OnePlus is no longer Community driven, it's forcing decisions down the throat of Users!

?

What do you as a user feel about the 3.5 mm jack ?

1. Must Have

74 vote(s)
    56.1%
  2. It's better if it's there

32 vote(s)
    24.2%
  3. No need

26 vote(s)
    19.7%
  1. Ashwath Reddy D K
    Eclair Sep 17, 2018

Ashwath Reddy D K , Sep 17, 2018 :
    Next OnePlus will add wireless charging and then say people wanted it , it's in the community forum that why do you need wireless charging they are just being driven by money not by the their originality

2. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Sep 17, 2018

dsmonteiro , Sep 17, 2018 :
    You're ruining perfectly good coke and perfectly good Jack.

Bouncer71 likes this.
  3. Mihaims83
    Cupcake Sep 17, 2018

Mihaims83 , Sep 17, 2018 :
    Can you please explain to us why is the headphone jack so important to you, why is so unacceptable to a phone not to have the audio port?
    Oneplus 6T will have a USB Type C to 3.5 mm port adapter in the box.
    The user experience will be the same, the audio quality also, you don't have to use wireless headphones or Type C headphones .
    So what is the problem here, because i really don't understand.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018

4. Danielarr45
    Honeycomb Sep 17, 2018

Danielarr45 , Sep 17, 2018 :
    sure but keep in mind, Bluetooth was never designed for high Fidelity audio. wireless audio, is not at the point of sound quay as as wired ear buds. this is why Samsung still includes the audio jack in thier flagship devices. Apple on the other hand extended their apple tax by forceing their ear pods which are inferior to any quality wired head set. this unfortunately is not listening to your community, but imposing your will on the loyal install base.

5. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer Sep 17, 2018

Bouncer71 , Sep 17, 2018 :
    The only way I like it...
    Don't drink the Jack pure...
    I'd rather prefer a Knob or a Bulleit... ;D

dsmonteiro likes this.
  6. amolrane6290
    Cupcake Sep 17, 2018

7. Intruder71
    Lollipop Sep 17, 2018

Intruder71 , Sep 17, 2018 :
    Best news all day bring it on...

Danielarr45 likes this.
  8. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Sep 17, 2018

dsmonteiro , Sep 17, 2018 :
    My current poison is Jameson Caskmates - Stout edition.

Never Subtle and Bouncer71 like this.
  9. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer Sep 17, 2018

Bouncer71 , Sep 17, 2018 :
    Sounds interesting..! 8D
    30€ a bottle is worth a try....

I got a hang on Rye Bourbon... 1776 my current favorite...

dsmonteiro likes this.
  10. arifholmes
    Eclair Sep 17, 2018

arifholmes , Sep 17, 2018 :
    I have an OP2, but use it as my secondary device. The iPhone SE is my primary device. The thing happening with the jack is not new. It happened with the nougat update for OP2. They announced nougat update & later cancelled it to focus on the new OP3. Oneplus has never listened to their community, you can check on the OP2 section. With the jack carl took the poll & kept it when it suited them, & now its removed just to follow apple. As an apple user, I can say that oneplus will never be Apple. They charge you money..but never claim that they listen to the community and are fan based. For a 4 year old company, they are punching way above their weight. #settledlongago

Danielarr45 likes this.
  11. Danielarr45
    Honeycomb Sep 17, 2018

Danielarr45 , Sep 17, 2018 :
    agree. its all about profit and less about the community. and when someone on the community voices their concern, you have the power fanboys from somewhere in the world, probably in Asia that shuts down a thread because they do not want to hear the truth

12. SiliconAddiction
    Gingerbread Sep 18, 2018

SiliconAddiction , Sep 18, 2018 :

Personally, I have no problems with wireless. But the battery life for long-term playback IS an issue. If I can get a solid 15 hours on a charge (I know there are cans that can get this but no buds.) I'd be OK with that. The average I'm seeing is less than 10 hours. Usually in the 9-5 range. This is unacceptable for folks who travel a lot.

13. G_Wojciech_Winnicki
    Cupcake Sep 18, 2018

G_Wojciech_Winnicki , Sep 18, 2018 :
    Well. it would be my 1st and last phone from OnePlus then. Seems like they will force users to buy wireless headphones, which are ... unavailable most of the time :D And if in stock, vultures from ebay getting them all to resell for much higher price. I'm in UK and today missed chance to buy ONE pair for my OnePlus 6, if there were any in first place. £ ofers on ebay, with total of 15 available so far. Good luck OnePlus with your next phone without audio jack! :cool:

14. SiliconAddiction
    Gingerbread Sep 18, 2018

SiliconAddiction , Sep 18, 2018 :

Its very very simple. I need to pay attention to battery life on my watch, on my phone. The last thing I want to think about when I'm traveling is oh crap! Did I charge my headphones before my 12 hour flight! Because unless your type C cable also has a charger in it you can only do one or the other. A 4 hour flight is not a problem. A flight from Chicago > LAX > Japan IS.

Another example. I'm setting up a mainstage and someone out of the blue wanted to play some Stranger things on the just setup audio rig. 8 people in the room all running Apple couldn't. No headphone jack. Meanwhile, my Galaxy S8+ was ready to roll. Plugged it in and hit play on Pandora. No dongle needed. No running up to my room to get it. Just plug it in and go. This is the way things should be. The headphone jack is NOT a floppy drive. A floppy drive had 1.44MB of storage. A zip disk went from 1.44 to 100MB then to 200MB+ Jazz disks went to 800MB-1GB+ Then you had flash drives. Floppy disks were not obsolete overnight. Even now they are used in specialized environments.
    Removing the headphone jack that does not require power to use when at best you can get less than a day of charge, sounds better, and is a tech that can't be interfered with from outside sources is the hight of hubris.

[​IMG]

15. fletch13
    Donut Sep 18, 2018

fletch13 , Sep 18, 2018 :
    My journey with OnePlus looks like it will end. Love my 5T and was looking forward to 6T. I won't lose sleep over it, will just find another phone with a headphone jack. I have wireless headphones to use for gym and plan ahead to charge. I use wired at my desk as I don't want to be concerned with charging another set. It's a personal choice I realize, but I will choose a headphone jack. I do not care about about a waterproof phone as I don't shower or swim with my phone.

cruzAD likes this.
  16. N_mag
    Froyo Sep 20, 2018

N_mag , Sep 20, 2018 :
    I agree, it hasn't been community driven for a while it feels like... 6T with no jack = going elsewhere for next phone. There's no real reason to remove the jack.

17. cruzAD
    Gingerbread Nov 15, 2018

cruzAD , Nov 15, 2018 :
    Invest what? It's a meaningless BS.

18. Danielarr45
    Honeycomb Nov 15, 2018

Danielarr45 , Nov 15, 2018 :
    i agree. as a business, OP has the right to remove the Headphone jack, but be honest about it. this decision was not community driven, but profit driven. the vast majority of OP users want a headphone jack

19. cruzAD
    Gingerbread Nov 15, 2018

cruzAD , Nov 15, 2018 :
    The only reason I bought this phone is OOS

20. JAGADISH BHATTA
    Jelly Bean Nov 15, 2018

JAGADISH BHATTA , Nov 15, 2018 :
    1)Problem arises when you forget to take those adapter with you while travelling
    2)2nd problem is you have to charge your earphone frequently and if you forget to charge then you are out of luck
    3)Wired headphone have much better sound quality
    4)wireless earphones are expensive bullet earphone cost 4,000 /- while a good wired earphone will not cost you more than 600/-
    5)I can't use my phone during charging because port is already used for charging
    6)Type C earphones currently one plus selling is not of good quality