OnePlus Gaming via OnePlus 5T

1. Faruxaan
    Cupcake Jul 2, 2020

2. ASCHENTE_V
    KitKat Jul 2, 2020

ASCHENTE_V , Jul 2, 2020 :
    If they do, I hope Gaming Mode will be kept ONLY for the gaming phone and removed from the rest.

buntycubal, Faruxaan and xnutzii like this.
  3. SeaRefractor
    Gingerbread Jul 2, 2020

SeaRefractor , Jul 2, 2020 :
    Not trying to act as a jerk, and I apologize if it seems that way, but I am having a hard time seeing the draw to a "game" only phone.

Just to clarify... What's a gaming phone?

List the specifics. The reason I ask, is each phone from the OnePlus 7 series on up seems to check the majority of game phone boxes. OnePlus 8 Pro for example has it all.

Let's contrast the Asus ROG II with my earlier 7T Pro 5G McLaren edition phone. Other than 90Hz display and larger battery I don't see the draw.

Phones both have Snapdragon 855 + (same processor)
    Asus has 120Hz Amoled display, McLaren is 90Hz (OnePlus 8 Pro has the 120Hz AMOLED)
    4084MAh batter versus 6000MAh battery in ROG.
    Side charging design, makes sense but why if you have 6000MAh battery?
    Dual surrounding vibration technology. Nah, but if it's the same physical device in a phone form factor, can you "really" tell when one side is vibrating more than the other?
    Headphone jack... How "retro"... I have Aptx HD low latency Sennheiser bluetooth that is just "woah!!"

Optional dock and gamepad...

I have SteelSeries Stratus gamepad, has it's own mount that works fine with my phone. It's also a recognized and officially supported controller for Google Stadia and other platforms.

Finally air cooling! How awesome and is it necessary? Certainly isn't IP68 water/dust resistant.

I've yet to overheat for long periods of gaming if I take my phone out of it's case. Looks like you would need to for the ROG as well with the "air" vents possibly blocked, must require unique case designs that don't block the airflow.

AlloyJago and Faruxaan like this.
  4. the_o2
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Jul 3, 2020

the_o2 , Jul 3, 2020 :
    Go to phone settings
    About Phone
    Rename the device name as OnePlus Gaming 3/5/6/7/8
    Done.

Enjoy.

AlloyJago, drl431, buntycubal and 3 others like this.
  5. ASCHENTE_V
    KitKat Jul 3, 2020

ASCHENTE_V , Jul 3, 2020 :
    But he wanna lgbt rgb backlight, gaming body design, strange app icons, triggers and even more advanced gaming mode. And it MUST be only OnePlus 😤. Don't you feel his emotions?)

Attached Files:

the_o2 and Faruxaan like this.
  6. Faruxaan
    Cupcake Jul 3, 2020

Faruxaan , via OnePlus 5T , Jul 3, 2020 :
    Im sorry if i said anything like that. I don't mean they should make a phone a like asus. Im saying a gaming phone with a headphone jack and a charging port where it's not interrupt while playing game.
    I love OnePlus and i love seeing them grow day by day [e]2764[/e]️

ASCHENTE_V likes this.
  7. ASCHENTE_V
    KitKat Jul 3, 2020

ASCHENTE_V , Jul 3, 2020 :
    I'm just kidding, as I don't see any need in gaming phones from 1+, when they're already options like asus rog, razer phone or upcoming lenovo legion. Maybe they're more, those were the first on the mind.

I solved your problem with wireless earphones, however that's my choice, which may not suit yours. Unfortunately, 3,5 jack seems to be gone from the market.

Faruxaan likes this.
  8. Faruxaan
    Cupcake Jul 3, 2020

Faruxaan , via OnePlus 5T , Jul 3, 2020 :
    No im staying with OnePlus. I just wanted to share my thoughts. I know people who have a latest OnePlus phones and still having gaming phone like asus. But rather I would like to see people using OnePlus as their main phone. For gaming and other uses.
    And as someone who plays game. i have had issues with wireless headphones. There seem to be a little bit sound delays. And not only i have had these problems. Many people and many reviews says so.