OnePlus GameBox: Stay at home and play games

1. Kirtik Singh
    Donut Apr 3, 2020

Kirtik Singh , Apr 3, 2020 :
    My major idea is developing a game with McLaren which provides 120Hz or atleast 90Hz of graphics, as real as it can be and push the power of the SD865 series in the oneplus 8 series. The game can have graphics like the current Asphalt 9 series has, but developed a bit more naturally and more intensive so that it can push out frame rates along with being as true to world as it can get. It can have All the collection of Mclaren cars from the very start, like the F1 to the last ones.

F1586076198912 likes this.
  2. H1581955588816
    Cupcake Apr 3, 2020

H1581955588816 , Apr 3, 2020 :
    Hii everybody ..
    I think the gaming should be an adventure game with limited Storage that we should play with our OnePlus Community....

3. lars_dr
    Eclair Apr 3, 2020

lars_dr , via OnePlus 6 , Apr 3, 2020 :
    I would imagine an OnePlus game to be very interactive, since you are always very interactive with your users. The game would look something like this:

An app that let's users take and upload photos of famous sites in a country. When another user, that is not originally from that country, visits the site the photo was taken, you can meet up with the person who took the Pic!

He or she can maybe tell you about the site, and you can have a coffee together after, or stay for dinner. Whatever floats your boat.

I think this would lead to some very interesting conversations about the country you are visiting. You also get to meet a fellow OnePlus owner from maybe even another part of the planet!

5. KingTroopa
    Cupcake Apr 3, 2020

KingTroopa , Apr 3, 2020 :
    All right, imagine this

A dungeon crawler on rails. You start as a lowly adventurer going in that constantly moves forward or across the screen. When you run into a "monster or bad guy", A math prompt pops up. Basic addition. 4+6, 3+7, 1+8, etc. You are given the numbers as answers you can press. There will be a decreasing bar acting as the timer to answer the question. Each time you get the math prompt right you dish an attack but will also be getting hurt the longer you take. As you play more, the timer gets shorter with tougher monsters and hp. You will get stronger in XP to have points to put into HP and skills such as decreasing the amount of answer prompts to the basic math questions. Eventually you will be speeding through the battles having to do the basic addition at lightning speeds to fight bosses and such. Call it "Oneplus+8: Quick Maths"

7. chiraggohil
    Gingerbread Apr 3, 2020

8. suhantm
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 3, 2020

9. AbhilashSaikia
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer Apr 3, 2020

10. AbhilashSaikia
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer Apr 3, 2020

AbhilashSaikia , Apr 3, 2020 :
    Hey, this isn't the right thread to talk about this. Can you please head to the General Support area for your phone?
    Also, please DM me to know the steps on how to report the issue.

Helder_DAlmeida likes this.
  11. Mardok
    Cupcake Apr 3, 2020

Mardok , Apr 3, 2020 :
    I would like to see more FPV games where you can use your phone with a pair of FPV goggles like the ones that one plus gave away a few years back. For me the perfect game would be a Mario Kart / Revolt style game where you drive and RC car with a mounted camera on top on a race track and using augmented reality you would gain power ups and such. The A+ display and specs of the oneplus 8 would make this a so much better experience.

12. chiraggohil
    Gingerbread Apr 3, 2020

13. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Apr 3, 2020

dsmonteiro , Apr 3, 2020 :
    Hi there, if you are facing issues, you should contact support, not post it in a contest thread. This is not the best place to ask for help.

Still, what you describe on your previous post does not seem like an issue. It's normal for a phone to generate heat while playing demanding games. If you feel like it's heating up more than normal, you should contact customer support for troubleshooting.

14. gaster
    Lollipop Moderator Apr 3, 2020

gaster , Apr 3, 2020 :
    Nice idea David. Well done with this. Good luck for the participants. I am here to try your games/ideas anytime ;)

15. valdmr
    Froyo Apr 3, 2020

valdmr , Apr 3, 2020 :
    OnePlus GameBox is a mobile game with real-life elements!

The game contains 10 levels. Each level is harder than the previous one. Every level contains a text, picture or video. It is just a hint to an answer. The fun part is searching for the answers. To go to the next level you need to interact with other players. How to find them? Everything is in the clue. Other players have another hint than you and they have an answer to your question. To win the whole game you need to interact with a lot of other players. You can win only by helping others and getting help from them. The game tests your knowledge, internet, and social skills.

Use the best strategy by helping the right people and win the OnePlus GameBox!

One of the levels would look like this:
    [​IMG]

16. Flame_alchemist
    Cupcake Apr 3, 2020

17. AbhiPrhr1997
    Cupcake Apr 3, 2020

AbhiPrhr1997 , Apr 3, 2020 :
    Ok so my idea of oneplus game-
    It is a basic mathematics based game for mobiles. The game is all about how fast you can calculate.
    Players can make a group and then the app would present a random number(lets say A)to the players(everybody in the group getting the same number).
    Now that number given would be a sum and multiplication of few numbers(z,x,y etc)(1-9 for easy, 10-99 moderate, decimals and natural numbers for legend :D)
    Each player has to arrange "X"(multiplication sign) and "+" (addition sign) in between those z,x,y's to form the final number A. The first one to do that wins.
    prerequisite- basic knowledge about BODMAS :D

(the X and + can represent oneplus logo, to make it a oneplus game :) )
    eg-
    1_5_0.4_2=4 ( 1X5X0.4+2)

18. MumbaiTiger
    Cupcake Apr 3, 2020

MumbaiTiger , Apr 3, 2020 :
    Well then here are my 2 cents in regards to the OnePlus Gamebox

1. Either it is a mobile ganing console which can be hooked to any Smart TV to play games directly or stream it via the mobile device, controllers may be included or the games can be controlled using the OnePlus mobile device.
    2. May include some special games only intended for OnePlus users.
    3. Or this can be a VR Headset complete with Stereo Headphones / Speakers (Or maybe can connect to OnePlus Bullet Wireless Earphones), including a Bluetooth remote with its own power source for longer gaming time.

That's all I can think of at this moment.

May the best entry win. All the best everyone, take care, be safe.

19. Leonard M
    Cupcake Apr 3, 2020

Leonard M , Apr 3, 2020 :
    My game is called: “One Beat

The game is a top down Arena Shooter. Its always a 1 vs. 1 against a bot or a real human player.

The idea of the game is that you have a music running in the background with a recognizable beat. You can only shoot if you press the shoot button on the beat.

The twist is that you can't actually see the enemy you can only hear his footsteps and the music is slightly increasing in volume if you look in the direction of the enemy, you can say it's a bit like the Hot and Cold game.

Because of that the game represents the slogan “hear more” and is best played with headphones or stereo speaker like ones on the One Plus 7T PRO.

The game should look similar to this:

IMG_0058.PNG
    The player model should represent a person who is holding a speaker in front of him. You should see that the plyer model is representing the One Plus logo.

The graphics are on the simpler side, so you can see what is going on even if you are sitting in the bus and the phone is shaking.
    But to use all the graphic power of the modern One Plus phones the glow and shooting beam should do beautiful reflections on the ground and on the player model.

Edit:
    I think it would be better if the number of remaining lives in the player model/ One Plus logo is an ammo counter. This way you can't spam the shooting button and if you want to shoot you must be sure that you press the button on the beat. Further you want to be sure that the enemy is in front of you so you don't waste any “bullets”.
    The balancing, how many “bullets” every player has, needs to be figured out in the testing stage of the game. Also, an implementation to regain ammo if you don't have any left is needed.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2020

20. K1585926099930
    Cupcake Apr 3, 2020