OnePlus fails again...

1. Shuller
    Jelly Bean Apr 1, 2016

Shuller , Apr 1, 2016 :
    well maybe some guys are close to IT and they do have a bit of understanding of how it's going on with development and things like that... however that's not an excuse... and the simple fact they cannot deliver at time their products is bad for them first of all...

Community is asking and if they do not see and try to excuse, defend, ignore... people are just gonna find another brand to drop their money...

it's all up to them... I personally decided not to get any other OP product...

Right now even Cyanogen is a bad product for me... and I will bring 1 fact...

Samsung allows for unrooted users to delete every app that is preinstalled and they don't like and Cyanogen started to add blootware...

nyzproof333 likes this.
  2. vinoth94
    Gingerbread Apr 1, 2016

vinoth94 , Apr 1, 2016 :
    "Cheated" Such a harsh word. Everyone got MM in Q1 as they promised. You will say Its 'Beta' so what Its the best build we all came across. Go with Iphone you will receive weekly update And they won't cheat you

3. Shuller
    Jelly Bean Apr 1, 2016

Shuller , Apr 1, 2016 :
    Everyone?? Are you sure?? How about guys who are not able to flash it (due their lack of knowledge)??

nyzproof333 likes this.
  4. nyzproof333
    KitKat Apr 1, 2016

5. stefan_ddorf
    Jelly Bean Apr 1, 2016

6. nyzproof333
    KitKat Apr 1, 2016

nyzproof333 , Apr 1, 2016 :
    So your saying that some manufacturers who released devices on or after August 2015 will never update their devices? Who? Please share.

7. Shuller
    Jelly Bean Apr 1, 2016

nyzproof333 likes this.
  8. pendy
    Gingerbread Apr 1, 2016

pendy , Apr 1, 2016 :
    Genuine question, who cares? No, we didn't get a stable version of MM, but we did get a beta. No, it's not perfect, there are a few bugs, but so far it's great. The bugs will be ironed out for the stable release which won't be too far away now.

And as for people "without knowledge to flash the beta" there's some incredibly easy to follow instructions on this forum, even for locked bootloader stock rom and recovery with no root users who don't want to lose their apps. Just follow the instructions.

nelsonningombam likes this.
  9. christiankorean
    Honeycomb Apr 1, 2016

10. matt_simpson
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 1, 2016

matt_simpson , Apr 1, 2016 :
    You are comparing oneplus to major players such as sony and htc where you can pretty much walk into any phone shop in the world and buy their products. One plus aren't as big. You should be comparing them to companies such as elephone and doogee, Granted they are bigger than those 2 but no where near the sizes of the major players so its no surprise that they are only slightly behind with an update, (even though they have released their most stable build yet).

gopinathr likes this.
  11. nyzproof333
    KitKat Apr 1, 2016

nyzproof333 , Apr 1, 2016 :
    This forum hovers around 1k to 2k people at a time and we know OP has sold well over 5 million devices since it's inception. What about those people who don't come back (the majority).

Bottom line is a Beta release is not a stable release via OTA....period.

12. asbondre
    Honeycomb Apr 1, 2016

asbondre , Apr 1, 2016 :
    I knew this woudl happen...thats why i ditched my OPT....their software support for OPT is really bad and i sincerely hope they clean their act up for the OP3 (if they at all release one this year).

P.S: I love my OPO. Still have it and use it proudly!

13. dsmonteiro
    Infamous Mastermind Staff Member Apr 1, 2016

dsmonteiro , Apr 1, 2016 :
    Actually it is, that's why unlocking the bootloader does not void the warranty and why OPO is one of the devices most supported by the Dev Community.
    I get your point. I do. But as you can see different people see things differently. It's not about defending them or making excuses.
    When I said mob mentality I was referring to torches and pitchforks just because some people seem to jump at OnePlus at the very first opportunity. No, they aren't perfect, yes, they have failed users more than once, but at least I see them trying to improve.

otto2, Jael Pendragon and nyzproof333 like this.
  14. Jitesh Saitawadekar
    KitKat Apr 1, 2016

15. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Apr 1, 2016

Dunnow , Apr 1, 2016 :
    or a computer, or internet connection, or whatever. Manually flashing it just not acceptable.

Shuller and mjpsammon like this.
  16. pendy
    Gingerbread Apr 1, 2016

pendy , Apr 1, 2016 :

Well then more fool the morons who don't ever visit the website of the phone they bought. No its not a stable release, but it's still MM and simple and easy to do. Get a grip on your life.

17. Mr. BG
    Welcoming Expert, Community Hero 2020 Community Expert Apr 1, 2016

Mr. BG , Apr 1, 2016 :
    H: It's bad, Oneplus sux.

F: No, it's all good, Oneplus rules!

H: stop making excuses, Oneplus sux!

F: stop hating, Oneplus rules!

H: stupid brainless Fanboy!

F: Mods, H. Calling me names!

H. **** ****

F: you ******* ******

Etc..

And it goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on...

And they lived unhappily ever after, constantly nagging each other, bashing each other's brains out.

Good luck on that.

By the way, the sun is shining, stop wasting your life.

rexron, Afc_lee70, ChrisTerp and 4 others like this.
  18. mjpsammon
    Honeycomb Apr 1, 2016

mjpsammon , Apr 1, 2016 :
    I agree, manually flashing is not acceptable. And did you see all those bootloop problems in Helen's thread?

And for the record, we users have all unwittingly become an extension of OP's QA group. OP is relying on their customers to report bugs. And they still haven't setup a proper bug tracking system yet.

19. julio.panchame
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 1, 2016

julio.panchame , Apr 1, 2016 :
    Actually i like OP make MM rom in beta instead of final, because this rom have bugs (very similar with the first release), but they need improve a lot the development department if the goal is make the differences an never settle, actually they are far far far away.

20. pendy
    Gingerbread Apr 1, 2016

pendy , Apr 1, 2016 :
    Hmmmm, oneplus want oneplus users to report bugs? What sorcery is this?? This can't be right, surely oneplus users have no right to report bugs hmmmm??