OnePlus is no longer Community driven, it's forcing decisions down the throat of Users!

?

What do you as a user feel about the 3.5 mm jack ?

1. Must Have

74 vote(s)
    56.1%
  2. It's better if it's there

32 vote(s)
    24.2%
  3. No need

26 vote(s)
    19.7%
  1. _ilo_ Gingerbread Sep 13, 2018

_ilo_, Sep 13, 2018 :
    chill your balls. Headphone jack is shit. Bluetooth headphones are the future

2. G_jonny_cool_nxOr Jelly Bean Sep 13, 2018

G_jonny_cool_nxOr, Sep 13, 2018 :
    Are you a marketing manager of oneplus ??

3. srinivas0301 Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 13, 2018

srinivas0301, Sep 13, 2018 :
    Not all Indians are fans of type C ,even the price .

4. G_jonny_cool_nxOr Jelly Bean Sep 13, 2018

G_jonny_cool_nxOr, Sep 13, 2018 :
    yea bluetooth headphones with shitty sound system

5. nyzproof333 KitKat Sep 13, 2018

nyzproof333, Sep 13, 2018 :
    My assumption is next gen competitor products will follow suit.

Vladut123 likes this.
  6. KNbG Froyo Sep 13, 2018

KNbG, Sep 13, 2018 :
    now days the gadget goes for type c. u can used earbud or bluetooth earphone. my concern more on chipset SD845 or SD855 on 6T.. if still using SD845 better wait for 1+7.

Vladut123 likes this.
  7. srinivas0301 Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 13, 2018

Obviously ,in that case where is wireless charging ,Iris scanner ?

8. Sujknair Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 13, 2018

G_mike_bates_wySI and Vladut123 like this.
  9. HalCapone Honeycomb Sep 13, 2018

HalCapone, Sep 13, 2018 :
    At the Price one plus sell phones why trying to make profit adding wireless charging and Iris scanner will bump the price up.Witch will give people something eles to moan about

Vladut123 likes this.
  10. F_Jorrin_Knollema_BMMt Eclair Sep 13, 2018

robinpn and Vladut123 like this.
  11. srinivas0301 Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 13, 2018

I think you are aware of Poco f1 .price range n specifications.

Vladut123 and Abhi Dahiya like this.
  12. Nick 59 Lollipop Sep 13, 2018

Nick 59, Sep 13, 2018 :
    It was bound to happen eventually. Fewer and fewer users need a headphone jack as decent wireless earphones are reasonably cheap now.
    Technology doesn't stand still but if you really insist on having wired earphones the new USB C Bullets are ridiculously cheap.

Vladut123 likes this.
  13. SecureHttp Froyo Sep 13, 2018

SecureHttp, Sep 13, 2018 :
    dude, the amount of idiots on this forum is too much. I'm glad someone understands why they excluded the headphone jack

14. srinivas0301 Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 13, 2018

Type c is cost cutting ,If OP gives like type C connector where user can connect 3.5 mm Jack to that connector it will be ok ok to customers .

15. HalCapone Honeycomb Sep 13, 2018

HalCapone, Sep 13, 2018 :
    Yes I am.Has face unlock not iris scanner and does not have wireless charging.If that Phone did the phone would cost more to.

Vladut123 likes this.
  16. Abhi Dahiya Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 13, 2018

Abhi Dahiya, Sep 13, 2018 :
    I still maintain that OnePlus is disproportionately increasing it's prices. What does that have to do with removing 3.5 mm jack?

I never created a thread about why i would anyday trust OnePlus, Vivo, Oppo on benchmark testing. I only wrote this thing in someone else's thread.

"I am not sure what exactly you want". What does all that you said has to do with 3.5 mm jack? Or my disappointment over it's removal?

Didn't OnePlus say they are community driven ? Like hundreds of times over and again? Is this that OnePlus community wants? Removal of 3.5 mm jack?

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...ck-from-the-oneplus-6t-is-a-good-idea.905491/

Approximately ~80% users say this is bad idea ^

My post, ~ 75% say it's better to have it.

I think that should give one a hint of what the community wants.

As for you threatening users for speaking their minds, to "stop ranting", "move on", i wish OnePlus doesn't approve of your behaviour. Not exactly something that is expected out of a moderator of a forum where everyone is entitled to their opinion and OnePlus takes pride in it's community, it's openess, it's criticism.

Radio is largely extinct now. Lack of external storage doesn't cripple functionality, internal is always there. Neither is notch taking away any functionality. That is why they were still accepted. Unlike 3.5 mm jack.

As you have a confidence that 6T will sell well and will surpass 6 in sales, i too am entitled for my opinion whether supportive or critical.

I can't understand why is just a single post of mine seemed so threatening to you that you took a direct personal target at me.

17. Mukund760 Honeycomb Sep 13, 2018

Mukund760, Sep 13, 2018 :
    I can't entirely blame them. Blame Apple, for their stupid idea to earn more money though dongles. Still i thought OP was different. I ignored the fact that they copied iPhone's design because it didn't effect my daily life. Sure i got some comments like "poor mans iPhone" but its my choice that I bought it. Removing a headphone jack on other hand is totally different. I knew that it was bound to happen one day. I thought that they will remove it in OP7 but to remove it on a T version, its a little bit wierd TBH. I think its the end of our beloved 3.5mm jack.(and our fu**i*g expensive wired headphones)

P.S. I will still Buy OP though. Not a big deal. I already own wireless headphones :P

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018

18. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert Sep 13, 2018

Cheetosdust, Sep 13, 2018 :
    I'm going to post here what I already wrote on another thread on the forums. Here:

I don’t even use the headphone jack anymore since I bought the Bullets Wireless, however, that’s not the point.

Apple started this because it can take this decision as Apple, others followed that decision and I don’t doubt the removal of the jack can make room for some improvements - battery it seems, with the OnePlus 6T.

The problem is, OnePlus is not Apple and the markets they need are very different. When you spend your days here, you can read users asking for FM Radio and IR Blaster and those users seem to be relying on technology that is “old”.

Another problem I have with this decision, is the PR crap the company is trying to spin. If you look at the rumors and leaks, it’s pretty obvious the OnePlus 6T is going to be “inspired” by the R17 or the R17 Pro. Well, guess what, the R17 Pro does not have a headphone jack.

Also, Carl mentioned a new tech and improved battery performance. The R17 Pro has two batteries and Super VOOC, something that’s probably be called Warp Charging.

Just because OnePlus is removing a feature I don’t use or care anymore, it doesn’t make it alright. I’m sure a lot of fans still love and use that port, I’m sure a lot of them don’t want to buy a pair of Wireless or USB-C Bullets. I’m sure a lot of them want to charge the phone and listen to something at the same time.

The sales are going to be great and yeah, the OnePlus 6T will be a great phone, sure. However, we live in a culture where the headphone jack is also a barometer to check what companies still care. For example, the Note 9 is crazy expensive, but in almost every review you can read or hear someone say “and Samsung still cares for its fans with the option to use the headphone jack”.

It’s an option, a loved one and one I can’t be so selfish about that I don’t care just because I don’t use anymore.

With this - especially with the OnePlus 6 and now the OnePlus 6T - OnePlus seems to be going after the flagships. Problem is that if your phone tries to go after what the flagships have in common, but lacking in other departments, well, maybe I’ll just pick a flagship and call it a day then.

And, ironically, when Xiaomi is going after OnePlus jugular in a key market like India, offering all they can with the Poco tagged with a lower price, OnePlus response is pissing off their user base there. I know the decision to remove the headphone jack was probably made before the Poco was announced, however, this just feeds into the “I’m done with OnePlus” thinking a lot of users were already ready to take.

This won’t change anything, however, for me is just another decision that shows that OnePlus is just a rebranded branch of BBK . Hmm, the whole community thing is more and more us talking to each other, it seems. If that’s the case, well, perhaps I’ll just continue to talk and buy the best Android smartphone I can.

Nowadays, it seems OnePlus cares about these voices as much as Google or Samsung do. Key difference is: their phones are better.

19. SecureHttp Froyo Sep 13, 2018

SecureHttp, Sep 13, 2018 :
    floppy disks died out in favour of USB stick, same way the 3.5 mm jack will die out in favour of more future proof technology . get used to it.

20. srinivas0301 Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 13, 2018

As Per INR there is difference of 15 k to 20 k ,that means they can include that technology .