OnePlus Forums Mobile App

1. adlibitum
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 15, 2014

adlibitum , Feb 15, 2014 :
    Did the OnePlus Team have Forums Mobile project app ? Or the Forums desktop version is enough?

P.S.: By the way, do you agree, that it will be good for us to learn the latest news about OnePlus One in this Forum first, and then in different media. These days, there was an interview in one website, from which was almost clear the processor choice for OnePlus One. ("We will only use the best components available to power our devices. Currently, Qualcomm makes the best processors.") Small details, right? But everything big is made by small details.

2. Rob W
    Ice Cream Sandwich Community Expert Feb 15, 2014

Rob W , Feb 15, 2014 :
    I just want to add it to my TapaTalk list. Just need support for that and I'll be checking even more often from my phones.

And also I think very soon we'll need some forum pruning. Sub-forums and other sections besides the current "General Discussion" will be very helpful to keep everything organized and clear.

3. Adam Krisko
    KitKat Community Expert Feb 15, 2014

Adam Krisko , Feb 15, 2014 :
    A mobile app would be cool for the active users like us adlibitum. But let's let them worry about the phone and getting their office together first.. Maybe one of us with coding capabilities (unfortunately I'm not one of those, Although I'd like to learn..) can make a project out of it.:D

Noel and adlibitum like this.
  4. adlibitum
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 15, 2014

adlibitum , Feb 15, 2014 :
    Actually, I do prefer desktop versions of any websites. I like to browse in one UI layout from any device. I'm just curious about any additional projects. :)

:cool:

For that, I vote with two hands. :)

y4ng0 likes this.
  5. Noel
    Jelly Bean Feb 15, 2014

damian_44 likes this.
  6. Mark Falsing
    Jelly Bean Senior Moderator Feb 15, 2014

Mark Falsing , Feb 15, 2014 :
    An app would be cool for active members, but a desktop version is fine for me. For now I would like OnePlus to crank out one fantastic phone!

7. Sparkolo
    KitKat Community Expert Feb 15, 2014

Sparkolo , Feb 15, 2014 :
    I'd love a good app like OPPO Forums app, but it's not a priority. Do the important job first ;)

8. Rob W
    Ice Cream Sandwich Community Expert Feb 15, 2014

Rob W , Feb 15, 2014 :
    /slightly OT

I use Tapatalk for the Oppo forum. Do they have their own custom app? If so, is it different enough to justify using it over Tapatalk?

9. Carl
    Co-founder Staff Member Feb 16, 2014

Hige, Chinda, damian_44 and 4 others like this.
  10. infernowheels
    Jelly Bean Feb 16, 2014

infernowheels , Feb 16, 2014 :
    Glad to hear that, although I do hope my phone doesn't have problems running it ;)

11. Sparkolo
    KitKat Community Expert Feb 16, 2014

Sparkolo , Feb 16, 2014 :
    I do not use tapatalk :) I read forums in the evening at home, but having the forum about my phone on my phone is useful, since I can search solution if I have a problem ;)

12. Mark Falsing
    Jelly Bean Senior Moderator Feb 17, 2014

Mark Falsing , Feb 17, 2014 :
    Cool great to know! But like you say one step at a time. Focus on that beautiful phone you're going to create o_O

13. damian_44
    Honeycomb Apr 2, 2014

14. Deactivated User
    Apr 2, 2014

15. sainjoub
    Jelly Bean Apr 2, 2014

sainjoub , Apr 2, 2014 :
    I think that that is going to come soon, probably after the launch of April 23rd (at the moment too much occupied).

16. OneOver Zero
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 2, 2014

OneOver Zero , Apr 2, 2014 :
    What's the advantage of an app over using the forum in a browser? Actually the OnePlus forum is by far the best mobile experience I am aware of at the moment, in Chrome on Android there are absolutely no shortcomings compared to the desktop version and all functions are there. Most mobile sites or apps are just a joke and I just do not get why some sites just do not release a well written mobile site with all functions instead of coding porly designed apps that replicate the shortcomings of the mobile site or why they never reengineer their poorly written mobile sites/apps that are sometimes not really usable because so many functions of the desktop site are absent.

In short: This forum is so well implemented that it's working great on every device and formfactor for me. But it's nice to hear that OnePlus has the plan to release an app for those who prefer an app over the brower. At last this seems to be personal preference.

Chinda and HushH like this.
  17. HushH
    Froyo Apr 2, 2014

HushH , Apr 2, 2014 :
    Completely agree, the OnePlus forums are very easy to use from my mobile browser...better than quite a few forum apps actually.

PR0XiMA, Chinda and OneOver Zero like this.
  18. viraaj11
    Jelly Bean Community Expert Apr 2, 2014

viraaj11 , Apr 2, 2014 :
    As of now, I'm working on the app. Once it gets the new Tapatalk API I'll have just a little finishing to do since it is necessary. Don't want to boast, but it is cooler than the Tapatalk App :D

19. Deactivated User
    Apr 2, 2014