

It's the same thing, really, but with a much more positive spin to it. Especially when coupled with the chance to improve your position in line by sharing the news via social networks etc. Essentially a "gamification" of a simple product order.

8. Papao
    KitKat Nov 3, 2015

Papao , Nov 3, 2015 :
    Almost everyone uses samsung or iphone or both......no matter i go....they never ask what phone are you using....:D:D:D

pgidia likes this.
  9. cboursinos
    Honeycomb Nov 3, 2015

cboursinos , Nov 3, 2015 :
    Do not send your phone to support.... It is the worst thing you can do. They will not do anything, and they will not answer to any of your questions.... THE WORST SUPPORT EVER

10. carlward71
    Gingerbread Nov 3, 2015

carlward71 , Nov 3, 2015 :
    Not that I want one because I am happy with my OPO but 300k on the reservation list since August and I still haven't received an invite. So I would say it's pretty bad

11. Rogel
    Cupcake Dec 30, 2015

Rogel , Dec 30, 2015 :
    one thing also would be great if they just limit the products produced. like what they did with the ceramic version of OPX. that way all OP products would be treated as a collectors item.

i hope invites won't be random though. maybe priority to OP users then a million more invites to new users. coz im pretty sure not all who get invites are buying OP.

limiting production, i hope would also mean greater customer service and after sales support. that way OP will have loyal and satisfied customers.

thanks.

12. Rogel
    Cupcake Dec 30, 2015

Rogel , Dec 30, 2015 :
    one thing also would be great if they just limit the products produced. like what they did with the ceramic version of OPX. that way all OP products would be treated as a collectors item.

i hope invites won't be random though. maybe priority to OP users then a million more invites to new users. coz im pretty sure not all who get invites are buying OP.

limiting production, i hope would also mean greater customer service and after sales support. that way OP will have loyal and satisfied customers.

thanks.

13. Deactivated User
    Dec 30, 2015

14. rmittal
    Donut Dec 30, 2015

rmittal , Dec 30, 2015 :
    I think the time has come when invite system hurts the company more than the consumer, If the product is good, people will want it and if there is invite you are unable to cash onto the demand quickly enough and by the time you are ready to meet the demand people may have other alternative and demand for your product automatically goes down.

15. Guidoce
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 30, 2015

Guidoce , Dec 30, 2015 :
    I think that the main reason is the production capacity of OP. Invites appears to be an exclusivity reason but in my opinion is a capacity reason. In Italy we had a similar experiment of a startup brand that wanted to emulate OP (in my opinion) and they sold out the first device in few hours letting some customers unsatisfied because they didn't get the chance to buy the phone. In one day that company got more angry followers than Lovers.

16. Keane007
    Gingerbread Dec 30, 2015

Keane007 , Dec 30, 2015 :
    It's only a good marketing tool IF most if not all inventories are available at time of purchase (i.e. activating invite). Other than that, not good at all when you can't optimize your purchase power.

17. 5star02707
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 30, 2015

5star02707 , Dec 30, 2015 :
    for a new company i would say it is good. They can only produce so much and they are relying on word of mouth :D