OnePlus hates Canada via OnePlus 7T

1. xzil3d
    Donut May 7, 2020

xzil3d , via OnePlus 7T , May 7, 2020 :
    Given everything we've gone through in recent history, be it constantly over-inflated prices, or very bad product stock management, forcing waiting games on us, I can't help but feel that OnePlus hates Canada. Sooner or later, the feeling will be mutual if they don't do right by us.

Faevwa, elrayyes, cpinto08 and 2 others like this.
  2. G_Josh_Engel_WTKV
    Cupcake May 12, 2020

G_Josh_Engel_WTKV , May 12, 2020 :
    It's completely ridiculous. It's honestly cheaper to order the same phone from China. Pay for currency conversion. Pay for expedited trans continental air shipping. Pay import fees. Pay brokerage fees. etc. Than it is to buy the phone directly from OnePlus. It's unacceptable. Will not buy a phone that charge Canadians more than US pricing because we already get killed with the conversion. The OnePlus 8 Pro for $1200 would actually be a pretty decent price. For $1400 it's not. Especially without financing options. Sorry OnePlus, you've lost a country.

Faevwa, gman1734 and xzil3d like this.
  3. xzil3d
    Donut May 13, 2020

xzil3d , via OnePlus 7T , May 13, 2020 :
    The 7T has been out of stock for months. In the US, it's been restocked a few times already.

The ongoing problems just show that this company is struggling with making it into maturity. They aren't communicating with us, they simply do not care about us. They think that because we're a relatively small market that we have no influence. They are wrong.

4. xuankaizhang
    Donut May 18, 2020

5. astracd
    Gingerbread Jun 14, 2020

astracd , Jun 14, 2020 :
    Do not forget not supporting wifi calling, and volte in Canada. They are all over their biggest market = India. I don't blame them, like every other corporation it is all about money.

6. Q1590894697853
    Cupcake Jun 16, 2020

Q1590894697853 , Jun 16, 2020 :
    To add to the rant. I was a late bloomer for 1+ phones. After I saw an article that US stocks of the 7 pro were being replenished, I reach out to 1+ Canada, asking how I could obtain a 7pro, either from Canada, US or global. The reply I got from the courteous support was buy from Amazon. FAIL. When I tried buying a 7pro from the 1+ US site, transaction would not be completed because I requested shipping to Canada. When I reached out to 1+ USA to ask why, I received another courteous response of, you don't have a US address. FAIL. When I asked both customer supports as to what the difference is between the phones sold in both countries (non-carrier), the response was...(insert crickets sound)...I have not received a response, been 3 weeks now. FAIL.
    I eventually found a used 7pro in excellent condition, and saved some money in the process. All I can say to would be buyers of 1+ phones, is do not buy this phone if you expect support from the manufacturer. If that is what you need then get an Iphone. I purchased a 1+ device, because I like to modify my phone, always have, thus I purchase a phone first on specs and second on how modifiable and recoverable the phone is. If 1+ ever goes the way of the new Samsungs and locks down the Bootloader and disables features when you alter the software, then I will move on to the next brand. There are many out there, each offering the same level of support +/- as 1+.

cpinto08 likes this.
  7. H1591144934586
    Cupcake Jun 28, 2020

H1591144934586 , Jun 28, 2020 :
    You cant even order from OnePlus from the Canadian site right now. The site has been down for at least 5 days. I've been told 5 times the issue will be fixed in 4-5 hours. They also kept giving me solutions, like "try a different browser", that simply did not work. I was SO embarrassed I recommended these phones to colleagues. They couldn't even fix a simple website error, how are we supposed to have confidence in a company that cant do something so simple? I had such a great experience with my oneplus 3 but the company seems to have changed from "never settle".

cpinto08 likes this.
  8. cpinto08
    Cupcake Jul 7, 2020

cpinto08 , Jul 7, 2020 :
    Tell me about it. Event though it's expensive I was trying to buy the 8pro but the website keeps on declining my various payment method. I've been trying for a week with no help at all from customer service.

9. paulzhao34
    Cupcake Aug 6, 2020

paulzhao34 , Aug 6, 2020 :
    much expensive than it on amazon.ca,bestbuy.ca,usa oneplus website,why?

10. paulzhao34
    Cupcake Aug 6, 2020

paulzhao34 , Aug 6, 2020 :
    They donot care Canadian customers at all!!!!!!And the price of oneplus 7t is much high than it in usa.