OnePlus in the NEWS !

1. Impersonal
    Jelly Bean Feb 22, 2020

Impersonal , Feb 22, 2020 :
    20200222_232406_0000.png

Hello, you well informed brothers and sisters !

It's Saturday evening while I write this, just me and the Cat at home, chilling ... a purrfect Caturday !

Browsing through our Community, I revisited this awesome thread, and it got me thinking... same as you I gather most of my information over the internet outlets, and that has it's pros and cons, especially in the era of "fake news"...

Fake-News-and-internet.png

Since we're all here, we all have a somewhat interest in tech, and care for OnePlus in particular, so with that in mind, I want us to create, together, through this thread a "third-party" OnePlus News Hub...

So if you happen to stumble upon a good article, interview, video, commercial, a good joke, leaks or information in general, that you think is worth sharing, about our beloved brand, instead of opening a new thread, that might get lost in the sea of content, post it here, that way we can build an "archive", also if we have them in one place, alongside our many, smart, fun, opinionated, great fellow users, I'm sure staff members or other OnePlus "insiders" will find it easier, and maybe intervene if they see fit , clarify, respond, or tease or even make a rebuttal...

*As a sidenote obviously I would be delighted to see, stuff I don't have access to, like regional articles (maybe if you are willing, sumarized in English) or unknown quality outlets or YouTubers, Tech gurus that you think deserve a shout-out, etc etc etc

Information is meant to circulate, and Sharing is at every Community base.

Always HAVE FUN guys and gals, and remember to respect eachother, even if in disagreement , maintain the Forum Rules :)

THANK YOU !
    NeverSettle !
    *This thread as I said is unofficial, "third-party", user Community generated, in no way associated with or endorsed by OnePlus itself.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020

2. Impersonal
    Jelly Bean Feb 22, 2020

buntycubal likes this.
  3. malidan
    Marshmallow Feb 22, 2020

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020

buntycubal and Impersonal like this.
  4. Impersonal
    Jelly Bean Feb 22, 2020

buntycubal and malidan like this.
  5. malidan
    Marshmallow Feb 22, 2020

6. Impersonal
    Jelly Bean Feb 22, 2020

Impersonal , Feb 22, 2020 :
    I've got my eyes on it, to me it's arguably the most intriguing upcoming OP device, maybe because it's a new category, or I'm just nostalgic about what the old OP or Nexus stud for, heck before the leaks I even fantasized about a "cheap" non glass back...

And yes the similitudes to the Reno 3 are obvious, and that's a big plus in my book, OPPO really had a great year, the most pertinent personal downside I have, with them is that in Europe they don't seem to want a bigger presence, will all what that means (hard to get, no reasonable support, etc )

buntycubal likes this.
  7. GeekOnTheHill
    Honeycomb Feb 23, 2020

GeekOnTheHill , Feb 23, 2020 :
    What appears to be a flat screen is a plus in my book. I doubt it would result in any performance gains over the 7t for my mission, however; so I'll probably just window-shop.

Richard

Impersonal likes this.
  8. Impersonal
    Jelly Bean Feb 23, 2020

Impersonal , Feb 23, 2020 :
    I cuncur real screens are flat in my book also, my "big ideea" in the redesign a OP product was a case that could turn your edge display into a flat one, :) kinda stupid for the moment since as you pointed out, you can still buy great flat screen device, but that might not be the case (lame word pun) in the future, and options are important...

Nevertheless as you can see in this thread, there are quite a few developments that push the edge even further (another lame pun)

Cheers Richard

Ps: I sport the 6T, and with my needs, and usage, don't really plan to upgrade this year either... but window shopping is nice :

buntycubal and GeekOnTheHill like this.
  9. malidan
    Marshmallow Feb 23, 2020

malidan , Feb 23, 2020 :
    They are here and on networks, that's why OP's prices have gone up. You can't have OP selling virtually the same device as OPPO and Vivo for £100- 200 less. The incoming Find X2 will tell us for sure what the 7Pro will cost.

Impersonal likes this.
  10. malidan
    Marshmallow Feb 23, 2020

malidan , Feb 23, 2020 :
    I just don't see a plus in having a flat screen, it just means bezels and a minus in the asthetics and screen to body ratio.
    The Pro series is by far OP's best looking device ever.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2020

Impersonal likes this.
  11. GeekOnTheHill
    Honeycomb Feb 23, 2020

I may buy a new old-stock 6T when the 8's come out if I can get a good deal. I keep a bunch of AT&T SIM's on hand to activate on prepaid for house guests whose carriers have no signal here, and I like them to have decent phones to use. I let them install whatever they want and just wipe the phones when they go home.

The 6t would also make a very good hot spare for me should something happen to the 7t. Living out in the boonies, getting a decent replacement phone in a hurry can mean eight hours of driving.

Richard

Impersonal likes this.
  12. GeekOnTheHill
    Honeycomb Feb 23, 2020

Personal preference. Curved screens aren't a deal-killer for me, but I prefer flat.

I'm more of a function-over-form guy. I find flat screens result in fewer accidental touches, full use of the raster, and slightly less susceptibility to bump damage. That sort of thing. But I'm not religious about it.

Richard

Impersonal likes this.
  13. Impersonal
    Jelly Bean Feb 23, 2020

GeekOnTheHill likes this.
  14. GeekOnTheHill
    Honeycomb Feb 23, 2020

Thank you.

Yes, I'm in the U.S. I live in rural New York State about four hours north of the city, so it would be an eight-hour round trip. B&H Photo in Manhattan is the nearest place where I know I could get an unlocked, dual-SIM phone with two actual SIM slots that I liked on the same day.

There are other places where I might be able to get one that are closer. Micro Center in Yonkers, New York sometimes has a few; and rarely, Best Buy, which is a chain with a store as close as an hour from me, may have one. But they would be crap shoots. B&H would be a certainty.

Of course, I also could just use two spare phones that I have laying around and order a replacement dual-SIM phone online, which is probably what I'd wind up doing. But the Manhattan store is a place that I like shopping in, but not necessarily getting to; so I might take advantage of the excuse that I "need to" make the trip, since one of the phone numbers is my business line.

Richard

BeingIncog and Impersonal like this.
  15. malidan
    Marshmallow Feb 23, 2020

malidan , Feb 23, 2020 :
    I' ve never had an accidental touch and I'm into year 4 of owning a curved screen device. I constantly hear people repeating this line( what they heard someone say ) and watch individuals trying to demonstrate it in the most ludicrous of manners.

As for damage glass is glass and glass will break, gravity does not care whether you have a flat or a curved screen. There are plenty of owners on this forum that will testify to that. ;)

Impersonal likes this.
  16. Impersonal
    Jelly Bean Feb 26, 2020

17. Impersonal
    Jelly Bean Feb 27, 2020

18. anismail2001
    Honeycomb Feb 27, 2020

Impersonal likes this.