Oneplus going the Apple Way ???

1. Sun90
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Dec 27, 2017

Sun90 , Dec 27, 2017 :
    Not many are aware of the build available on OnePlus site nor the manual upgrade stuff.
    Since the OTA has been rolled back by op without any info / announcement.
    People are presuming it to buggy ( which indeed is for some).

2. thakurayush0497
    Gingerbread Dec 27, 2017

thakurayush0497 , Dec 27, 2017 :
    coz most of the users wont go for the zip installation method...its not stable enough for common users that's why ota was rolled back..and btw oreo is stable enough but just not polished enough....do u understand what i am saying?

3. Rusty NZ
    Marshmallow Dec 27, 2017

Rusty NZ , Dec 27, 2017 :
    I am not sure if that qualified as I didn't mention any particular region. What do you think?

GopalB. likes this.
  4. Machorahul
    Honeycomb Dec 27, 2017

Machorahul , Dec 27, 2017 :
    i wasnt talking about oreo

5. thakurayush0497
    Gingerbread Dec 27, 2017

exactly what I was saying..

6. Sun90

Sun90 , Dec 27, 2017 :
    You should Just relax and let it go ,is what I think:p

7. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Dec 27, 2017

ghostofcain , Dec 27, 2017 :
    I understand but in the absence of any official confirmation people are very quick to judge the build a failure, OnePlus haven't even officially mentioned any pause in the OTA let alone an imminent bug fix.

Sun90 likes this.
  8. Sun90

Sun90 , Dec 27, 2017 :
    We cannot hold people's judgement,
    Since it's a spontaneous,when the OTA is pulled back without a valid reason.

9. Fox Mulder
    Eclair Dec 27, 2017

Fox Mulder , Dec 27, 2017 :
    Spot on!

The expressions "moral panic" and "click baiting" come to mind.

Couldn't be happier with our 3T. In fact, we swapped my partner's silly phone, aka Samsung Galaxy S6 edge, whilst it still had good trade-in value, and bought the 5T so we both now fully pledged OnePlus happy users.

Woodysk and ghostofcain like this.
  10. thakurayush0497
    Gingerbread Dec 27, 2017

Indian customer support told people that it has been rolled...there hasn't been any confirmation on forum or twitter though...btw yeah i understand most of indian people opening redundant threads on forum...but that is because they are common users and not aware of sideloading and rooting stuff....nyway with for next release on my nougat XD[e]1f602[/e]

11. RASTAVIPER
    Jelly Bean Dec 27, 2017

RASTAVIPER , Dec 27, 2017 :
    If common users fall under the category of people who don't know how to perform a factory reset, then probably they are not worthy to have an advanced device as 3T.

The Oreo is stable 100% for me and so many other users. I don't care for your definition of common people, but for sure no special procedures are required to enjoy a trouble-free device.

12. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Dec 27, 2017

CS are not necessarily a reliable source of information, they have been caught out giving out questionable advice previously.

Sun90 likes this.
  13. thakurayush0497
    Gingerbread Dec 27, 2017

let me make it clear..if an official update is being pushed then it should not need a factory reset...and all the problems remain the same even after factory reset...i have done it that's. why i am saying....stop acting like a oneplus employee dude and accept facts.

G_Vishal_Poojary_gyrt likes this.
  14. thakurayush0497
    Gingerbread Dec 27, 2017

well the update being unavailable after some time confirms it indirectly....even for the users who had partially downloaded and paused the update,the update just doesn't apppear anymore....

15. Sun90

Sun90 , Dec 27, 2017 :
    You are a bit wrong IMHO.
    Flashing and troubleshooting skills isn't a must to own a device ( whether it's low end or high end).
    Rather people choose devices as per specs / popularity / brand / support / price / features etc.
    And the onus will always be on the OEM to full fill it.
    And lot of OEM including OP are struggling hard to be inline.
    But you have a trouble free phone ,that doesn't implies that every one should.

G_Vishal_Poojary_gyrt likes this.
  16. RASTAVIPER
    Jelly Bean Dec 27, 2017

Why don't u accept the facts that probably your device has a problem and not the update?

Or all these people saying that they don't have any issues are writing lies?
    I am pretty sure that 95% of people who complain about the update, either they didn't do the factory reset or they have some problematic app that it's creating lags and other troubles. 5% maybe have real issues because of incompatibilities etc.

In any case, you are not allowed to say that the Oreo Update is problematic in general and that for all users has issues.
    Better start searching what creates your issues, than wishing for Santa claus to bring you another update, when this update works fine for other users.

17. thakurayush0497
    Gingerbread Dec 27, 2017

omg dude something is seriously wrong with u..my device has some problem which worked perfectly fine with nitrogen os,that too with the same apps....maybe u don't have any issue or u r just not a heavy user using phone to read newspapers and browsing[e]1f602[/e]..just understand that most of the people have issues with the update..maybe u dont have so calm the shit down and stop posting shitty replies here..

18. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Dec 27, 2017

Although I agree, it's the refusal to carry out basic troubleshooting that perplexes me. No a factory reset won't miraculous fix your device but it will fix configuration errors and 3rd party application incompatibilities it should be a first step and often does make a huge difference, and even if it doesn't it's a useful diagnostic tool.

19. thakurayush0497
    Gingerbread Dec 27, 2017

i agree
    .but in case of oroe neither factory reset nor clean installation made any difference.... let's just stop this topic here?

20. RASTAVIPER
    Jelly Bean Dec 27, 2017

I wouldn't be surprised by the language that you use.
    You are not only ignorant of troubleshooting your device, you prefer to insult other people when you realise that you don't have anything to say.

Enjoy your problematic device and let me read magazines with my perfect device which has zero problems and get 7 hours of SOT.

Bye now little man.

ghostofcain likes this.