OnePlus GameBox: Stay at home and play games

1. petiantal
    Cupcake Apr 12, 2020

petiantal , Apr 12, 2020 :
    I think that the first OnePlus game should be an AR game, because AR is something innovative but we have not so much good and/or popular game with it(, with the exception of the map-related games like Pokémon Go or Minecraft World, but these games are not so usable now in this quarantine situation)
    For example: something like an AR tower defense would be good. Where you can build something on a flat surface (fighting phones or something random and funny :D but it can be also a normal war game with nice graphics), and than you can defense it with the modules that you used. And you can also attack the another online players's creations. And if you win a battle, you will receive something that will make your building stronger. Because of AR, these battles could be in our living room's floor, or on a table. It would be fun, you can play with your friends online, and so on

(I didn't read all the comments so I hope that I'm first with this AR tower defense game idea 😅)

2. laiosg
    Gingerbread Apr 12, 2020

laiosg , Apr 12, 2020 :

🡅 Click to expand! 🡅

Just added my entry!
    I hope you don't mind me tagging you, @dsmonteiro
    Introducing... the
    fully interactive OnePlus workshop!

Manage OnePlus, design new phones, promote and sell them, be the boss of yourself!
    What else could you want? :cool:

This took a lot of time to create so I am definitely open to any feedback you might have!
    Thanks in advance!

Last edited: Apr 13, 2020

akhi_11 and dsmonteiro like this.
  3. Chinda
    Jelly Bean Apr 12, 2020

Chinda , Apr 12, 2020 :
    Nice effort, sometimes the simpler looking games are the best on a smartphone. I could actually see myself playing a game like that one my phone.

thechacek likes this.
  4. thechacek
    Eclair Apr 12, 2020

thechacek , via OnePlus 5 , Apr 12, 2020 :
    Thank you so much! And I agree... I am not someone who would play something like Call of Duty or Fortnite of the phone, but I love interesting, like out of the box puzzles that I can play for a short time that I am waiting for something or just feeling bored.
    I might even develope a complete game out of this concept.

5. Kenneth Harkness
    Cupcake Apr 13, 2020

Kenneth Harkness , Apr 13, 2020 :
    My idea for a game is not unique. Why not stay with what is successful. A Battle Royal game is the way to go. I play a few such as Pubg Mobile, C. O. D. Mobile and Cyber Hunter just to name a few. My take would be to keep it symple but competitive with other Battle Royal Games. Some of the issues with these other games is that they make it extremely expensive to get the gun skins, player skins and even the vehicle skins. After speaking with different players from all over the world, a lot refuse to spend money on the game. I am not saying make everything completely free, that is not business smart. But make things cost efficient and better odds of winnings the things people want. With the same game concept, but with a different business approach, i believe that more players around the world would download and play. I know that my circle of gamers and also my sons circle of gamers share this idea. I for one would love to see the mobile gaming platform grow bigger then it already is.
    Thank you,
    Ken Harkness

6. brian.sedore
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 13, 2020

brian.sedore , Apr 13, 2020 :
    During this time where we are encouraged to stay at home, why not have a game where we all have to be on the platform we all currently own? Sure, a board game, electronic, or card game would be nice, but we would have to go out and get it. So set up a game in the Community.

Details could be altered of course, but I was thinking some kind of mystery/scavenger hunt type of game within the Community where we need to find a hidden webpage that could only be found using clues from OnePlus insiders' posts. Within their posts, they make reference to another page where it would bring you to the next clue. For each secret found, you receive +1. The last clue could be telling you where to click in a cryptic way on a different page (for example, on a OnePlus staff member's page). On this page, the location could be referred to and the button would be invisible and only found by hovering your mouse over it to reveal it is a link. The end result could give users a special title on the Community.

Ok, maybe not the best reward, but winning most games doesn't really give you anything. So why not have fun by hiding things around the Community and having a virtual scavenger hunt? This may also lend itself to a contest, but since we're talking about games, I thought I would throw this idea in the ring.

7. Dr.Deepak Prasad
    Cupcake Apr 13, 2020

Dr.Deepak Prasad , via OnePlus 6 , Apr 13, 2020 :
    A game where the protagonist is a spirit possessing people."

"Basically, it's as follows: You can possess other people, and you immediately can use any of their abilities/powers (that is, possess a soldier and you'll use their weapons, possess an old lady and you'll have to walk slowly)."

"The key of the game is you can only spend so much time controlling the same person until they start to struggle and fight back. They eventually kill themselves, leaving you without a body, and you can only survive a short amount of time without being inside someone. As the game progress[es], the enemies will know about you and your powers, so you will have to act as the person you are controlling so the rest of the people don't know that he's possessed."

"For example, if you are discovered and some soldiers attack you, you can take the body of that soldier and keep attacking and going after the guy you were possessing before. Then, you can go back to base with the soldiers and start a big mess from the inside."

8. iharshjjain
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 13, 2020

9. W1559824507818 , via OnePlus Community App , Apr 13, 2020 :
    all righty I have a simple Idea about a game, so you should create a game which have some action, shooting and obviously some racing (horror is optional because it's fully depends on the story line).as our young generation like such games like pubg, Asphalt 9, hitman, takken , mortal Kombat, resident evil series, DMC series, and so on.well I always have a dream that our favourite android phone company (OnePlus) should launch there own console which is better than xbox and sony playstations and VR (no matter what it will cost because everyone should invest his/her money in the thing which will worth the money). coming back to the topic you should make a game which have so many missions related shooting, racing, action, etc (best example GTA series). so best of luck OnePlus because we believe that you can do better to create the game and game story. And ya don't forget about graphics because graphics matter a lot.
    thank you
    (by the way sorry if my english is wrong somewhere)
    best of luck.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2020

10. Hubdat
    Eclair Apr 13, 2020

Hubdat , Apr 13, 2020 :
    Never Settle Force

Never Settle Force, is a mobile game that has a slice of life theme revolving around working for OnePlus. As a huge fan of OnePlus I've always wondered how it would be like to work for OnePlus. Fun fact, I even applied for OnePlus before! The idea behind this game is that you start off as a character who climbs up the OnePlus corporate ladder. As you are working throughout this game you embrace the OnePlus motto of "Never Settle" and you won't settle until you make it to the top. Make it to the top and be like Pete Lau!

When you enter into the game you can choose your game character and have a few customizations for gender, hair, clothes, and etc. The first task you'll have in the game is to interview at OnePlus for the entry level intern position. This will be a simple trivia like interview that will composed of basic facts about OnePlus. Example questions would be: Who is the CEO of OnePlus? What was the first color/model of OnePlus's phone. Once you pass the interview you'll begin your first position at the company as an intern! Welcome to the OnePlus family.

As an intern you'll be doing some basic tasks such as filing paperwork, doing coffee runs, helping out with office tasks, and more. By completing these tasks you'll gain experience which will contribute to your promotion chances. As your promotion chance, measured by a percentage, increases you can try to to get a promotion. You can technically try to be promoted with any promotion percentage, but the higher it is the better luck you'll have. If you fail to get promoted you'll start back off at 0% but if you succeed you'll move onto the next position. This is the general gist of how you'll be moving up in the game. If you are promoted from an intern you'll be a general employee next. With each job promotion you'll be doing more difficult tasks and trying to increase your promotion chances. In your new role as a general employee you could be doing things such as planning office events, managing the intern, scheduling business meetings, and more. When completing these tasks there might be a chance you'll do a poor job so your promotion chance might decrease. In the game, there could also be events where you do a special task and gain more experience to increase your promotion chance. Keep on working hard to get those next promotions!

Hopefully this gives you an idea of the basics of the game. The possible job promotions could follow this path: intern -> general employee -> community manager -> software engineer -> product manager -> vice president -> CEO! Your goal is to complete the tasks for each position to gain experience and try to make your way to the top! Never settling at each and every step.

The possible tasks for the next roles could follow as so:
    Community manager: Managing the forums, running a contest, organizing an in-person meetup, running social media accounts
    Software engineer: Moving to the next Android version, updating a new security patch, fixing bugs, adding a new feature (Always on Display)
    Product Manager: Designing the next OnePlus Phone, coming up with the next features, managing the roadmaps, researching into new build materials
    Vice President: Managing the company financials, meeting business partners, checking on the factories, approving new features
    CEO: Doing an all hands, giving the phone release keynotes, opening new offices, overseeing all projects

As a huge OnePlus fan, I feel like this would be a fun experience to play through while embracing the Never Settle way.

11. Emaan Ashraf
    Cupcake Apr 13, 2020

Emaan Ashraf , Apr 13, 2020 :
    My Game is going to be a AI demanding game.
    So basically the game is gonne be based on oneplus company.The game should be implemented with all the stastics of the smartphone industry from last decade and the responses different mobiles have got and all.Since I already mentioned that this is going to be an AI demanding game,with all the stastics from last 10 years,The game should be able to predict the market in the future(It doesn't have to be accurate with real world only maybe by 40% if the AI is strong enough).In this Game,we'll we running the oneplus company just as it is in the real word.( what I mean by this is that We'll run the company but all the existing models like the op3,3t,5 so on will exist already on the storyline).And we'll be taking all the decisions of the company and the AI will predict how the market will respond to our decisions.The decisions can be ranging from releasing only 1 model for the entire year,trading in features for an affordable price,releasing budget phones,partnering with other companies tham qualcomm,samsung and a lot more(ofcourse we should have a limited budget for spending,since we'll try to make this game as close to reality as possible).The decisions can also include like ditching android altogether and Getting a new OS(Provided we have the budget).But this may lead to the doom of the company.Right now we're no where near creating a game like this and our AI technology is nowhere near but maybe after 10-12 years we'll be there.Since oneplus is an extra-ordinary company,It needs an extra-ordinary game.
    NEVER SETTLE!

12. Akshaycann
    Eclair Apr 13, 2020

Akshaycann , via OnePlus 5 , Apr 13, 2020 :
    Google maps are already out there to do so.

13. Akshaycann
    Eclair Apr 13, 2020

Akshaycann , via OnePlus 5 , Apr 13, 2020 :
    yes. you can upgrade your existing device. visit one plus care app.

14. Henrik G
    Cupcake Apr 13, 2020

Henrik G , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Apr 13, 2020 :
    A Oneplus game idea inspired by the reality!

My idea for a game is inspired by the situation we are currently facing. In the game you are the director of a hospital. Throughout out the game you will need to prioritize how much will you spend on expanding, how much on new doctors and nurses, how much on new equipment. You earn money every time a patient recovery, and you will lose money if a patient dies. If many patients' dies, less new patients will come, therefor you need to prioritize smart! You will also need to choose who gets what equipment and who the doctors and nurses should focus on. I guess this game would drain the batteries rather quickly so therefor it comes in handy with Oneplus wrap charge!

Henrik

15. C1551109384888 , via OnePlus Community App , Apr 13, 2020 :
    Hello,

I like to discuss an Idea about a game is that of a survival game that a all members in a family can togetherly play.It consists of both survival and car game . It can satisfy all members of a family or a group of friends. It will be having different modes .Forest,city,desert,...etc.Some can ride the vehicles while others can fight against the enemies.The will be for the entire team work.

I hope you would like the Idea
    Thank you.

16. runjesh1
    Cupcake Apr 13, 2020

runjesh1 , Apr 13, 2020 :
    First I would like to thank OnePlus for giving me chance to put the idea which was in my mind for a long time into something viable and doable in future through this contest. The idea was to make people in a rural area about the importance of sending their kids to school and getting them educated.
    It is not the game most of you would like to play to kill your boredom, but it will undoubtedly help people living in rural areas & create a substantial social impact over there.

Game Concept: It is a mix of Choose your own adventure games(Like TaleTell Games and Black Mirror(Bandersnatch).It will revolve around a child living in a rural area in India, Here the Player will get to make choices and each choice he/she makes in the Story will have a different outcome and will affect the future of the kid.
    The game can be made into Virtual Reality also to make it more interesting.

Goal Behind the idea of the game: We all know the situation of education sector in rural India, many parents are not able to afford education for their children, Many doesn't send their children to school, many children drop out of school and so on.
    Through this game, I would like to create awareness among the people living in rural areas that the choices they make through this game will have a positive and negative effect on their children. Like kids can become a successful businessman, or gets into the right profession or get involved in crime, stay unemployed and various scenario.

GamePlay :
    It will start by choosing a character name, character, gender, Place etc.
    After that, the Player will get choices like described in the images below, and the flow of the Story will continue, and each option will have a different set of the outcome.

MVIMG_20200413_181258.jpg MVIMG_20200413_181252.jpg

Game Story: This is a life story of a Boy/Girl living in the rural area of India(one can select any rural area).
    Where his life story will be shown and depending on the choices a player, the Story will move differently and have a different outcome.
    Choosing Sending kids to work instead of school will have a different story in the game, Choosing sending kids to school, but he dropped out from school, later on, will have a different story in the game and so on.

After Playing the game 3-4 times, the parents and guardians of the kids will have a good idea of what decisions will be best for their kids and what is not.

I Plan to make it into a working prototype soon if anyone wants to partner in this project can message me.

MVIMG_20200413_181258.jpg MVIMG_20200413_181252.jpg

17. sumanshekhar698
    Eclair Apr 13, 2020

sumanshekhar698 , Apr 13, 2020 :
    My dream game would be a kind of VR immersive thing because of the era of virtual reality is about to get a boom and the rumors are oneplus 8 pro has the sensors for it so why not use it.
    My idea of game is where the players would have to wear their VR headsets it can be a standalone or a smartphone integrated one
    along with the player would have to wear a full-body suit which will be flooded with sensors and machinery capable of giving a full 360-degree surrounding feel and also giving appropriate pressure inputs on their skin according to the game response.
    The game can be of any type, a PVP or a team effort game, rather imagining this as a fighting or magical world story
    my game would contain simple hiking or trekking through different terrains of the world, the person will experience various physical and logical barriers across the virtual journey, conquering them will earn the award points which they can spend on unlocking different places, worlds, and realities and special gears [ there can be a different world, imagine a portion of Mars :cool: ] in their journey they can play solo or in discovery mode where they can team up with people they meet in their voyage. It would be never before experience thing.
    This kind of tech would no only help in pushing yourself out of your comfort zone in the real immersive VR world and enhance your fitness and survival instincts but it can really help in learning physical activities like gymnastics, yoga really quickly and efficiently with a constant feedback mechanism and who knows the sky may not be the limit then.

18. aris
    Jelly Bean Apr 13, 2020