OnePlus is no longer Community driven, it's forcing decisions down the throat of Users!

?

What do you as a user feel about the 3.5 mm jack ?

1. Must Have

68 vote(s)
    58.6%
  2. It's better if it's there

25 vote(s)
    21.6%
  3. No need

23 vote(s)
    19.8%
  1. Abhi Dahiya Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 13, 2018

Abhi Dahiya, Sep 13, 2018 :
    We all have come to know that OnePlus 6T will not feature a 3.5mm headphone jack. And this is the worst thing EVER to hear as a OnePlus fan.

https://www.gsmarena.com/one_fewer_...a_headphone_jack_says_carl_pei-news-33249.php

OnePlus made fun of "others" when they introduced OnePlus 3 with headphone jack and it continued with every iteration launch. Carl Pei did numerous twitter polls where it's users overwhelmingly voted in favour of 3.5mm jack. Yet suddenly the brand that aspires to never settle and calls itself community driven decides to ditch 3.5mm jack. Why? Because it will save them cost and would include them in "COOL Guys" Club.

Why did not Carl host a poll this time around about what it's users feel? Or is it just reserved only for the time when they expect the results to go in favour of what they are going to do?
    Lame excuses like "we feel" , "we think" , "i think" doesn't turn you people into a community driven brand. You are doing exactly the opposite, i.e. Force your stupid decisions down the throat of your users and loyal fans.

Another excuse is that removing 3.5mm jack will result in improved battery life and is necessary to include some other tech. WHAT Tech exactly ?
    In display fingerprint scanner, bigger battery, triple camera, 50 watt charging, water drop notch, All these are already a part of OPPO R17 Pro on which your 6T will be based and R17 Pro still manages to have a 3.5mm jack.

Unless your 6T has a 4000 mAh battery(bigger than already bigger 3750 mAh of R17 Pro), a possible wireless charging, i don't see where were you people getting short of space inside the phone ?

It just sounds like another poor excuse. Everybody knows Wireless headphones are costlier and inferior to their counterparts when it comes to sound quality. And the added hassle of making sure they are charged. And my favourite headphones do not come with a type C jack either.

Won't waste money either on your Bullets wireless Or Type C bullets that are clearly inferior to my over the ear headphones and in ear ones.

A lot of times when i am travelling i plug in my Power bank to charge the phone and also plug in headphones to listen to music. How am i supposed to do that now without compromises?

Being a happy OnePlus 3T owner i was looking forward to buying either the 6T or 7, but it is going to be a really hard decision now. Good luck selling your 6T OnePlus. You clearly do not enjoy the blind following Apple has, neither are you as Value For Money as you were few years ago. There are brands that are sitting just to fill the void that you will leave.

I just hope 6T sales will teach you a very important lesson. Consumers have made you the brand that you are now, not vice versa.

PS - OnePlus forum is not always the correct measure of the pulse of user base. Most of the users aren't even present in here.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018

2. shakaebmohd Cupcake Sep 13, 2018

3. Afzal Khan Jelly Bean Sep 13, 2018

Afzal Khan, Sep 13, 2018 :
    I do agree that 3.5mm jack should be there in the T iteration but for that I can make a request and even if its not happening then I can look for other options rather then Whinning out here and making them feel like I owned them.

4. malarz Donut Sep 13, 2018

5. OPOBEAST Honeycomb Sep 13, 2018

6. Abhi Dahiya Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 13, 2018

Don't they claim that they listen to their users and are community driven? I am just doing my bit to make sure that their blocked minds open up somehow and they realize the wrong path that they have embarked upon. It doesn't take long to burst the bubble of a small smartphone brand. It is a very competitive industry where every other brand is breathing down the neck of other.

As for if i own them or not, it is due to us users that they have reached this position and not vice versa. Just reminding them of their high headedness.

7. srinivas0301 Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 13, 2018

srinivas0301, Sep 13, 2018 :
    Let's see what @Carl has to say to the community fan base . Previously he use to say we heard from community and Jack is still there . Now he will say it's hard time and it's no more mid range smart phone . OP grown up as a brand and I have customers no need of community n crap like other brands .

8. nyzproof333 Jelly Bean Sep 13, 2018

nyzproof333, Sep 13, 2018 :
    Unfortunately it's suckers like you and others that think OP listens to it's fans.

9. srinivas0301 Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 13, 2018

@Carl said that at launch events .What's your opinion about the founder co founder ???

10. P1536861822533 Cupcake Sep 13, 2018

P1536861822533, Sep 13, 2018 :
    well since giants have moved on already from 3.5mm jack soon manufacturers of audio will also move on to wireless n usb c tech, 3.5mm is on its way out, even samsung will ditch them in a year. R17 pro doesn't come with snapdragon 845 chip with cooling attachments that takes mire space

11. SecureHttp Eclair Sep 13, 2018

SecureHttp, Sep 13, 2018 :
    idiots talking shit again. you people don't understand anything about development of products

12. nyzproof333 Jelly Bean Sep 13, 2018

Of course he said that, they need your money.

My opinion is Carl isn't any different from any other executive.

13. G_Boris_Sweden_lHuW Froyo Sep 13, 2018

14. Abhi Dahiya Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 13, 2018

I never believed that. I am just quoting what they said to reply back to make them hear (if they even want to).

Yup, we aren't slaves of OnePlus or any other brand for that matter.

15. srinivas0301 Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 13, 2018

He conquered Indian market and now he'll get surprises from the same Indian market . OP holds 50% of the market here .Stay tuned how that Indians magic will make him upside down .

16. elanglois Lollipop Sep 13, 2018

elanglois, Sep 13, 2018 :
    +1

80% of the people wanted to keep the jack, but they kill it anyway. Why? To sell more gear!

Oneplus has become the type of company they were trying to stop' Now they are just like the rest.

Never Settle for a phone without a headphone jack or a company that doesn't listen to its users.

17. nyzproof333 Jelly Bean Sep 13, 2018

Manufactures are not going to continue to invest resources into these types of products when wireless is the future. Soon OP will be investing in the headphone jack for such a small group that it would be stupid for that to continue.

You all want more more more but don't want to pay more. Something has to give.

18. camohan Lollipop Moderator Sep 13, 2018

camohan, Sep 13, 2018 :
    The other day you created a thread complaining about oneplus increasing price device by device, after few days you created a thread mentioning you could anyday trust oneplus, oppo, vivo etc on benchmark testing and now this.. I am not sure what exactly you want.

If you or anyone thought this day of no jack would never ever come, you are fooling yourself or becoming impractical. Stop ranting, if you feel Oneplus is not a brand for you, move on, the market is huge. There are pros and cons of every decision. I know lot of users who are fine with no Jack. There is no way to decide what community wants, ther can never be a sample representative of population on forum or Twitter or other social media.

Like ppl still bought the oneplus phone with no radio, no external storage devices, no earphones with the device, with notch and sales number speak for itself, stop pretending that you know what community wants. I am sure 6t will surpass 6 TOO. atleast I have a confidence on hardware decisions of oneplus.

19. ItsHal Eclair Sep 13, 2018

ItsHal, Sep 13, 2018 :
    This out cry about OnePlus removing the headphone jack.Things change times are changing and they are just going . with the times.There is much worse things in life then A phone brand removing A headphone jack.

gabrimessi, vik45, Vladut123 and 2 others like this.
  20. nyzproof333 Jelly Bean Sep 13, 2018

Removing the headphone jack won't impact them as much as you think.