[Submitted] OnePlus gestures

1. nmatheis
    US Brand Ambassador Apr 18, 2020

nmatheis , Apr 18, 2020 :
    Title OnePlus gestures
    Device OnePlus8 Software Version O2 Stable 200411
    Topic Suggestion
    Photos
    Feature Needed Background Description Please bring back OnePlus navigation gestures as an option for the OnePlus 8 series. I much prefer them over Google stock navigation gestures because the stock Google navigation gestures interfere with apps with a sidebar triggered by swiping in front the left. Google navigation gestures also sometimes trigger the back gesture when I'm swipe typing on Gboard which makes me lose the text I typed. I know some people prefer the Google gestures, so having both as an option would make more people happy. Please consider!
    Any other comments
    Please bring back OnePlus navigation gestures as an option for the OnePlus 8 series. I much prefer them over Google stock navigation gestures because the stock Google navigation gestures interfere with apps with a sidebar triggered by swiping in front the left. Google navigation gestures also sometimes trigger the back gesture when I'm swipe typing on Gboard which makes me lose the text I typed.

I know some people prefer the Google gestures, so having both as an option would make more people happy.

Please consider!

salamister, FZ., Ades_u and 1 other person like this.
  2. DeeJaaWoo
    Honeycomb Apr 18, 2020

3. FZ.
    Froyo Jun 4, 2020

FZ. , via OnePlus 8 , Jun 4, 2020 :
    DeeJaaWoo

I have given a suggestion answer to this

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/old-style-navigation-gestures.1214478/#post-21509686

Hope that helps ... cheers

The link takes to this very page. What was your suggestion?
    New gestures temper with sidebars, but the worst is with the keyboard: as the op said, you get "backs" while swiping! This is disconcerting!
    Thanks!

P. S. As a matter of fact, I got a suggestion myself, concerning sidebars. I use Meteor Swipe, which is light, simple, and you can customize bars freely. It has an aptic feedback (it must be activated) when pressing the sidebar trigger. So if you press it, wait the feedback (a fraction of second) , and then swipe, the sidebar pops out. It is working fine so far, I.e. it doesn't "get back" erroneously.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020

4. FZ.
    Froyo Jun 5, 2020

FZ. , via OnePlus 8 , Jun 5, 2020 :
    I managed to trigger "back" action with the app "Gesture plus". You can't have it swiping up corners, but hitting the "home". Together with the value of

op_gesture_button_side_enable

set to "0" you avoid conflict with sidebars and the keyboard also! To change that key value you'll have to download "SetEdit" app.
    This is the best solution I found so far! 🙂