OnePlus Investigates – Ask your smartphone industry questions

1. devil112
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus 10 Pro 5G Mar 27, 2019

devil112 , Mar 27, 2019 :
    What is your take on 5G will it be a lot faster then 4G or just Minor upgrade ?

2. devil112
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus 10 Pro 5G Mar 27, 2019

devil112 , Mar 27, 2019 :
    What are your thoughts on everything under display ? No cutout at all. All things under display.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019

3. moonbaby
    Cupcake Mar 27, 2019

4. NomanSeth
    Donut Mar 27, 2019

5. O1553695521184
    Cupcake Mar 27, 2019

O1553695521184 , Mar 27, 2019 :
    Hi guys! done a great job in Mobile industry thumbs up for that.
    1553695846566.jpg
    phone is too good but small addition in features in os makes this phone a fantabulous one.
    The features should be added in are like adding face ID for App lock, in camera sights night scape should be added for fro cam too.
    Increase the battery capacity for minimum 4000mAh.
    The back case which was given in the box makes the phone durable but the design is dull.
    shift the speakers to the place of microphone because in gaming times our fingers block the opening of speakers this makes the gaming experience uncomfortable.
    but over all the phone is a killer one and gives us a killer experience in every activity.
    THANKS FOR THE PHONE MANUFACTURED BY ONE PLUS COMMUNITY AND HOPE THAT MY SUGGESTIONS WOULD HELP YOU TO IMPROVE THE PHONE'S FEATURES.
    GREAT JOB GUYS [e]1f44d[/e][e]1f44d[/e][e]1f44d[/e][e]1f44d[/e][e]1f44d[/e][e]1f44d[/e][e]1f44d[/e][e]1f44d[/e][e]1f44d[/e][e]1f44d[/e][e]1f44d[/e]

6. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 Community Expert Writers' Club Mar 27, 2019

YRJ , Mar 27, 2019 :
    This clearly sums up everything!

Dresa91 likes this.
  7. the_o2
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Mar 27, 2019

the_o2 , Mar 27, 2019 :
    Here are my questions:
    • What you guys think of the future of the smartphone?
    • Will it becomes completely wireless ( like completely wireless charging or Wi-Fi charging)?
    • What will be the role of the smartphone in the iOT( internet of things)?
    • Will we see any battery less smartphone in near future?
    • Will Project Ara back from dead in near future?
    • Why the Smartphones are more powerful than Laptops these days?

Ruby G. and Dresa91 like this.
  8. the_o2
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Mar 27, 2019

the_o2 , Mar 27, 2019 :
    Well for me they are not digesting the failure of the tablets so the foldable smartphone will be the thing and price would be the another fact and smartphone industry is growing exponentially and people are getting bored with the regular design of the phone they want something new.

Till now I only love the concept of the Moto Razr which is some how a practical phone.

Shrey B. Shah, Ruby G. and Dresa91 like this.
  9. Logancd1
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 27, 2019

Logancd1 , Mar 27, 2019 :
    I like your first question best of all so if you don't mind I'm going to build off it a bit and maybe clarify it? Let me know if you'd rather I ask a different question though ;)

Within the smartphone industry, we often see the same new hardware debuting in multiple phones around the same time. For example, the trend of minimizing bezels on smartphones began with a number of different smartphones throughout 2017, including but not limited to OnePlus 5T, iPhone X, Essential Phone, and (sort of) Pixel 2XL. We then saw the emergence of in-display fingerprint sensors with a few Chinese phones being released with them, followed by the OnePlus 6T and now the Samsung Galaxy S10. We know that OnePlus likely has the resources of Vivo and Oppo available as far as research into new tech goes, but Samsung and OnePlus (as far as I know) have no relationship.

How is it that so many different manufacturers happen to being implementing the same new technologies all around the same time? Do smartphone manufacturers tend to share some research about how certain things work? Do manufacturers share research on potential upcoming trends? Without there being some sort of common thought or research between all these different smartphone manufacturers, I find it very strange that they all happen to jump on the same trains, year after year, over and over and over again. There is almost certainly not enough time between smartphone releases for companies to change directions and to work on a new feature that the industry has moved toward, so how do they all seem to know exactly what to do and exactly when to do it?

Ruby G. likes this.
  10. Daniel Hee
    Gingerbread Mar 27, 2019

Daniel Hee , Mar 27, 2019 :
    Nice clarification, it's really really weird. like, I get if companies like vivo or oppo that have the same parent company implementing the same trend at the same time, but what about other companies like Samsung, Apple, xiaomi, etc. I believe that they would want to keep their technology a secret as it may give them an advantage? so the same trend thing is just so weird.

Ruby G. likes this.
  11. Logancd1
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 27, 2019

Logancd1 , Mar 27, 2019 :
    I completely agree! Even the multi-camera trend appeared in multiple phones at once. Seems like every time something new comes up, suddenly everyone has it. Who's really the one innovating when it only takes mere months for others to have the same tech in their own devices?

Daniel Hee likes this.
  12. alokjkashyap
    Eclair Mar 27, 2019

alokjkashyap , Mar 27, 2019 :
    Why do you have such policy of publishing major updates only for 2 years and security patches for another 1 year, even when all of your phones are flagships?

13. Mustakim_14
    Gingerbread Mar 27, 2019

Mustakim_14 , Mar 27, 2019 :
    Smartphone are rapidly updated and changes. My question is "when technology changes or updated what manufacturer do to adopt and what happen to the back dated technical instruments?"

Ruby G. likes this.
  14. Shivam Birla
    Donut Mar 27, 2019

Shivam Birla , Mar 27, 2019 :
    I have always wanted to ask this...
    Everything is made up of electrons (correct me if I'm wrong) including phones, inside that motherboard too. The signals that flow through the circuits..., electricity is also generated by flowing of electrons. I wanted to know how, in what way and what type of things control signals, or preferably, electricity that make us interact with phones. What drives those electrons to project all the interesting things on the display from written text to all the graphical things. I want to know the very root of this thing.
    Thank you if it is capable of being called a question.
    (Again, correct me if not everyone is made up of electrons!) [e]270c[/e]️[e]1f44d[/e]

Ruby G. likes this.
  15. justmoe
    Donut Mar 27, 2019

justmoe , Mar 27, 2019 :
    1.Why are all the manufacturers allowing LG to take the crown on audio jack performance every year.
    2. Why are all the manufacturers not launching alternate high end devices without a notch?

16. [email protected]
    Honeycomb Mar 27, 2019

17. Vadomata
    Jelly Bean Mar 27, 2019

18. Rajveer
    Gingerbread Mar 27, 2019

Rajveer , Mar 27, 2019 :
    Whether Oneplus has any plan in future to introduce OPLaptop or OPSmartwatch ? ;)

19. junior_fornazi
    Eclair Mar 27, 2019

20. Tudor2308
    Gingerbread Mar 27, 2019

Tudor2308 , Mar 27, 2019 :
    My question is something I'm thinking about a lot in the last time and this is what I always wished to have an answer from the days I start to use OnePlus 5,(later 5t and now 6t)

*When is OnePlus going to do the best smart watch with Android wear?*

1 look up and see there is a place, a spot which is still to be revendicate
    2 Samsung alternative to Apple watch have so many compromises (it's own software, things that work just with Samsung)
    3 others manufacturers play it to safe, giving less features ending up in poor sales
    4 there's a huge lack of speed in android smarwatch industry, most of them lack the touch of the speed(which I trust OnePlus can deliver)
    5 as with the USB type C earphones, OnePlus can win not just the OnePlus fan base but all the major Android competitors, as Google, Huawei (which can't sell in the State's), LG, HTC and Sony
    6 the demand for it will be big if priced 250£(300$;300€) or lower
    7 Google is due to launch one soon so taking the chance now will be better as people want one and when they're do to have the option from Google even if will be probably over 300£ is going to sell pretty good

8 Don't ever think about a hibrid, just if you do it like ticwatch which have 2 screens, a simple watch with fitness tracker is just something that people won't enjoy enough to justify the purchase