oneplus = garbage

1. mmddmm1702
    Honeycomb Apr 21, 2017

mmddmm1702 , Apr 21, 2017 :
    At the moment I'm quite happy with 4.1.3.
    No issues at all.
    I ran beta 13 for a bit an upgraded to 14. But it is buggy. After reboot the background image is gone. Yesterday I downgraded to 4.1.3 again.
    But, I always wipe cache, quit all apps and reboot. Sometimes wipe app cache too.
    Usually it runs smooth this way.
    If it behaves odd, I reset.
    Never had bad experiences since years on any phone this way.

pa5t1s likes this.
  2. pgsk97
    Honeycomb Apr 21, 2017

3. Andrealphus
    Froyo Apr 21, 2017

Andrealphus , Apr 21, 2017 :
    Please read entire thread and before you comment, OP using official 4.1.3

joram11 and pa5t1s like this.
  4. pgsk97
    Honeycomb Apr 21, 2017

pgsk97 , Apr 21, 2017 :
    have u wiped the cache partition in recovery mode,it helps

5. Andrealphus
    Froyo Apr 21, 2017

Andrealphus , Apr 21, 2017 :
    Bro i'm not the one with the issues. Creator of this thread have problems with his phone. I'm fine with mine.

Sun90 and pa5t1s like this.
  6. Yash vijay
    Gingerbread Apr 21, 2017

7. IshanMehta00
    Gingerbread Apr 21, 2017

8. pa5t1s
    User of the Year 2014 Apr 21, 2017

pa5t1s , Apr 21, 2017 :
    Lol, someone needs to create 'vocal' threads : nobody can read today...
    Or maybe, let's go back to the Stone Age and let's draw our posts... :rolleyes:

9. fricy81
    Froyo Apr 21, 2017

fricy81 , Apr 21, 2017 :
    There's a reason why system admins never update the operating system until they properly tested that they work with the legacy software they need for the daily operations of the company. This is the reason why it was so hard for Microsoft to kill XP. Bugs and software conflicts are a common place in development, and there is no way to test for everything before deployment. No matter which company you buy software from, bugs are to be expected. Period. Even the much hyped iPhone had it's own nasty bugs, often much worse than what you talk about.

Feel free to buy a different device from another vendor, but take my advice: never update your handset if you need it for your work, and you are not 100% sure that it's working as it should. Test when you have down time, and use TWRP backup so you have an easy way to go back if needed. Since 1+ officially supports unlocking and tinkering, it's much easier to do it with this device, then with a Sony or Samsung, or whichever manufacturer.

GiulioMecacci and pa5t1s like this.
  10. bry_tech
    Froyo Apr 21, 2017

bry_tech , Apr 21, 2017 :
    I get the same error sometimes and I don't think it's because of my connection. How fast is yours?

11. CsRohit
    Froyo Apr 21, 2017

CsRohit , Apr 21, 2017 :
    You aren't expecting an iPhone experience on an Oneplus device right? One Plus is still in development and the phones are meant for that. Either you get regular updates or Bug Free Updates, One plus decides to go for regular updates. They try their best to make it bug free but it's still developing. Well having kept promise to deliver nougat on 31st is rather good than having disrespectful abt it(its ok to have some bugs)

G_Rohan_Patre_hiZT likes this.
  12. mmddmm1702
    Honeycomb Apr 21, 2017

mmddmm1702 , Apr 21, 2017 :
    iPhone isn't the cherry on top either :D
    There are problems too.
    We have iPhones in our company and they had big problems with synchronizing dates on phone and outlook ... Which sucks really really a lot :D
    Then iTunes synch problems, update problems and so on.
    It's not really that better, just costs double :D
    Android and iOS ... Both have their pros and cons ... But both have their problems too ;)
    It is a matter of taste and ... Well ... Status, [content edited by moderator].

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2017

pa5t1s and fricy81 like this.
  13. G_Marcus_Osborn_BLWO
    Cupcake Apr 21, 2017

joram11 likes this.
  14. SatriaPr
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 21, 2017

15. pa5t1s
    User of the Year 2014 Apr 21, 2017

mmddmm1702 and Sun90 like this.
  16. GiulioMecacci
    Eclair Apr 21, 2017

GiulioMecacci , Apr 21, 2017 :
    I had to get used to factory reset after every update. This is true also for my Samsung with the difference that they don't update so obsessively (kudos to OP). This way, I experience almost no bugs, but I understand it is annoying. I love my OP3T though, and I learned to accept its few limits, that are well worth the money I saved with this beauty.

17. crolikman
    Donut Apr 21, 2017

crolikman , Apr 21, 2017 :
    i wonder, how come i have never experienced ANY issues whatsoever with so many OP haters constantly complaining? what am I doing wrong? is it possible that all these people are totally absent-minded and either expect too much from OP device or have no idea on how to take care of their needs on their own?
    i am not a computer programmer, in fact i am something of a farmer with very little actual technical knowledge. Yet, when i have started experiencing problems with my SGS2, Samsung Note 3 and later Note 3 instead of running to the service center i have learnt how to root and flash custom ROMs, which has resolved all of my problems up until I have purchased OP3 and immediately within a few months 3T. in fact, 3T didn't need any root or custom ROMs. i am absolutely happy with the phone. it ain't perfect, but than i have paid only $500CAD for the phone, whereas the old Note 4 has cost me nearly $1K and that is one year after its release...so please explain to me what the hell these complaining people are complaining about? go buy S8 or whatever is the most expensive phone on the market at the moment and quit complaining!

fricy81 likes this.
  18. Sergeguliyev
    Cupcake Apr 21, 2017

Sergeguliyev , Apr 21, 2017 :
    This new update totally ruined my phone. I don't what the hell are they doing there but since the new update rolled out, my phone literally went from 100 to 0. Everything is super slow, leggy, buttons not responsive and so on [e]1f621[/e]

19. Spike83420
    Gingerbread Apr 21, 2017

Spike83420 , Apr 21, 2017 :
    Clear cache in recovery and factory reset,always have with all my phones since owning Nexus 5

pa5t1s likes this.
  20. G_shubham_katakdhond_JDa
    Froyo Apr 21, 2017