OnePlus Has Lost it's True Vision. via OnePlus 7

1. Ujjwalprashar
    Froyo Apr 10, 2020

Ujjwalprashar , via OnePlus 7 , Apr 10, 2020 :
    I know this thread will be locked and deleted with a second but i don't care. After hearing so much about about OnePlus and especially their fast,smooth and clean 'Oxygen OS' I decided to give it a shot with OP7 and my experience hasn't been anything special...

•First up releasing new phones after not even half a year ig after the old ones you completely forgot the old one is just absurd.

•The A10 roll-out was a mess. The OS has been filled with bugs. The 6 series faced so much issues because the update was premature, The main feature of most of the updates are security patches and what's funny is that even those are some times 2 MONTHS OLD!

• And my god the staged rollout is the worst thing ever. If you take almost half a month for rolling out might as well not even push that out. And again only a security patch. OEMs like Realme are so much consistent for a very less price...

• Many of the phones especially EU version are on January security patch including myself. Bro we almost had a WW3, Australia wasn't burnt and the world has been facing a deadly pandemic since that was patched.

*l•Other OEMS like Samsung and Asus actually give updates.

With the release of 8 series, the price as well as the total number of phones you need to work on will definitely increase and thus killing all hopes for not even a year old 7 and 7pro.

Oops you can't even say this because the blind fans come running to shut you down. Please bring back the old OnePlus....
    1586550072681.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Horsault
    Nougat Moderator Apr 10, 2020

Horsault , Apr 10, 2020 :
    Moved to off-topic, as this thread isn't linked to any device nor about any specific issue.
    Reminder: right forum choice is mandatory.

JelleZon, otto2 and Ujjwalprashar like this.
  3. ASCHENTE_V
    Jelly Bean Apr 10, 2020

4. Ujjwalprashar
    Froyo Apr 10, 2020

Ujjwalprashar , via OnePlus 7 , Apr 10, 2020 :
    many people especially on EU version have had only 2 updates since the launch

Starcommander likes this.
  5. ASCHENTE_V
    Jelly Bean Apr 10, 2020

ASCHENTE_V , Apr 10, 2020 :
    Ujjwalprashar

many people especially on EU version have had only 2 updates since the launch

I am using global, updates are bimonthly +/- several days. From what I see EU version received updates bimonthly as well, android police is talking bullshit

Last edited: Apr 10, 2020

otto2 likes this.
  6. pablofg1978
    Nougat Head Moderator Apr 10, 2020

pablofg1978 , Apr 10, 2020 :
    Your thread should be deleted only beacuse is full of lies, not for the reasons that you claim that it will.

There are not many brands that support their devices for 3 years, so your claim that oneplus forget the devices after a new one is launched is the first lie.

Oneplus is one of the first brands to release the new version of Android after Google launchs it, nobody forces you to install it rigth away, but there are many ppl requesting it and likes to try it as soon as possible. Other brands takes more than half year to release it, and not allways is super stable either.

So.... first you complain about unstable updates but then you complain about staged rollouts? In the same way that you can wait to install an update, you can also install it manually as soon it is released.

If you dont like being behind of security updates, you can install the beta release. The software update policy of oneplus is pretty clear and it constantly applied since 3 years at least.

I dont know about Asus, but the samsung S8 line and Note 8 will not receive android 10, so what updates are you talking about?

There is not a perfect device for everyone, if you dont like oneplus, just swith to other brand and be happy.
    Oneplus has done nothing more than improve the software update policy in recent years.
    Coming here and say that whoever don't share your vision (full of lies) is a fanboy is just lame

7. Max.Mar
    Jelly Bean Apr 10, 2020

Max.Mar , Apr 10, 2020 :
    Hey buddy..REMOVED BY MOD. There are no such issues as what you are bragging about. Even if you are facing anything then ask nicely and there are 100's of tech people's in this community who are ready to help.

Btw what have you done yourself to rectify those issues which you are facing.?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2020

8. pablofg1978
    Nougat Head Moderator Apr 10, 2020

pablofg1978 , Apr 10, 2020 :
    Hey there,
    Please no name calling, there is no need of insults

otto2, xnutzii and Starcommander like this.
  9. Ujjwalprashar
    Froyo Apr 11, 2020

Ujjwalprashar , via OnePlus 7 , Apr 11, 2020 :
    I think you just scrolled past my whole post without reading just to save defend them. If you seriously don't see any issues i can't help you.

Also i bought this phone with my money and i am in my full right to day whatever i want. I don't owe anything to anybody. You are the type of fans I mentioned above.

And I have submitted more than 10 feedback threads about bugs that were identified and solved.

10. Max.Mar
    Jelly Bean Apr 11, 2020

Max.Mar , Apr 11, 2020 :
    Relax dude..there are fan boyz out there along with some tech enthusiasts, I am the latter one. I am not related to Oneplus in anyway. But yeah I am a Oneplus user since Oneplus One till now.
    And why I am saying that there are no such issues as becoz actually there aren't such issues exists. Its not the OS but the user who are at fault. That's why I asked, did you tried to rectify those issues. Did you rest your device after updating? If not then plz do so.

11. Starcommander
    Lollipop Apr 11, 2020

Starcommander , Apr 11, 2020 :
    There are many things which you claimed aren't correct however few points which I agree is :
    @SJBoss we need u here.

What I feel is A10 for 6T in the initial days was the worst update. I am ready to debate if someone wants to deny it.
    However after 6 months my experience has improved.

Realme is indeed consistent with their updates as well as maintaining their forums.

Regarding the fanboy things I had said this ago once
    "OnePlus is now driven by fanboys"
    I have noticed too but haven't said much because I have been myself a fanboy once.

Regarding your statement :
    :eek:
    When did this happen?

SJBoss likes this.
  12. Ujjwalprashar
    Froyo Apr 11, 2020

https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/04/07/android-phone-security-update-tracker/

13. Starcommander
    Lollipop Apr 11, 2020

Ujjwalprashar and SJBoss like this.
  14. SJBoss
    Lollipop Apr 11, 2020

SJBoss , Apr 11, 2020 :
    Okay that was akchually funny.
    Nothing of this sort will happen just keep your emotions in check and make sure your argument is based on facts.
    Well, help OnePlus to regain it, but don't scream at the poor old man in the process.

Starcommander and Ujjwalprashar like this.
  15. DidierSer
    Froyo Apr 11, 2020

DidierSer , Apr 11, 2020 :
    Thanks for opening the discussion.

I am not sure if OnePlus has lost its vision but the reasons why I purchased OnePlus are indeed gone.

Security patch is a real issue. Either we say there are patch and they need to be applied timely or we just don't care.
    The purpose of the new Android Architecture is for easy module update, so why isn't that used ?
    It is not possible to have products with a "pro" label and to tell people to use Beta to upgrade more often.

There has been request to keep some features and OnePlus did not care what its user said.

Hiring marketing people is good, nevertheless it is not the same type if you want to be market share leader or tech leader.
    The one I saw during OnePlus events were gearing for Market share leadership, and this is not what I am expecting.
    Satisfying the Early OnePlus adopters and the mass market is I believe not compatible.

I did not upgrade my hardware since OnePlus 6 and I do not plan too.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2020

Ujjwalprashar likes this.
  16. Ujjwalprashar
    Froyo Apr 11, 2020

Exactly! If aby another OEMs were to ask it's user to use beta program for up to date security patches everyone here would laugh at them