OnePlus is no longer Community driven, it's forcing decisions down the throat of Users!

?

What do you as a user feel about the 3.5 mm jack ?

1. Must Have

74 vote(s)
    56.1%
  2. It's better if it's there

32 vote(s)
    24.2%
  3. No need

26 vote(s)
    19.7%
  1. Vinaykumar_a
    Donut Sep 14, 2018

Vinaykumar_a , Sep 14, 2018 :
    true words my friend

2. jaivaghela
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 14, 2018

jaivaghela , Sep 14, 2018 :
    Not a deal breaker for me, I haven't even used the headphone jack on my OP6 once. My Bluetooth headphones work perfectly.

3. SiliconAddiction
    Gingerbread Sep 14, 2018

SiliconAddiction , Sep 14, 2018 :
    After my customer service disaster with OP when I ordered the OP6 a few months (Returned it.) back I was looking forward to going through Tmobile for support on the OP 6T, cutting OP out of the loop. However, this news is a complete deal killer when it comes to buying a new OP. I WILL NOT buy a phone without a headphone jack. Yes, I have a pair of BT earbuds.
    They get about 4 hours of battery life. They are good for jogging and anywhere I'm active.

They are not good for travel and long camping trips.

2 months ago I was on a flight from Minnesota to LAX, to Japan. After the battery died I put the buds back into the case to charge and swapped over to my $150 wired buds and kept going as my phone was still plugged in and charging.

Wireless is not an "it just works technology. I've had BT die or become problematic on multiple phones over the years.

I suspect this is being forced on OP by their parent company. I don't care about the excuse. An excuse doesn't resolve the issues I can see going forward with a phone that does not have a jack.

So I'm off to LG. I really do hope that OP has a serious drop in customers due to this. Especially after less than 6 months ago they were giving Apple crap about lacking a jack. Ahh marketing.

4. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer Sep 14, 2018

5. CB1000r
    Froyo Sep 14, 2018

CB1000r , Sep 14, 2018 :
    OnePlus pretended to listen to customers as long as it suited them. They will soon realize that they don't have the strong/blind brand following of the iPhone and many users like myself will be jumping ship.

6. Sunilh121
    Honeycomb Sep 14, 2018

7. villa73
    Froyo Sep 14, 2018

villa73 , Sep 14, 2018 :
    I too have had terrible customer service with OP, in that my OP5T has liquid damage.
    Back-story: Bought in the UK from O2 store (supplier of OnePlus products) - go out and work - it rains - it's Britain - it happens. Phone out as I'm calling someone - gets minor wet - brush off water and pop in waterproof jacket - phone fails to turn on again - leave it in to charge - get warning 'device temperature is too low' - send off for repair from O2. Comes back with liquid damage - Go to OP6 launch event - explain problem - told it'll be sorted - went back and forth with the C.S team before being offered a rubbish £30 discount and condolensces.
    It just sucks that Liquid Damage isn't covered by warranty, because it should.
    It rains about 80% of the time in the UK. We cannot help it. Don't sell the phones here if they cannot handle little splashes of water.

8. cruzAD
    Gingerbread Sep 15, 2018

cruzAD , Sep 15, 2018 :
    I hate this *** motto 'Never settle', but the phone is quite good. Speaker is weak for this price, speaker is shame, lack of real water resistance is a bit annoying, etc.. But generally the phone is worth it. But this slogan is a shame also. Fortunately it is not a big technical issue. : ]

9. cruzAD
    Gingerbread Sep 15, 2018

cruzAD , Sep 15, 2018 :

cruzAD

I hate this *** motto 'Never settle', but the phone is quite good. Speaker is weak for this price, speaker is shame, lack of real water resistance is a bit annoying, etc.. But generally the phone is worth it. But this slogan is a shame also. Fortunately it is not a big technical issue. : ]​

Bahh... Fa G motto. Sorry, but it is a fact :)

10. G_Aubrey_Price_eqkg
    Gingerbread Sep 15, 2018

G_Aubrey_Price_eqkg , Sep 15, 2018 :
    Good one Abhi

But yes, you gotta accept bro that the company will do what it has to do keeping in mind only those customer ideas that match with theirs. I am absolutely fine if they remove the 3.5 mm jack coz I prefer BT. So I feel its better for me. The less holes the faster I could look towards possibly getting a complete water and dust proof phone. But again that's me only. I moved from Xperia only because of the cost. The day I am totally dissatisfied with OP I will move back to Xperia. Regards and all the best

11. Sai teja1997
    Froyo Sep 15, 2018

Sai teja1997 , Sep 15, 2018 :
    I totally agree with you bro.....And I definitely think that they will come up with a "lame " excuse for which we are fed up of listening from various brands like The Google and Apple...and c'mon OnePlus when you claim you are community centric smartphone manufacturer you should listen to the community.......And if you want to make money by selling your "type-c" earphones then go search for another way!!!!!

cruzAD likes this.
  12. W1515575988478
    Cupcake Sep 15, 2018

W1515575988478 , Sep 15, 2018 :
    same here, staying with this awesome 3T. just heard about this news, and yes I think I'm gonna ditch them by buying Poco F1 instead. they are getting lame.

anyway, how can we tag the team or mention them? so they would know the community's testimony?

13. cruzAD
    Gingerbread Sep 15, 2018

cruzAD , Sep 15, 2018 :
    You can have BT and jack, the two have nothing to do with each other, nor with water resistance and dust proofness. I have water resistant dustproof (and shockproof) phone with jack, not a big deal.

G_Aubrey_Price_eqkg likes this.
  14. geo07
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 15, 2018

geo07 , Sep 15, 2018 :
    Well said, agreed with everything you mentioned.

15. carve702
    Donut Sep 15, 2018

carve702 , Sep 15, 2018 :
    After buying the one plus 6 this will be my last one plus device. try playing pubg with wireless headphones with out a sound delay. it's impossible. even with aptx.. also the compromise is there when charging and playing games... good bye one plus.

cruzAD likes this.
  16. Never Subtle
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 16, 2018

Never Subtle , Sep 16, 2018 :
    It's a lifting device commonly used on vehicles to access the underside.

theshinybeast likes this.
  17. Never Subtle

I'm surprised you have a mobile phone at all

18. Never Subtle

I've been using OnePlus phones for nearly 4 years and not once have I plugged anything into the jack socket. Whether my next phone is an op or not, my decision will not be influenced by an old analogue port.

19. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer Sep 16, 2018

Paschfire and theshinybeast like this.
  20. Android450
    Marshmallow Sep 16, 2018

Android450 , Sep 16, 2018 :
    Damn 13 pages :tearsofjoy: people are acting so surprised. The day the wireless bullets were announced was the day you should have viewed as a sign of things to come

Tobikage likes this.