OnePlus GameBox: Stay at home and play games

1. cdnfarmer
    Photography Expert Community Expert Apr 5, 2020

cdnfarmer , Apr 5, 2020 :
    Cool @YRJ ... Making virtual life a virtual game. 😉😁 Good idea.

YRJ likes this.
  2. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer Apr 5, 2020

YRJ , Apr 5, 2020 :
    Thnx CDN :D

3. Vignesh_chandz
    Honeycomb Apr 5, 2020

Vignesh_chandz , via OnePlus 6 , Apr 5, 2020 :
    Oneplus game, how should it be ?

Well OnePlus phones are Immersive, Exciting and an Experience using it.
    Now I know how OnePlus game would be.

While playing a OnePlus Game,

It should be Exiting to play
    It should be Immersive to play
    It should be An Experience after or during play

Right now standing on top of a tank here I see :

1586103742082.jpg

The height is exciting , the view is immersive and yes definitely an experience not to miss!
    I get this thought ! I want this view to continue and wouldn't want anyone to miss ! Yea thanks to the bird:

1586103795968.jpg

Here's my OnePlus game idea :
    Why not the game be entirely in the birds view perspective ? Yes.

Let's call it THE BIRD'S VIEW'MEN

Why the idea to bring every aspect of the game in Birds view perspective ?

This OnePlus game is developed keeping in mind the advantageous immersive display of the Oneplus phones , powerfull speakers and the huge possibilities of the Oneplus hardware. (Don't forget the fnatic mode). Taking advantage of OnePlus is all about the Oneplus game.

Game aspects :

The game is an open world setting modelled on India and other parts of the world.
    Projections of the place we play can be used to help design the city's road networks.
    It's a single player mode.
    It can be a multiple protagonist design.
    The shooting and driving mechanics and tightened the narrative's pacing and scope and it all depends on the CABLES ( YEA u heard it right)

Firstly , check out what I see when I am standing at the top of the tank.

1586103714697.jpg

1586103714558.jpg

Yes we can see cables going from and through walls. (It's blurred, because here I am trying to say the focused area is where I am standing and my motive is to grab the cable )

For more clear understanding,
    Let's dive into the GAME :

NAME OF THE GAME :

ONEPLUS's THE BIRD'S VIEW'MEN

WHY THIS NAME ?

THIS GAME IS DEVELOPED PURELY FROM THE BIRDS EYES OR FROM THE PERSPECTIVES OF A BIRD.

Here's my Sketch of Bangalore from Birds perspective : (took me 2hrs straight just for the map)

1586103917007.jpg

1586103917163.jpg

MEDIUM OF THE GAME :

THE PLAYER MOVES ON CABLES ONLY !

(Where is the cables ? from the sketch )

Here's it is. Stage 2 :

1586103969995.jpg

1586103970159.jpg

THE ENTIRE CITY IN WHICH THE PLAYER MOVES IS 3D MODELLED AND BROUGHT INTO THE BIRDS EYE PERSPECTIVE.
    AS A BIRD, LOOKING AT THE CITY FROM THE SKY CAN CLEARLY SHOW CABLES AROUND THE CITY. AS THE GAME BEGINS, THE PLAYER STARS FROM THE SKY BASE, AND START MOVING ON THE CABLES. SINCE ITS A STORY MODE THE PLAYER HAS TO FIGURE OUT THE REST.
    PRESENTING BIRD MAP, WHICH LOCATES THE PLAYER / CHARACTER WITH AN ARROW GUIDING THEM THROUGH LOCATIONS FOR VARIOUS MISSIONS. Stage 3 :

1586104099092.jpg

1586104392820.jpg

1586104099270.jpg

MOTIVE OF THE GAME :

TO CHASE CABLES & COMPLETE THE STORY. (THE STORY CANNOT BE REVEALED HERE, AS YOU GUYS SHOULD FIGURE IT OUT PLAYING )

GAME GENRE :

ACTION AND ADVENTURE.
    Aimed at an exciting Immersive experience competing with other story mode action adventure games like GTA and Tomb Rider.

GIST OF THE GAME :

ITS A STORY MODE, OPEN WORLD GAME WHERE THE PLAYER SEES EVERYTHING IN BIRDS VIEW. THE MOVING MEDIUMS ARE CABLES OR WIRES GOING THROUGH THE BUILDING.
    THE PLAYER CAN ENTER THE BUILDING ONLY FROM TOP.
    THE PLAYER CAN DRIVE AIRPLANES AND DRONES.
    WITH SPECIAL POWER UPS FLYING CARS. THE PLAYER CAN REACH THE GROUND ONLY AFTER CERTAIN LEVELS AND THATS LIMITED.
    BELOW LEFT CORNER IS A MAP GUIDING YOU TO VARIOUS PLACES FOR A MISSION TO BE ACHIEVED. FOR EXAMPLE IN MY SKETCH I PICTURED BANGALORE WHERE THERE'S A ONEPLUS STORE AND THE PLAYER CAN GO THROUGH ANY OF THE STORES TO BUY HIS SPECIAL POWERUPS ACCORDING TO THE GAME STORE.
    BELOW I HAVE SKETCHED A ONEPLUS STORE AND AN A-BIRD OFFICE BUILDING. Stage 4 :

1586104532041.jpg

1586106223630.jpg

THE CHARACTERS ARE SUBJECTED TO CUSTOMISATION BASED ON THE PLAYER. HERE BELOW THE CHARACTERS REPRESENTATIVE THAT THE CHARACTERS / PLAYERS CAN ONLY MOVE ON THE CABLES AND THE PLAYER SEES EVERYTHING FROM BIRD'S EYE. ( BIRD'S VIEW PERSPECTIVE )
    Stage 5 :

1586104706601.jpg

1586105117290.jpg

SPECIAL POWERUPS :

IN THIS GAME THE PLAYER CAN TAKE SPECIAL POWERUPS LIKE :

BOKEH MODE :

This mode can be purchased in the Oneplus store, where the player opts to buy it only from the store. Since this is a story mode the player is guided through the MAP to the desired places the player wants to go. With the BOKEH mode, the player can focus on particular property from a distance and use to call his birds to grab them.

BIRD CALL :

With Bird call , the player or hero have special communication to birds in the region he plays. For example, if the hero/player is in Australia he can have communicative capabilities with the bird KIWI. Similar as the player progresses to each regions he gain communication capabilities.

DRONE MODE :

Since everything is in the bird's eye, there is a special powerup called as Drone mode.
    In this mode the player has to go to a certain level and with drone mode he's able to scan a few kms right from the place he's standing.
    This drone mode is used scan the area for any threats and this power can only be activated for a period of 30 seconds. Not more than that.

DR. STRANGE MODE :

This is a part of the mission where the player has to find the drill to get into Dr. Strange mode. With this power , the player can port to any place he wishes on the map. For this , the player must collect the coins of transportation. In DR. Strange mode, the player strictly cannot touch roads and enter buildings.

HANG ON :

As the whole game is about clinging and walking on cables , theres this feature called HANG ON ! Here the player can opt to hang on cables instead of walking.
    In a mission, arrows are flinched at the player and this case the player has to hang on and dodge the Arrows.

PARAGLIDING AND PARACHUTES :

The player can use this only when the player is in the top most building in that city. The fun here is teh player has to find which is the tallest building in that area limited to 500m to get to experience a paraglide and parachute in the birds view.

BIRD BIKE ( MY FAV ) :
    To have access to the Bird bike one should attain the birds view to a maximum. Bird bikes are limited to every players profile and are subjected to customisation. Why walk the cables when you can Bird bike ride the cables !

GAME SUPPORTED FEATURE/SPECIFICATIONS :

The game will support high refresh rate as immersive experience is just not compromisable.

60/90/120 Hz refreh rate support.

Supports OnePlus TV with the latest Oxygen Update.
    If you feel your phone is too small simply connect to OnePlus tv and convert your OnePlus phone to a full functioning controller.

Supports super high res audio. Imagine you can hear the whole city under you , and what if I say you can hear winds like never before.
    *All naturally recorded to make you feel ur presence with the game.

Supports VR.
    Note: Kindly be in a closed room as with VR you are about to experience the whole city under you. Since you will be taking the character and walk on cables , a closed room is advisable for safety concerns.

Social media login support :
    Having an important work while playing the game ? With Socil media or OnePlus Acc login your game is saved right when you start playing.

Continuity support :
    Your friend couldn't see you play in ur phone ? No issues , connect to OnePlus tv and voila a bigger screen to get ur frnds immersed.

Community exclusive :
    Already existing Community members will get a customised BIRD BIKE.
    Raffle points to be included for daily based events.

GAMEPLAY / STORY

As The Bird's View'men is an action and adventuregame, there's plenty of combat, many environmental puzzles and lots of characters to interact with. The plot should be good and sure there are so many twists and turns, which give your actions some meaning and purpose. It will be a curious and a daring experience watching everything in birds view. The game goes through Night and Day , and the player is all on top of cables guiding and chasing the story. The story goes on how the player wishes to end.
    This OnePlus's The Bird's View'Men game will not disappoint the ones looking for brilliant Sound quality and Visual Quality. It's aimed at high levels of Immersion, Excitement and an Experience. "Wanting to come back" is the best compliment to any result, and thats how an OnePlus game should be.

WHOLE STORY SHORT:

Game: OnePlus's The Bird's View'Men

Game Logo: ∞ (if seen upward its 8, if you know what I mean!) The Infinity symbol represents 2 eyes ( BIRD EYES )

Platform: OxygenOS

Genre: Action/Adventure

Developer: Vignesh with OnePlus community

Publisher: OnePlus

Note: Thanks @dsmonteiro and the Oneplus community @Zach X. @Dresa91 @Crystal Z. @Manu J. @Trista W. for giving this opportunity to express my creativity and my thoughts on how the Oneplus game should shape up. Took a long time to finish my sketching but enjoyed every bit !
    I have to first submit all the photos in the community app and then edit in the browser to add text due to image compression issues. Maybe you might have seen my text a little late. Sorry for the inconveniences.

1586108179640.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 6, 2020

4. G1586107822159
    Cupcake Apr 5, 2020

G1586107822159 , Apr 5, 2020 :
    It's nice #stay home stay safe varata^°

5. Muralidharan.V
    Eclair Apr 5, 2020

6. SazwanFaraas
    Cupcake Apr 5, 2020

SazwanFaraas , Apr 5, 2020 :

7. th3sprad , via OnePlus Community App , Apr 5, 2020 :
    Alright. It would be an app sort of like tinder but for gamers. Not for gamers to hook up but to find squad mates. I'm part of a few Facebook groups and the biggest problem I have is waiting for post approval. The app would only show people that were online playing the game you were at the moment. When you sign up you select the games you play and when you sign in you pick the game your playing so you're not paired with people not playing the game you are. When you sign up and select your games you then set up a bio based on the games you've selected. Each selection will add a new slot to fill out on your bio this way you don't have to constantly explain your role or what characters you play. You can select if you use mic or not, set your time zone, and whatever other important things you would need. So after logging in, selecting the game you want to play you select a subcategory of what kind of squad mates or partner your looking for in a game. You then go through people one by one tinder style unless that's trademarked then find a different way or loophole. This let's you get to know a little about the person on a personal level as well to know if it's the kind of personality you want to play with. The only way to get a gamertag from the person would be to request it and receive it from the person themselves. Maybe mic chat abilities within the app as well?

Deactivated User likes this.
  8. Akshaycann
    Eclair Apr 5, 2020

9. JazzJey
    Cupcake Apr 5, 2020

10. PBhachu
    Froyo Apr 5, 2020

11. O1577253715023
    Cupcake Apr 5, 2020

12. Ovais011
    Froyo Apr 5, 2020

Ovais011 , via OnePlus 7 , Apr 5, 2020 :
    Literally, I was waiting for such a beautiful thing from OnePlus.

The game is a best idea for me. I would go with the trademark color of OnePlus. I would like to have the Logo of the game with Red Color and the game should be a "Maclaren Car Racing". It should be multiplayer game with online competitions. The car color options should include Red, Orange, Yellow and the most expensive car should be a Rainbow Car which includes all the RAINBOW colors.

There should be prices at the end of competitions. I bet this idea is not a bad one.
    Lemme know if it sounds good.
    Thank you.[e]1f44d[/e] Wish you all the best.

13. B1583960128879
    Cupcake Apr 5, 2020

14. G1586117727400 , via OnePlus Community App , Apr 5, 2020 :
    my opinion is something to be great first of all I have 2 ideas the one is story mode and another one is battle royal mode

THE STORY MODE:
    A historical story game . An ancient innovation .in ancient periods how the people were survived with their technology and stuffs.how r they evolved into nowadays technology.these all are studied by future kid from (2080)
    who arrived with his time machine to read all this for his school report.

BATTLE ROYAL:
    Every people in the world using mobile must to be play this game.the content should be compete with each and everyone who has that game in their mobile.After a long time ago a neuclear disaster made in a forest named as zorozia.that diaaster made the forest un usual place . the animals and snakes were so ferocious. The players should land on the forest .they make their own wepons to survive their as soon as possible. this is 30 min match.every 6 min once the land will slide on any random areas like zone after the six minutes .every time the zone ended animals attack the players they defend them with what they got . the items are
    wood,ropes,stones and consumables like herbs to fill health,fruits are used to boost .and fire made by stones
    the animals are sensitive for fires if u killed animals by ur weapons made by wood and stones u will get points . each animal has a few points no.1 tigo the tiger -120 2.seew the snake [e]1f40d[/e]-40 3.pullingo-20 pullingo is nothing but zombies
    at the end who got more points they will be the winner.this game has is own ranking system

15. laiosg
    Gingerbread Apr 5, 2020

laiosg , Apr 5, 2020 :
    EDIT:
    The link to the game is now dead because my hosting limit expired. Thanks for trying it out!
    Of course, I can re-upload it if anyone would like that, but for now I chose not to.

END OF EDIT

Here's my suggestion! Or should I say... here's the actual game?

[​IMG]
    Introducing the OnePlus Workshop!

The workshop is a little game I designed that helps simulate how owning your very own phone company works!

You start as the new owner of the -never heard before- OnePlus phone company. Now it's up to you to use the few funds you receive to finance your ambitious phone making projects!

Design new phones, including changing their appearance, color, features, and more! Use marketing techniques such as advertisements and pay influencers to promote them on social media! Sell these phones to earn more money to create even better, even flashier, and even more awesome devices!

[​IMG][​IMG]

Upgrade the version of OxygenOS used in your devices and make your phones even more desired!

This sounds overwhelming, I know...
    Don't worry though... You're not alone!
    Your trusty secretary, Jane, is here to guide you through the process. But there really is no point to introducing her... you'll meet her yourself soon anyway!

How is that, you ask?
    Well... I might have forgotten to mention that this isn't simply a concept!
    I'm proud to present a full game that is playable right here, in your very own browser! It also stores your progress here, so as long as you don't erase your cookies, you can continue your ventures into the marketing world from where you left off!

I submitted this really late because it took me a lot of time to create it, and I had to find time among my other responsibilities to bring this project to life!
    Many hours and many sleepless nights later, it's here :p

So how can you give it a try?
    Just click HERE to jump right into the action!
    EDIT: Link is now dead, contact me if you want me to re-upload the game though! END OF EDIT

I hope you enjoy playing this as much as I enjoyed creating it for you!

So, without further ado, welcome, one and all, to the OnePlus Workshop!

Stay safe with the quarantine and all <3

The OnePlus branding used in-game does not belong to me, of course. Other assets used in-game that have not been created by me are royalty free, meaning I can use them for my project freely as long as they are credited, and they also credited in-game.
    Made by laiosg for the GameBox contest in April 2020.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2020

16. Joel B
    Honeycomb Apr 6, 2020

Joel B , Apr 6, 2020 :
    boxart.png
    Settled in space

“Settled in space” will be an online multiplayer sandboxadventure game where OnePlus community members are stranded on a planet and get paired together in groups of 6 with the goals of mining resources, creating tools and structures and finding out what happened to them along the way. Gameplay will be roughly similar to games like subnautica and astroneer (in that you're on a different planet and have to collect recources). The game teaches the player how phones are made and brings them along the journey of the discovery and creation of everything that was necessary to reach the point of creating a phone.

The game will be played on the newest version of the OnePlus loop Vr, a new more comfortable headset in which you can insert your OnePlus device that will give the player a new more immersive feel of actually being in a different world. The headset will come with a set of joysticks for each hand which the player can use to interact with the world around him.

The game will use OnePlus’s latest instant translation technology to help community members from all over the world communicate with each other in their own preferred language and have it instantly translated, bringing people from all over the world together.

Plot:

The game starts with the player waking on up on a planet with no idea how they got to place they are. You’re wearing a spacesuit and next to you is a special device shaped like a glowing red plus. Once you pick it up and place it in a plus shaped hole on your suit you see tons of text in the air, your helmet is a display!

“ one...plus assembly collected”, “main goal.. create long range communication device to get in contact with transport!!!”, “ connecting to community…instant translation activated”, “ first objective: collect necessary material..”

Suddenly you hear 5 other voices, they’re all just as confused as you are and in the exact same situation with the only difference being that their helmet shows a different current objective but the same main objective and they’ve been dropped somewhere else.

Now as you can imagine creating a communication device from scratch on a planet with no other civilisation who created the necessary technology is difficult.. but possible!

roadmap.png
    Here’s the simplified roadmap the players will have to follow to eventually reach the goal of creating their communication device to reach the transport and get closer to finding out the mistery to how they got where they are and get rescued..or not?

Players will get objectives with an AI giving them an explanation like for example:

Step 1: Gather Calcium corbanate:

Calcium carbonate (CaCO3) is a common substance found in rocks, pearls, and shells. Commen ways to collect it is by crushing seashells and seaweed found on the beach into a fine powder.

Description and uses

1. Agriculture: Calcium carbonate powder can be combined with dirt to blow away hydrogen ions and "upgrade" soil, that is, reduce the acidity of soil so it can support crop growth better.
    2. Construction: Cooking calcium carbonate with sand creates mortar, a simple building material.
    3. Soap: Calcium carbonate collected from seaweed can be combined with oil to create soap. Hygiene in a world without medicine is key to survival.
    4. Calcium carbonate has numerous other applications, including the purification of iron, chalk, and adhesives.
    For clarification a screenshot of how this would look like in game while wearing the VR-headset:
    screenshot 1.png

Like you can guess the next step will be to use the calcium carbonate to create mortar to create a shelter (to protect against the harsh environment and the dangers that lurk on the planet) and many other materials that will be necessary to finally reach the end goal of creating a cell phone and surviving!

Last edited: Apr 8, 2020

17. AustinRGarcia , via OnePlus Community App , Apr 6, 2020 :
    Hey OnePlus community! I'm a newbie here but I'm definitely no newb to gaming haha I've played from as old as the Nintendo 64 up to the PS4 and Xbox One X. I love open world games. A good Grand Theft Auto alternative on Android is Gangstar: New Orleans. I love the Legend of Zelda with is puzzles and it's sword fighting amazing adventure game. Is OnePlus coming out with a console or a game to play? I apologise though I'm confused, didn't read everything...kinda just skimmed and wanted to join in

18. AustinRGarcia , via OnePlus Community App , Apr 6, 2020 :
    haha maybe custom GTA alternative and the main characters phone is a OnePlus phone :p I remember the good ole gaming days with mods and in Grand Theft Auto the phone is a useful feature to pull up certain things, browse the in-game internet, dial 911... etc, etc

I've played watch dog 1 and 2 and it's a cool game where the main character is a hacker and uses his phone to control parts of the city running on City OS...like hack the street lights and make cars crash into each other.

I've also played ALL of Saints Row. 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 Gat out of hell. I beat the hell out of all 5 haha but they use an in-game phone too where you can dial special numbers and enter cheats..etc, etc

19. HARI JINX
    Cupcake Apr 6, 2020

HARI JINX , Apr 6, 2020 :
    hi,
    I am here with two concepts.
    1)GYROSCOPE : It makes you go insane instead of taping the screen.So how about complete gyroscopic controls in a game.We have all used to the pencil box in our school days.Thats the idea balancing the ball and reach the target.
    2)TONGUE TWISTERS:A game with series of tongue twisters and compete with your friends and families to repeat it in a record time,the person who repeat it with lesser time is the winner.

Attached Files:

mahtab1900 and AustinRGarcia like this.