OnePlus GameBox: Stay at home and play games

1. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Apr 3, 2020

dsmonteiro , Apr 3, 2020 :
    GameBox.png

Hey friends,

We want to encourage everyone to stay at home – and what better way to do that than with a gaming-related giveaway? We know how crazy our Community is about gaming, so we prepared 8 giftboxes with something to help you hear more (can't tell you just yet, all will become clearer soon), play more (Warp Charge Bundle) and keep on playing (USD $50 or equivalent Google Play gift card). We are so excited about this giveaway, we even created this cool video:

Rather than giving it away randomly, we’re inviting you to be creative:

Tell us / Show us how a OnePlus game would be.

The topic is open-ended. You can write, sketch, design or build your own game. It can be a tabletop, card game or any kind of video game. The 8 most creative entries will win a giftbox. Be sure to enter your submission by April 13, 11:59PM HKT.

Rules:
    • Please follow the official terms and conditions and make sure your ideas/sketches/designs does not contain any illegal content or element.
    • Do not use any content or element that the designers do not own the lawful rights for or if it violates intellectual property rights.
    • Prizes can only be shipped to the North America, EU or India and Google Play gift cards can only be issued in USD/EUR/GBP/INR.
    • Contest is open until April 13, 11:59PM HKT and winners will be announced by April 15.

2. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Apr 13, 2020

Stickied Post
    dsmonteiro , Apr 13, 2020 :
    The entries are now closed, thank you to all of you that participated! We will now review the entries and announce the winners by April 15.

3. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Apr 15, 2020

Stickied Post
    dsmonteiro , Apr 15, 2020 :
    Hey everyone,

The winning entries have been chosen! Please join me in congratulating @Cheetosdust, @Batman360, @camohan, @PBhachu, @laiosg, @johneebee, @Viano A, @Overzee and @Dhruv Weaver. Since @Cheetosdust mentioned we didn't want to receive his prize, we chose a ninth winner.

We will be contacting all the winners shortly.

SWAPPYONE, script, Chinda and 27 others like this.
  4. mahtab1900
    Gingerbread Apr 3, 2020

mahtab1900 , via OnePlus 5T , Apr 3, 2020 :
    all right. my idea about play game with QR Code scanner.
    bunch of qr code hide at home in different place and family member of course player and search scan. every scan random point, loss, gift any thing. will awarded. this idea of game make home more funfull after lock down over we can implement a block a town or any level of city space as per requirement. i wish one day i will play this game along with my friends or worldwide. we also take it to the world a group of people hide qr code all over block. send link to the player or mini map for guide that little bit idea about qr code location.
    so that people play at home after lockdown in block. it help to two way there health improve and games is not boring.

5. AbhilashSaikia
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer Apr 3, 2020

6. Shivang Joshi
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Apr 3, 2020

Shivang Joshi , Apr 3, 2020 :
    Good luck to everyone participating in this! [​IMG]

7. caffeinePlease , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Apr 3, 2020 :
    I think it would be cool if you used geofencing to "tag" places/buildings/landmarks around your town with a "+1."

It'd be like sharing your favorite spots and hidden gems to share with your neighbors. Like, one of your favorite restaurants gets a spotlight because it's now "Burger Joint +1" with a cool photo.

Users get points for highlighting rare spots or new locations.

8. Venom_Striker5
    Cupcake Apr 3, 2020

Venom_Striker5 , Apr 3, 2020 :
    Well the game would be simple. It would of course be some type of racing game considering you guys are partners with McLaren so I feel like if we combine the two. You get a McLaren racing game! Not only will it have top notch graphics because we all know the OnePlus phones can handle anything! It will also have incredible gameplay as well! And maybe a competition where whoever wins first place in a challenging race wins a OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren Edition!

9. Cheetosdust

Cheetosdust , Apr 3, 2020 :
    One of the richest assets OnePlus has is its story, so for me a OnePlus game would have to be a play on that. The style, atmosphere, dynamic and even the gameplay mechanics are already set: something like Mountains did with Florence, an “interactive storybook”. You can see how it plays and how it looks on the video shared at the bottom of this message.

A chapter based structure would fulfill its purpose:
    • Chapter I - “O” - You play the beginning of it all, the little and humbling start.
    • Chapter II - “N” -You play the backstage of the invite system.
    • Chapter III - “E” - You play the preparation of a big product with little anecdotes.
    • Chapter IV - “P” - You play a regular day inside OnePlus Headquarters.
    • Chapter V - “L” - You play what the mass production of a product looks like.
    • Chapter VI - “U” - You play a heartfelt moment acknowledging a fallout to give it humanity.
    • Chapter VII - “S” - You play the lives of Pete and Carl before OnePlus and what lead to the company being founded.
    • Chapter VIII - “Z” - You play the unveiling of a product.
    But here’s the twist: it’s a multiple timeline structure. The chapters are not only telling the story as it happened, but also letting the players be part of the vision of how something can happen.

Chapter III, Chapter V and Chapter VIII are actually showing the players little hints about a new product they don’t know yet. The game ends with a memory: the protagonists remembering the biggest launches, getting on stage and unveiling a new, real product.

They, the players, should be confused and thinking about "what", "how" and "if". After the final credits roll, an epilogue with a little video/animation about said product, confirming some key details and an URL where people can learn more about it. The final message?

“We don’t play with your emotions. Introducing the all-new OnePlus Z, it’s real.”

Note to Staff: I don't want no box, so this message is disqualified by, well, me. Thanks for the thread, have nice weekend. And good luck to everyone who is going to participate. :cool:

10. O1585909891289
    Cupcake Apr 3, 2020

O1585909891289 , Apr 3, 2020 :
    Now the idea is that you could only say have around 5 jumps each level but none of these jumps are really ever required but instead it would focus on working with the environment to complete or get over obstacles. Some other features would include a roll ability as well as a little leap ability where you leap forward a little bit. The main focus is finding objects that can either make you jump high in the air or give you a boost to use your roll abilities or if you needed a leap ability to just make it to another platform. The jumps would mainly be used to make certain obstacles easier to get over or find hidden collectables only found when doing certain jumps to areas.

F1586076198912 and mahtab1900 like this.
  11. O1585909891289
    Cupcake Apr 3, 2020

O1585909891289 , Apr 3, 2020 :
    An open world racing game such as need for speed but with McLaren's and a map of the Oneplus Headquarters

12. the_o2
    User of the Year 2018 Apr 3, 2020

the_o2 , Apr 3, 2020 :
    BW3 ;)

Best wishes to all the participants :)

BTW what is the last date for this contest ?

13. Mr_Krunal
    Gingerbread Apr 3, 2020

F1586076198912 likes this.
  14. jeanclaudevitam
    Eclair Apr 3, 2020

jeanclaudevitam , Apr 3, 2020 :
    hello there,

my suggestion would be a simple jumping obstacles game with the speed of the scrolling increasing. It would have a Hz indicator and the speed would increase together with the Hz until it reaches 120Hz!!!

F1586076198912 likes this.
  15. Mr_Krunal
    Gingerbread Apr 3, 2020

Mr_Krunal , Apr 3, 2020 :
    Contest last date please

G_plusone and F1586076198912 like this.
  16. unconsciouss
    Cupcake Apr 3, 2020

unconsciouss , via OnePlus 6T , Apr 3, 2020 :
    Hello,
    this is my concept for OnePlus game.

Short description:
    This is a game for a whole family, so it should be playable for every gender and age.

This game would be played by each family member using a smartphone.

Multiplayer:
    People will connect through a home wifi as the game will be ran in the background process of each phone. So everyone will see who is connected to the game. tldr - it should be very easily be connected to play together.

Singlephone multiplayer:
    An arrow should appear and spin. Where the arrow is pointed, the person has to answer.

THE GAME:

The game will prove our knowledge skills from the recent virus outbreak, asking questions and each family member have 10 seconds to answer. The FASTEST one wins. Everyone must choose an option.

Example:
    How many people are recently infected by COVID in France/Norway/US? Which famous celebrity from the selection has been infected? etc.
    Survival questions: How to prevent corona virus, how is corona virus being spread - by aerosol, what is helpful to go out in this outbreak time - wear masks, glasses, gloves. What is the most helpful thing to do at home to prevent the virus - stay at home, wash hands.

The winning prize or losing price shall be chosen by the pre-defined selections:

Losers: Do 10 push-ups. Do 20 sit-ups. Plank for 30 seconds. Crunch ups. Wash all the dishes for one day. Clean up the apartment. Dance a selected trendy dances: the floss, etc.

Winners: Choose a family member or a random loser to do the job defined above.

This game will connect the family, makes us excercise, collect knowledge about safety in this time, also keep the OnePlus motto: The FASTEST one wins.

----

Technical info:

I know a family when playing games should have attention together, because everyone at home will just stare at their phones. So there will be a mode to have just one phone and register players by name. (It can be connected to TV a bluetooth speakers etc.). There would be an arrow and a button click to spin. For every turn a loser have to do the loser job or answered correctly, the player doesn't have to do any job.

Another mode is everyone can connect and answer their choices - this way would be the best to privately choose their selections.

This can also be played via web browser and sent to someone far a way to play together.

Points system:
    For every right answer a player gains 1 point.

Game screens:

- Home: Play remotely, Play with one device, Settings, About

After hitting play button:
    - Choose how many rounds.
    - Choose topics
    - Choose Price for loser.

In play mode:
    - Question appears in all screen mode, this could be a question, animation with speech, video. (This could be a marketing for 120Hz beautiful screen as the animation would be perfect)
    - Select your answer mode:
    4 big buttons to choose the correct answer.

Loser will be displayed and it will be chosen by a winner what the loser have to do:
    - Do housework
    - Do a funny dance
    - Do excercise
    - Let all members choose.

After each option an animation of a dance, excercise or a job will appear.

17. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Apr 3, 2020

G_plusone , Apr 3, 2020 :
    Both the Contest and This gift is intriguing ;)

18. Cheetosdust

Cheetosdust , Apr 3, 2020 :
    OnePlus knows the video games industry so well, they decided the members needed "Valve Time" to create their masterpieces. :cool::p

19. deepankur19 , via OnePlus 7 Pro Mirror Gray , Apr 3, 2020 :
    Okay, Here is my suggestion:

In general case the participation in the game is scarce due to complexity, time consuming and battery & Internet intensive nature of the game..

My vote goes to a time based dynamic Crossword once for each user which in turn is related to upcoming Oneplus 8 series or Oneplus in totality.

Here is one example i just created..

Why not target a 100% community participation,

Mind it Old is Gold
    1585912766933.jpg

20. ProfD277
    Cupcake Apr 3, 2020

ProfD277 , Apr 3, 2020 :
    My game idea is 'Juan +'

It's a dating simulator that has multiple chapters, each of them focussing on another character in the world.
    Chapter 1 could be 'Juan + Stacey', Chapter 2 could be 'Juan + Dave' etc.
    You get the point.

Every chapter you get to meet the person, talk to them and do activities as long as you want to.
    But, when you move on, you move on.

When you reach Chapter 10 you will have to pick which person you want to spend the rest of your life with.
    This Chapter is called 'Juan + His choice'.
    You grab the phone and call one of your dates and hope that you spent enough time together, because you can also have 1 phonecall.

Krishnatugave and F1586076198912 like this.
  21. Akshay Sonker
    Gingerbread Apr 3, 2020

Akshay Sonker , via OnePlus 6 , Apr 3, 2020 :
    Pen Fight
    Rules :
    1. Number of players depends on the size of desk or table.
    2. Put your pens on the desk or table.
    3. Then shoot another player's pen with your pen. As carom plays.
    4. The winner whose pen will be on the table till the last.

F1586076198912 and ToddMan like this.
  22. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Apr 3, 2020

camohan , Apr 3, 2020 :
    Still in school life?