oneplus = garbage

1. AG_anirudha_gondhalekar
    Cupcake Apr 21, 2017

2. Loveit
    KitKat Apr 21, 2017

Loveit , Apr 21, 2017 :
    Aloha!

Living in Hawaii, have you considered a Hauwei phone as your next purchase? That would be pretty cool.

3. pa5t1s
    User of the Year 2014 Apr 21, 2017

pa5t1s , Apr 21, 2017 :
    So, you seems to be a lucky one, reading the numerous threads here...
    Updated from OTA? no factory reset?

nyzproof333 and Sun90 like this.
  4. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Apr 21, 2017

ghostofcain , Apr 21, 2017 :
    In what world do you live where updates are mandatory? The very reason I use android is so I can choose what I do with my device.

Sun90 and pa5t1s like this.
  5. Rithari
    Gingerbread Apr 21, 2017

Rithari , Apr 21, 2017 :
    Do you have dyslexia or do you just not read?

Sun90 and pa5t1s like this.
  6. milindsoni143
    Cupcake Apr 21, 2017

milindsoni143 , Apr 21, 2017 :
    Don't know what's up with your device,but mine works flawlessly, especially after 4.1.3 update.Check out with service department

7. Brooklyn701
    Honeycomb Apr 21, 2017

Brooklyn701 , Apr 21, 2017 :
    Basically the same here. Only thing I've noticed is that when I got the phone it didn't draw as much power in flight mode as it does now on 7.1.3.

For example I've got it in flight mode overnight (23:00-07:00) and it goes from 15% down to 7% this morning. Personally it doesn't bug me too much, but it used to be a mere 1-2% loss overnight. 8% is four to eight times as much.

Nevertheless I do get 6-8 hrs of on screen time with it.

8. pa5t1s

pa5t1s , Apr 21, 2017 :
    True. That said, he was right saying "An update is an update. <removed because inappropriate>. Has to be working." ;)

joram11 and Sun90 like this.
  9. pa5t1s

pa5t1s , Apr 21, 2017 :
    Nightly (or flight mode) battery drain is the least I've read so far (altho it's really boring)... But, seriously, do I have to Factory Reset my phone every time I update it, to keep it working? That doesn't make sense. As a comparison, do you reformat your PC each time MS releases a Windows update?
    BTW, same question: OTA-updated only? or Factory Reset mandatory?

joram11 and Sun90 like this.
  10. C C Mui
    Froyo Apr 21, 2017

C C Mui , Apr 21, 2017 :
    I'm having OP3 with latest update. I've got no problem about the "tether" from the very very beginning and up to now. My daughter can connect properly and it never drop until no other connection, it will be off automatically after around 5 minutes!

11. Afnan18
    Cupcake Apr 21, 2017

12. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Apr 21, 2017

theshinybeast , Apr 21, 2017 :
    True but tell me an Android phone that never has some hiccup with updates, I mean Google themselves have problems with updates.
    Call me an ignored fanboy but this whole thread is quite ridiculous. Either the OP makes an effort to understand the basics of Android or he goes Apple.
    Android is inherently more dodgy in the update department compared to IOS( not immune either) but it is way more versatile than IOS, so if you have a total lack of curiosity in learning how to use a phone just pay the price and go iPhone.

13. pa5t1s

pa5t1s , Apr 21, 2017 :
    Sure, you're right. Now, even if poster's words are quite 'definite' and 'monolithic', they have to be taken into consideration... Unless, you consider Android (or Linux or anything else but iOS or Windows) to be a 'geek-only' OS only for nerds. Basically, I think it's <any company>'s fault to do the testings at customer's level: I'm speaking about Software Validation and QA tests. The customer paid for something (advertised) and it is its right to have it working., no more, no less. That doesn't make Google better or worse than OnePlus, agreed.
    About Apple...well, I don't want to pay much more for basic functionalities that Android can provide for (almost) free. As you may know, #hype doesn't spell like #sheep. :p

14. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Apr 21, 2017

theshinybeast , Apr 21, 2017 :
    Totally agree but still, like I said absolutely all Android phones have this trouble so there´s no need to exagerate like the OP has. I am of course in no way defending Oneplus on this but some complaints like this just bug, pun intended, should it be about Hauwei, Samsung, LG etc

pa5t1s and Sun90 like this.
  15. G_REG_DESNR_BPmK
    Donut Apr 21, 2017

16. sergioftalves
    Donut Apr 21, 2017

sergioftalves , Apr 21, 2017 :
    So don't buy Oneplus anymore, why you came crying here?buy a Iphone or Samsung and pay 50 or 60% more.

Oneplus is very good for price and quality.

17. F_Sutrisno_Taslim_mVwW
    Cupcake Apr 21, 2017

18. waikikijason
    Froyo Apr 21, 2017

waikikijason , Apr 21, 2017 :
    Again... I'm not using beta software... It's the hardware that is beta. We ate their Guinea pigs.

Sorry if I offended and of the Oneplus fangirls

aenews likes this.
  19. MarkLR
    Jelly Bean Apr 21, 2017

MarkLR , Apr 21, 2017 :
    I feel your pain. I had a similar issue with my older phone (Sony Z3), it kept randomly rebooting no matter what and after a while I was exasperated because I also needed it for work and often when I desperately needed it it was hanged or stuck on the pin because it rebooted, causing all kinds of missed calls and other issues. Eventually it turned out to be a hardware problem. In your case though, tethering is not working so it's definitely a software issue. Unfortunately I cannot help you with it because I can't use it (if I enable it, Vodafone will start draining my money because tethering somehow is not included in my contract).

The only thing you can do if you already performed all the usual troubleshooting steps (such as factory reset, using it in safe mode, and so on) is report the bug. I've reported a few bugs and usually they will ask you to collect logs or stuff like that to find out what's causing it and implement a fix (if needed) in the next release.

Again, I feel your pain but I wouldn't go as far as saying the entire phone is garbage over a single feature that's botched. From my kind of usage, the phone has performed amazingly well, barely ever had any problem with it. I've had far worse problems with more estabilished brands, such as Samsung, which released several updates for the Galaxy S4 which caused it to randomly reboot, and it took them months to solve.

If this feature is mandatory to you, I would consider returning the OnePlus3 (if you still can, otherwise sell it or keep it as a backup phone) and buy another phone for your tethering needs. If you need it for work, this may be your only choice unfortunately.

Sun90, SatriaPerdana and pa5t1s like this.
  20. mmddmm1702
    Honeycomb Apr 21, 2017

mmddmm1702 , Apr 21, 2017 :
    Some even can't both :D