OnePlus Forum Guide For Cupcakes

1. funmunke Lollipop Jul 28, 2015

funmunke, Jul 28, 2015 :
    First off:
    [​IMG]

Now....

Okay cupcakes, listen up. We know all of you are excited about OnePlus's products. Some of you may also be excited about the new forum point system and raffles. That is not an excuse to spam up the forums with redundant and useless threads. Do our Moderators a favor and follow these simple guidelines.

(1) Before creating a new thread, ALWAYS click the search button (next to "Forums") and see if there are any similar threads.

(2) If you find a similar thread, post your comments in that thread. DO NOT create a new thread. If you do, it will get closed or merged with another thread and waste the moderators time.

[​IMG]

(3) Never start a thread asking when your phone is getting the next software release or an software patch to enable something (like VoLTE). Begging and complaining will not help! You'll get it when it's done!

[​IMG]

(4) Don't be creepy towards our female forum members. That will get you ignored, warned, or outright banned. No one likes a creeper. If you do not follow this rule, you will be on par with this guy. You really don't want that.

[​IMG]

(5) If you want to tag someone one use the @ sign and then their forum name (like @funmunke ), with no space. However, do not do this for no reason. If you tag someone, make sure you have a valid reason.

(6) DO NOT PM (private message - the envelope icon) people unless you have a good reason to do so. It's just rude. However, check this area out. This is how most invites are shared. If someone shares an invite they received, there is a good chance this is how you will get it.

(7) Get an avatar. You can use almost any jpeg, but don't be that creepy guy who uses a photo of a hot girl in the hopes of getting an invite. Pick something that represents you, as long as it's not offensive.

(8) If you like a post, click the like button at the bottom right of the post. It doesn't do much, but it's the friendly thing to do. It also shows your appreciation for something that you feel adds value to the discussion.

(9) If you want to respond to a post click the "reply" link. It's at the bottom right of the post. This does multiple things. First it quotes the post you are replying to. Second it notifies the original poster that someone replied to their post. If you do not use the reply link, do not expect a response.

(10) Never post your email address or other person information in a thread. It's okay to PM that info (see #6), but if you put it in a thread, a moderator will remove it.

(11) Since a lot of people ask, you can find out more about the ranking system here. For the record, it doesn't mean anything. It's just for fun.

That should get you going. Have fun and don't be a jerk. In short order you will move beyond being a cupcake and into a productive forum member. :)

UPDATES
    1/17/17 - removed information relating to invites.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017

2. funmunke Lollipop Jul 28, 2015

funmunke, Jul 28, 2015 :
    Here is some more useful info.

MODS

If you are feeling threatened or you find something to be offensive, please report it using the report button under a post or on the member profile. If done for the right reasons it helps the whole community. Here are a few.

@BrettPlusOne
    @Waterdroid
    @OALEXANDER

You can even tag OnePlus employees. You would not want to do this unless you have a valid reason to do so. You don't want to tag them for no reason or simply to say hello (then again maybe they'd like that). Here are a couple of OnePlus employees.

@Cat H
    @Pete

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2017

casual_mar, PA579, torleik and 147 others like this.
  3. Tobikage Marshmallow Jul 28, 2015

4. feluda KitKat Jul 28, 2015

feluda, Jul 28, 2015 :
    Just blaming the "cupcakes" doesn't make much sense. Many of the older members seem to be spamming with bogus threads a lot more than the newcomers.

5. funmunke Lollipop Jul 28, 2015

funmunke, Jul 28, 2015 :
    We should demote them to cupcakes :p

6. headphones1 Jelly Bean Jul 28, 2015

headphones1, Jul 28, 2015 :
    I can stand to your judgement!

Pin This!

EDIT: WOOT! pinned!

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015

7. funmunke Lollipop Jul 28, 2015

8. EpicSwirly Jul 28, 2015

9. headphones1 Jelly Bean Jul 28, 2015

headphones1, Jul 28, 2015 :
    hey, I started 2 (interesting in my opinion) off topic threads. that's enough for me.

P.S. we started on the same exact day and how are you Lollipop? holy junk!:p

10. KforHorizon Jelly Bean Jul 28, 2015

11. Kaizoku Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 28, 2015

Kaizoku, Jul 28, 2015 :
    I approve this. Good job mate!

12. deemuns Froyo Jul 28, 2015

13. KforHorizon Jelly Bean Jul 28, 2015

KforHorizon, Jul 28, 2015 :
    They are cupcakes at heart! <3 :p

14. pa5t1s Marshmallow Jul 28, 2015

pa5t1s, Jul 28, 2015 :
    +1 definitively.
    This spam is getting on my nerves as hours are passing...
    +1 for BAN too! This forum has rules: Follow them or GTFO!

JubaL_VW, Punk_69, kegansb and 16 others like this.
  15. funmunke Lollipop Jul 28, 2015

funmunke, Jul 28, 2015 :
    I think it's a good time to invest in the alcohol indrustry.

16. feluda KitKat Jul 28, 2015

feluda, Jul 28, 2015 :
    Maybe but have a lot worse attitude than cupcakes.

17. llldavey KitKat Jul 28, 2015

18. Tobikage Marshmallow Jul 28, 2015

Tobikage, Jul 28, 2015 :
    Atleast an official warning will do....3 warnings and a BAN is what it used to be even before I joined...MOD's don't even care to officially warn anyone anymore....I guess the Admin's want the forum to be 'Cupcake' friendly.:rolleyes:..

19. Linanc7 KitKat Jul 28, 2015

20. feluda KitKat Jul 28, 2015

feluda, Jul 28, 2015 :
    Thanks for not adding to the spam [​IMG] Well I spend quite a lot of time in various sections after work and everything else. [​IMG]